Part 33

After Ni Chang was taken out of the room by Yan Chi, he happened to meet the rescue team members who came in through the door.

  They took a kayak and quickly reached safety.

    In fact, except for the low-lying old district in the south of the city, other places were not affected by the disaster.

    Yan Chi first called the hospital, and after confirming that Ni Hong Xing had no major problems, he took Ni Chang into the car.

    Ni Chang was frightened and almost unconscious due to the cold.

   Her thoughts stopped and she just followed the man silently.

    After the car stopped, she looked out the window and immediately recognized where it was.

    A small white two-story building, a front yard with a lawn and a huge garage - Yan Chi's own house.

    After getting off the car, the man did not take her into the room, but led her to the garage.

    "There's a power outage."

    He opened the garage door and turned around to tell Ni Chang, "There's basically no power in the city tonight."

    As soon as he finished speaking, the lightbulb on the roof of the garage clicked on.

    Ni Chang was surprised and asked with eyes.

    Yan Chi tilted his head towards the generator at his feet and said, "It's a small one. It won't be a big problem if it
lasts all night."

   "It can't be connected in the house, so stay here for a while."

    Ni Chang said "oh" lightly and walked into the garage. inside.

    The terrain here is high and the drainage is probably very good.

   There is no accumulation of water in the entire garage.

    After the heavy rain, there is only a cool feeling of moisture.

    Yan Chi opened the sofa, took out a pair of slippers and some long-sleeved home clothes, and handed them to Ni Chang along with a dry towel.

    "Change out of your wet clothes."

   After saying that, he walked towards the garage door.

   "I'll go get something from the house. Take your time."

    Ni Chang nodded in agreement.

   As soon as she walked to the sofa, she suddenly heard Yan Chi whispering behind her.

     Called her: "Ni Chang."

    Ni Chang turned around and saw the man walking back again.

    He put one hand around her waist and pulled her into his arms.

    With her forehead hitting his firm chest, Ni Chang smelled the moist soil, the chill of the rain, the familiar male hormones, and - the warm breath that gave her the most sense of security.

    The man's hand covered the back of her neck and kneaded it gently a few times.

    The bearded chin pressed against the top of her hair, bringing out the slightest hint of intimacy.

    After a while, Yan Chi's strong chest rose and fell, and he slowly let out a breath.

    "Scared me to death..."

     He murmured hoarsely.

    For the first time, a fragile crack appeared in the man's tone.

    For the first time, Ni Chang heard his anxiety and fear.