Part 12

The wet black jacket was thrown carelessly on the power-off washing machine, and the slight dripping sound was clearly audible in the room where a pindrop could be heard.

    Di, da.

    Yan Chi stood at the table with a pocket in one hand, tapped on the note with his other knuckled hand, and then turned to look at the same string of numbers on the screen of his mobile phone.

    The man was thoughtful and moved his thumb on the screen for a moment before clicking the call button.

    ——Still can’t get through.

    This time it was temporarily unavailable.

    He doesn't know if he has been blocked...

    As soon as Yan Chi hung up the call, the assistant's number popped up.

    He pressed connect.

    "Second Young Master, I just went to confirm again!"

    Yan Chi's black eyes moved: "Say."

    "Their family name is Li."

    The man's eyes flickered.

    "Are you sure?"

    "You're sure! I just checked it again and the head of the household is named Li!"

   There was a sound of paper clattering from the assistant's side, "Looking at her age, she should be an old lady of six or seven years old..."

    Yan Chi frowned: "Sixty or seventy-year-old lady?"

    "Yes, yes!" the assistant said diligently with a thick accent, "We came to the door before and saw this old lady. Hey, don't look at her age. , That's awesome!"

    Yan Chi lowered his eyes and was silent for a moment, then asked: "Who else is in their family?"

    "Last time we went, we only saw this old lady!"

    Yan Chi wiped the note and fainted. handwriting, eyes darkened.

    "I understand."

    The assistant hesitated for two seconds and said, "Second Young Master, why don't we go to that house again? Or should we do as we said before and let the Legal Department handle it first?"

    Yan Chi snorted: " What are you looking at? Do you think they are showing off?"

    "Let the legal department sue directly."

    He said loudly, carefully putting away the still wet note with one hand.

    "They are anxious, they will find it themselves."

    **

    Ni Chang returned home nearly a week later than expected.

    The plane set off from the plateau and landed in Jindu's first continuous autumn rain.

    When the taxi stopped at the intersection of Old Street, the rain stopped in time.

   Ni Chang added a cardigan to her quarter-sleeved cheongsam.

   After thanking the driver, she and Jiang Yu turned into the alley with their suitcases.

    The old bluestone lane is like a Jiangnan painting rendered in ink.

  The two girls are drawn into the painting, walking through the moss-covered path, and then walking across the small bridge and the flowing water Liu Yi Yi.