Chapter 3

"Xiaoyue, help me find a small cardboard box."

"Won't you put it in a cage?"

"Forget it, it seems to be scared."

"Okay~"

"Remember to put a small cotton pad in it."

"I know~" the girl replied while touching Tong Ling's little head, "Look how much Brother Mian loves you."

I understood, now I understand completely.

Tong Ling rubbed his ears in disbelief.

As a low-level demon, when it was in the demon world, it practiced diligently and worked hard on the secrets. However, nearly two hundred years have passed, and its inspiration has not been successfully activated.

Now, after only two days with this man, it has already begun to understand.

Why is this?

Do humans also have magic?

After being put into the carton, Tong Ling straightened up and lay half-lying on the edge of the carton, staring at the man intently.

"What's wrong, little one, are you hungry?" The man dug at its neck with his fingers.

Tong Ling squinted his eyes comfortably.

I have to admit that this man always makes it very comfortable and the sound is nice, which makes the demon feel safe.

It is precisely because of this that it wants to stay with this person without resistance.

"You will be able to eat soon."

Tong Ling felt relieved. This man had no intention of harming it, but was trying his best to take care of it. It was the misunderstanding.

The man went out for a while and then came back, holding a small dinner plate in his hand.

Rabbits like to eat carrots, apples, and the grass growing by the river, but what are these brown particles in front of them?

Tong Ling sniffed it for a long time with his little nose raised. There was a faint smell of grass, but it was different from the grass he ate. Is this really edible?

"Is it stress? I don't seem to want to eat." The girl said worriedly.

Hearing this, the man took the cat into his arms, coaxing it softly, holding the small particles in his hand and handing them to its mouth.

Tong Ling was flattered. Since he became an adult, he has never been held in his arms and eaten. This person is so gentle.

The touched rabbit tentatively rolled a piece of rabbit food into his mouth. Well... the taste was average, far worse than fresh carrots.

Tong Ling only ate less than half of the rabbit food. He didn't want to eat it anymore. He turned his head away and refused to feed. The man understood what he meant instantly.

Tong Ling returned to the small paper box. He kicked up his legs and stretched out. He was so sleepy.

The rabbit lying on its side was getting ready to sleep. Its little paws were flicked by someone's fingers. It vaguely heard something the man said. Wait, why is it a little hard to hear with this ear?

Tong Ling sat up with a start and flipped his other ear upward.

"Qiuqiu said that the takeaway has arrived, let's go out to eat."

"Okay."

The man stood up and went out. Tong Ling was about to cry without tears. It turned out that he could only hear with one ear.

After a day's work, Zhou Mian carried Tong Ling home.

The little guy is resistant to the clinic and doesn't like going into the cage. Zhou Mian is worried about leaving him here.

On the way home, Zhou Mian received a call from Su Yu, inviting him to have dinner with him and saying that the girl he introduced to him last time was also there.

Zhou Mian looked at the rapidly retreating high-rise buildings and traffic outside the car window. He was silent for a moment and then laughed at himself: "Let's forget it. I won't harm others."

Su Yu: "Hey, wasn't that an accident last time?"

Zhou Mian said Mian: "It can't be regarded as an accident. Maybe I really don't know."

When he was a child, his mother asked someone to tell him a fortune. The person said that Zhou Mian had a strange destiny. He was destined to have no marriage and no heirs, and could only die alone.

His mother almost destroyed the fortune-telling stall because she said you were a weirdo.

Zhou Mian's relationship has been extremely difficult since adolescence.

Anyone who wants to get close to him in the name of love will become unfortunate, either breaking his arm or smashing his head.

Over time, Zhou Mian himself will stay away from those suitors.

This also led to the fact that in the past twenty-four years, Zhou Mian had not been in love once.

Perhaps time had diluted too many memories, so when Su Yu asked to introduce him to his girlfriend, Zhou Mian agreed.

After all, a person's life is really boring, even if there is someone who can share trivial matters and talk nonsense.

On the day he met the girl, everything was normal and no accident happened to anyone. Just when Zhou Mian thought that the "magic spell" that trapped him had disappeared, reality gave him another heavy blow.

On the way to send the girl home, a huge impact hit from behind. Zhou Mian only heard a loud "bang" sound, and the car spun forward uncontrollably for a short distance.

Fortunately, neither of them was injured, but they were just a little frightened. Zhou Mian blamed himself so much that he blamed everything on himself.

He is destined to be an unknown person, so why bother others?

Later, he asked Su Yu to send a lot of nutritional supplements, but he did not dare to meet the girl again and could only express his apology on the phone.

The other party was a very reasonable girl. She kept saying it didn't matter, so that Zhou Mian didn't have to blame himself.

Even so, Zhou Mian still couldn't pass the test in his heart.

"Oh, don't say such depressing words."

Su Yu's words interrupted his thoughts.

"Okay, you can eat. I won't come. I have to go home and feed the rabbits."

Zhou Mian looked at the fur dumpling lying on his lap and couldn't help but reach out and scratch its neck.

Tong Ling was very obedient, crawling around on his legs, with one of his ears turned up.

Zhou Mian pulled its ears off and rubbed its little head. Su Yu on the phone was still nagging to comfort him. Zhou Mian interrupted: "You can come to my house for dinner when you are free some other time. We are getting off the car." , hang up first."

