Part 43

The sunshine in the winter afternoon is warm and genial, shining sparkling spots on the water in the tea cup.

A small tea leaf slowly sank to the bottom of the cup.

"Grandma."

Ni Chang spoke softly, her voice soft but clear.

Her eyes were clear and firm: "I am already with him."

- She had already made up her mind.

Ever since that night in the garage when she was held in his arms.

Or, when she glimpsed his silhouette for the first time from the dilapidated window of the hotel...

Ni Hong Xing looked at her granddaughter for several seconds, her eyes flickered, and she said slowly: "Then what grandma told you before -"

"You take it You can't stand a man like that, do you remember?"

Ni Chang lowered her eyelashes slightly: "I remember."

Ni Hong Xing paused and then remembered something.

"He is a racing driver. This profession is no different from risking your life. From now on, you will not be able to put your heart down."

Ni Chang whispered: "I know."

"What are the conditions between us and their family? Maybe you.... You will suffer."

Ni Chang nodded: "I know..."

Ni Hong Xing: "..."

Ni Hong Xing stopped talking.

After a moment of silence, she closed her eyes and let out a breath, sighing wordlessly.

"From the day I brought you home, I told myself that I would never, never let you follow your mother's path."

The old man shook her head and sighed, her tone disappointed and distressed.

"I know I can't stay with you forever. So over the years, I have devoted myself to teaching you skills and polishing your character. I just hope that you can be independent and sober, and that you can be broad-minded and stable for the rest of your life without relying on anyone. . But you..."

Ni Chang's eyes were sore and she was about to cry.

"Grandma..."

She stood up, walked to the old man, and called her softly: "Grandma."

"I have never forgotten your teachings. You hope that I can be as independent, capable, and able to live a safe life like you. Hold it tightly in your own hands and live peacefully for the rest of your life - I understand it all, I understand your intentions!"

Ni Chang said sincerely.

"I know that Yan Chi... didn't meet your expectations. But in fact, he didn't meet my expectations at the beginning either. I didn't get together with him on impulse."

With him, she has always been sober. Fall.

"Although I haven't known him for a long time, we have experienced a lot together. There are some things I haven't told you before... In short, apart from you and my great-grandfather, no one will love and care for me like he does. He feels sorry for me."

"You said that being with him might make me worried and unstable..."

Ni Chang paused and lightly twitched the corner of her mouth, "Maybe.... ."

"But grandma, I simply can't imagine what the future will be like with other people."

Ni Hong Xing was startled and turned her head to look at her granddaughter.