Part 32

Although she didn't catch a cold, Ni Chang still made a packet of cold medicine and drank it.

    Warmth spread throughout her stomach, and sleep quickly came over me.

    She fell into a long and complicated dream.

    In the dream, she did not stand on the back window sill, but ran downstairs happily like a bird.

    She wanted to run straight to the man, but she couldn't push the door open.

    A woman's scream came from behind the door, mixed with a man's curse and someone's cry.

    Ni Chang raised her hand and knocked on the door hard, but no one responded.

    She lowered her head and saw blood gurgling under the door.

    Ni Chang let out an inaudible scream and fell into the noisy darkness.

    "...That beast! He locked the child in the house alone!"

    "He threw the child away! Beast! Beast!"

    ...

    The old man's crutch hit the ground heavily with a scolding "dong" - Ni Chang woke up with a start.

    Her heartbeat was out of whack.

   She stared at the ceiling and took a deep breath. She stretched out her hand from the quilt and wiped her forehead.

    A cold sweat broke out on her forehead, as if she was really ill.

    Ni Chang lazily sat up from the bed, raised her hand and gently touched her eyebrows.

    It is easy to wake up, but the feeling brought by the dream does not go away for a while, and it is tired and nerve-wracking.

    Taking the mobile phone from the bedside, Ni Chang glanced out the window and frowned deeper.

    It's almost nine o'clock in the morning, why is it still so dark?

    She pulled off the quilt and got out of bed, pulled on her slippers and walked to the window.

    She was immediately shocked.

    The sky was as gloomy as a curtain, and the heavy rain came as expected while she was sleeping, and it was more fierce than expected.

    The old house is low-lying, and all the rainwater seems to gather here - their yard has turned into a creek.

    Ni Chang didn't have time to get dressed, so she grabbed a coat and walked downstairs.

    "Grandma—" she shouted from the stairs.

    No one responded.

    After going downstairs, Ni Chang suddenly stopped and her eyes widened.

    There is water on the first floor!

    The water was as deep as the door frame, and the coldness hit her from beneath her feet, making her shiver all over.

    Ni Chang shouted in the direction of the old man's bedroom: "Grandma!"

    Still no one responded.

    Ni Chang became anxious and walked straight to her grandma's room, treading water.

    The door was unlocked, but it seemed to be blocked by something.

   She twisted the doorknob and pushed it twice without opening it.

    After finally pushing open the palm-sized gap, Ni Chang lowered her head and saw one of her grandma's arms in her pajamas blocking the door.