18

After coming out of the restaurant, Ni Chang saw a black Buick parked next to the red motorcycle.

    The driver got off the driver's seat and opened the rear door, nodding and smiling at them.

    Yan Chi raised his chin and signaled Ni Chang to get in the car: "Send me a WeChat message when you get there."

    Ni Chang blinked without moving, looked back at the man, and asked silently.

    Yan Chi was a little surprised, and the corner of his mouth curled up: "Why, you still want me to take it?"

    He glanced at the slit of the girl's cheongsam.

    It's so late at night that riding a motorcycle doesn't feel like a breeze.

    "No."

    The man said lazily, and deliberately teased her, "If you drive a little faster, you will scream, and it will make my ears hurt."

    Ni Chang: "..."

    Ni Chang whispered softly: "Who cares? Take it!"

    She originally thought it was windy and wanted to stop riding the motorcycle.

    Now it seems... let this man suffer the cold!

    "Besides -"

   Yan Chi raised his hand and patted the motorcycle seat, raised his eyelids and stared at her, "The back seat of my car is only for my future wife."

    He raised his eyebrows meaningfully:  "You've already taken advantage twice, how can I say that?"

    Ni Chang's heart skipped a beat and she tilted her head to avoid the man's gaze.

    She didn't answer his question, just whispered "Let's go", then went to the back seat of the Buick and sat in it.

    The driver closed the door for her.

    The car started, and Ni Chang turned around and saw the red motorcycle swaying its headlights, and followed her.

    He did not go as fast as before, but followed Buick leisurely all the way, like a knight guarding silently.

    After waiting until she passed the first traffic light, Ni Chang saw the man raise a hand, tapping his helmet with his index and middle fingers, as if saying goodbye to her from afar.

    Then he turned quickly and disappeared around the corner.

    Ni Chang looked away, and she didn't even realize that the corners of her lips had been rising.

    The Buick stopped at the entrance of the old alley, and Ni Chang politely thanked the driver.

    The driver got out of the car, opened the passenger door, took out a paper bag with a silk bow and handed it to her.

    Ni Chang caught a glimpse of a shoe box inside. She thought about it, didn't refuse, and went home with the paper bag.

    The grandma in the courtyard was still arranging flowers in the studio. Seeing her come back, she quickly asked how the conversation went.

    In fact, today's negotiation would be fruitless if rounded up. But knowing that there was still room for negotiation, the old man seemed relieved.

    Ni Chang helped her grandma put the finishing touches on a cheongsam.

   When it was mentioned that Yan Chi wanted to visit the old house with people from the Cultural Relics Bureau, Ni Hong Xing had no reaction. She only said that she didn't expect their person in charge to be so young this time and "didn't look like he was in business."