Part 34

Yan Chi looked at the girl's trembling long eyelashes and silently licked his back teeth.

    He shouldn't have asked this a second time.

    What you want and what I want is like a strong matchmaker's guarantee.

    But he still couldn't help handing it out.

    Maybe it was because they had just experienced a disaster together.

    Perhaps because the moment he grabbed her fragile heel, his greed grew wildly at the same time - eager to possess her further...

    Or maybe he was just anxious.

    It seemed that all his patience in this life had been spent on her...

    The soft little feet that were warmed in her arms slowly pulled away.

   Yan Chi raised his eyes and met Ni Chang's twinkling eyes.

    She pursed her lips and lowered her eyes, hugged her knees with her two thin arms, and curled up.

    ——The same posture he saw when he broke the window and entered the room.

    The two sat facing each other in silence, the air was quiet, and the faint noise of the generator's operation was apparent.

    Yan Chi looked at the girl who had lowered her eyelashes and said nothing, his dark eyes and heart becoming colder little by little.

    He frowned: "...No way."

    Ni Chang raised her head and glanced at the man, his bitten white lips moved, and he hesitated to speak.

    Yan Chi touched his cheek with the tip of his tongue and said slowly: "You'd better give me a better reason this time."

    He looked sideways at her, his eyes deep and heavy: "I don't want to hear anything inappropriate anymore. Bullshit."

    "Don't say you don't have feelings for me."

    He laughed at himself: "I'm not stupid."

    Ni Chang's head moved slightly, as if she wanted to shake her head, but also as if she was sighing helplessly.

    She swallowed hard and said in a low voice: "It's my problem."

    Yan Chi stared at her deeply for a few seconds and smiled suddenly.

    "I understand."

    There was no emotion in the man's tone and expression, but his whole person exuded a strong sense of frustration.

    He said word by word: "Your heart is the place where you can't keep warm, right?"

    Ni Chang's whole body was shocked, and the fingertips of her knees were clasped tightly at the edges of her trousers, and her knuckles slowly turned a cold white.

    She raised her eyes to look at the man, her already pale face even more pale: "You want a reason, don't you?"

    She nodded weakly: "Okay, I'll tell you."

    This is what he deserves.

    She should no longer avoid it and honestly explain her feelings.

    Yan Chi said nothing, looked at her expressionlessly, and waited silently.

    Ni Chang opened her mouth, but she didn't know where to start.

    She stared down at the patterns on the blanket for a while, then spoke softly: "Before, I told you that my parents were gone a long time ago..."

    Yan Chi frowned slightly: "They..."