The taxi stopped near the community, Zhou Mian wrapped Tong Ling in his arms and opened the door.

The snow fell a little heavier again, and Zhou Mian's nose and hands turned red from the cold.

Tong Ling's little head popped out of Zhou Mian's coat and saw that Zhou Mian did not go into the community, but turned around and went to the vegetable market.

He was not in the habit of holding an umbrella, and fine snowflakes fell on his shoulders and black hair.

Tong Ling raised his bunny face and could only see the man's smooth mandibular angle and the bulging Adam's apple filled with male hormones.

"Dr. Zhou, what can I buy?"

Hearing the voice, Tong Ling turned his head and saw a white-haired old man greeting Zhou Mian.

"Carrot, thank you."

Tong Ling flipped up his right ear that could hear the sound, trying to hear it more clearly.

"Raising rabbits?"

The old man seemed to be very familiar with Zhou Mian, and he chatted with Zhou Mian while loading carrots.

Zhou Mian lowered his head and glanced at Tong Ling, then smiled and said, "Yes."

"You're so handsome. You raised him well."

As he spoke, Zhou Mian picked out some more mushrooms for the old man to weigh.

"It looks good on its own."

Zhou Mian's compliment made Tong Ling feel shy, and it hurriedly got into the man's arms and hid its face.

When paying, the old man insisted on giving Zhou Mian two more potatoes and a handful of green onions. Just as Zhou Mian was about to refuse, the old man said: "Our Dahuang family survived thanks to you. You didn't confiscate my money at that time. Courtesy reciprocates, reciprocity." ."

The old man's son never came home all year round, and his wife left early. He only had the big yellow dog to keep him company.

When the big yellow dog got sick, the old man carried it and walked several miles to find Zhou Mian's clinic. He didn't know Zhou Mian very well at that time and had only met Zhou Mian a few times at the vegetable stall. He had an impression of this person, but the two of them didn't know each other very well. No one talked to me.

When he heard that rhubarb treatment cost nearly a thousand yuan, he became silent.

Just when everyone thought he might give up the treatment, he took out a handkerchief from his pocket, containing some scattered coins, and he stood at the front desk and counted them one by one.

It happened that Zhou Mian came out of the operating room and saw him and recognized the old man. He treated the rhubarb and sent him back in good health without any charge, and also gave him some teething biscuits.

The old man was grateful to him. Every time he went to buy vegetables, he would give Zhou Mian some green onions or other side dishes. He said that this would make him feel more at ease.

Zhou Mian occasionally heard the old man complain that raising a son was not as good as raising a dog. Only then did he realize that the relationship between the old man and his son was not so harmonious, and he also knew the importance of rhubarb to the old man.

"Every time you do this, I'm embarrassed to come." Zhou Mian said helplessly.

"Ouch, don't say that. These side dishes are worthless. Don't you always bring us rhubarb biscuits and deworming medicine? It's me who should thank you." When

Zhou Mian saw this, he couldn't keep refusing. Thinking about bringing some more gadgets for Dahuang next time.

Saying goodbye to the old man, he went to buy some ribs and apples. He and the rabbit had dinner tonight.

The range hood was humming, and Zhou Mian was standing in the kitchen, skillfully stir-frying vegetables, while pork ribs soup was simmering in a small pot.

After the vegetables came out of the pot, Zhou Mian took some more hot soup with a spoon and tasted it. It was just right. In fact, he was good at cooking and sometimes made his own dishes, but no one shared it with him.

When he turned around with the dishes in hand, he saw the rabbit squatting at the door of the kitchen, turning one ear and looking at him.

"Have you finished eating Tongtong's carrots?"

Tongling: Yes, you have finished eating.

Zhou Mian put the dishes on the table, squatted down and picked up Tong Ling, and said to himself: "Why do you keep turning your ears today? Are you uncomfortable?"

He carefully checked the little rabbit, "There are no ears." Mites..."

Tong Ling: Because I can't hear with that ear, I can hear it more clearly if I turn my ear over here.

Of course Zhou Mian couldn't hear its answer, so he just helped it pull off its ears, put it back into the makeshift nest, and gave it a toy grass ball to relieve its boredom.

Tong Ling played alone for a while and felt a little bored. It was not an ordinary rabbit, it was a little monster.

Throwing the straw ball aside, Tong Ling sat up straight and looked at the man.

His back was straight and straight, looking cold and lonely under the bright incandescent light.

He is obviously a beautiful and good man, why doesn't anyone accompany him?

Tong Ling climbed out of the nest and walked to Zhou Mian's feet. The man was eating his meal slowly and did not feel its arrival.

Tong Ling straightened up and turned his head to look at him. The man had no expression, but he probably wasn't very happy either.

It stretched out its little paws and scratched Zhou Mian's trouser legs, once or twice.

The man finally looked down at it, "What's wrong?"

He smiled, as soon as he saw it.

Thinking of how he always praised himself for being cute in front of others, Tong Ling thought that this person must like it very much, right?

Tong Ling held the man's ankle with his front paws and made a gesture of wanting to climb up.

The man understood and picked it up and put it on his lap.

"The little rabbit can't eat these vegetables."

Tong Ling curled up on his lap and thought to himself: I don't want to eat it, I just want to accompany you.