𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋

☽︎ - 𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 23𝐫𝐝, 2024

"Alright I'll call you back", said paris as she was on speaker on moon's phone. "Alright", said moon. "Bye", said paris and hanged up. "That bitch ain't calling back", said moon and turned off her phone. Janet and latoya laughed. Katherine shook her head. "What happened to the sweet little moon I used to know?", asked katherine.

Moon smiled. "She's gone mom", replied latoya. Janet laughed. "Speaking of little moon, you remember that mall we used to take you back in 1988?", asked katherine. "Oh yeah", replied moon. "What was it called?", asked latoya.

"The landmark mall", replied katherine. "Whatever happened to that mall?", asked Janet. "It was closed down in 1989, it's stuck in 1989", replied katherine. "I've seen those type of videos, that there's many abandoned malls from the 80s, and some still play 80s music to this day", said moon.

"We should go", said latoya and stood up. "Right now?", asked moon. "Yeah, don't you want to experience your childhood one more time?", asked latoya. "Yeah....alright let's go", said moon and stood up.

- 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋

Moon got out of the car and pushed her grandmother on the wheelchair. She looked at the mall. "Wow, it's really abandoned", said moon. "Like janet's face", said randy. "I did not bring you so you two could fight", said katherine. Everyone else got out of the car.

Everyone went inside. Moon heard 80s music playing. It was human nature by her dad. Moon stepped out of the mall quickly. "Keep going, we'll catch up with you", said Janet. "Hopefully you get lost", said randy jokingly. "Randy!", exclaimed katherine. Janet rolled her eyes and stepped outside.

"Are you okay?", asked Janet. Moon nodded. "I can't listen to dad's music, you know how it makes me feel", replied moon. "I know", said Janet. "I can't believe that this mall has been abandoned since 1989 and the lights are on and the electric stairs are still going and most of all 80s music is still playing", said Janet.

Janet sticked her hand out for moon. "Come on, let's do this one more time", said Janet. Moon smiled and took Janet's hand. Janet and moond stood up and entered the mall. They looked around. The old same neon and pastel colors were still there. I think we're alone now by tiffany darwish started playing.

Janet and moon walked further into the mall and looked around. Certain windows were crashed. Certain stuff broken and misplaced.

- 1988

An eight year old moon ran to the waterfall. "No- Janet catch her", said katherine holding a few shopping bags. Heat of the moment by asia was playing. Janet laughed and grabbed moon. Moon giggled. "Mema I want to fly!", exclaimed moon.

Katherine laughed. Latoya smiled. Marlon held carol's hand. "You can fly when we get home, let's go to the food court", said katherine. Janet held moon's hand walked towards the food court. It was a bright and sunny saturday afternoon.

The mall was packed. 80s hair, fashion, makeup, and all here and everywhere. Katherine sat down and put the shopping bags on the table. Marlon sat next to his mother. Carol smiled as moon excitedly giggled. "You are very energetic today little miss", said katherine.

"I might of gave her a chocolate bar before we came here", said latoya and sat moon on her lap. "Of course, it's always you", said marlon. "Are we going to eat?", asked Janet. "No Janet, we just came her to sit and watch these people eat", replied marlon.

Janet rolled her eyes. "I don't think I was talking to you", said Janet. "Don't fight", said katherine. "I'm the favorite grandchild", said moon out of the blue. "What did she say?", asked marlon. Katherine, latoya, carol, and Janet laughed.

"It's best if you don't know", replied katherine.