Chapter 52

On September 18th, Zhou Mian went to work as usual.

Today was his birthday and he had no intention of celebrating.

When he went out in the morning, Hongyu cooked two red eggs for him. How did he get the red color?

Oh, those two arms were boiled with blood.

Zhou Mian was really grateful for his kindness, but he really couldn't eat the eggs that smelled like blood.

He said he accepted it kindly, and handed the egg back to Hong Yu, who swallowed it in one gulp.

Counting this way, he ate a total of eight bloody eggs in the morning.

Su's mother called at noon and wished him a happy birthday. She remembers Zhou Mian's birthday every year, which moved Zhou Mian, who has lacked maternal love in every life.

Mother Su asked: "I heard that you have a boyfriend?"

Zhou Mian: "Well, I haven't had a chance to show it to you yet."

Mother Su: "Xiao Yu said that he is a very innocent child, but he is a little bit young. , how are you getting along?"

Zhou Mian smiled: "Very good, I like him very much."

"Does his family know? Xiao Mian, auntie knows better than to ask you so many questions, and auntie is not an old-fashioned person. It's not a big deal in my eyes, but not every elder can accept this kind of feeling. He is young, is he firm enough for you?" Mother Su was worried.

She watched Zhou Mian grow up. After his parents died, she took him home and took care of him for a while.

In her eyes, Zhou Mian is a very sensible child who has no demands on anyone.

But she understands that the more such a person is, the more sensitive and delicate his mind is.

When she heard that Zhou Mian was in love, she was very happy for him, and when she heard that the other person was a boy, she became a little worried.

In today's society, this kind of emotion is still viewed with colored glasses.

Zhou Mian is a very responsible man. If he starts a relationship, it will prove that he really likes this person, and he will not hesitate to go against the grain.

She was so afraid that in the end, Zhou Mian would get a bloody head from the collision, but in exchange, the other party would not be brave enough.

"Auntie, he is as firm as me. I believe him." After a pause, Zhou Mian said again: "He has already told his family and there is nothing he disagrees with. Don't worry."

Mother Su breathed a sigh of relief. , and then said: "Finally, someone will celebrate our birthday with our Xiao Mian this year."

Zhou Mian choked and laughed dryly: "Yeah."

In fact, his little monster is still at his parents' house and has not come back. He also really wants the little monster to accompany him. He gets through today.

People are really strange. It seems that when someone loves them, they become extra pretentious.

It is clear that since he was sensible, he has not loved celebrating various holidays, including birthdays.

What could a day like this represent? It's not just three meals a day, is there anything special?

Only now did he realize that days like this meant that someone took him seriously.

After chatting with Su's mother for a few more words, Zhou Mian hung up the phone.

He pinched his tired eyebrows, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He has been unable to contact Tong Ling for a day. The little rabbit demon seems to have been very busy in the past two days.

I often go out early and come back late, and fall asleep when I get home at night.

The two of them hadn't spoken properly for several days.

Whenever Zhou Mian asked him what he was busy with, he always said that he was farming.

Zhou Mian thought that if he really liked rural life so much, it was not impossible for him to live in seclusion in the mountains and forests with him.

"Dong dong." The office door was knocked twice.

"Come in."

Qiuqiu poked her head in: "Brother Mian, today is your birthday?"

Zhou Mian: "How did you know?"

"Someone brought you a big cake." Qiuqiu said.

Zhou Mian was wondering who it was when Su Yu called.

"Amian, have you received the cake?"

Zhou Mian sighed softly: "I'm not a child..."

"What do you know? This is a sense of ceremony. I'm working overtime today and can't accompany you, but your little boyfriend will definitely Are you there?"

Zhou Mian responded vaguely: "Yeah."

"Oh, that's good. By the way, there are also gifts that my mother and I bought for you in the bag. See if you like it."

" Okay."

After the call ended, Zhou Mian got up and went to the reception hall to collect the gifts.

Su Yu ordered a twelve-inch cake and put two gifts in the gift bag.

One is the watch that Su's mother bought for him, and the other is the belt that Su Yu bought for him.

Zhou Mian put the gifts away and sent text messages to Su's mother and Su Yu respectively to thank them again.

Su Yu: I wish you a passionate birthday night.

Zhou Mian: ...

where does the passion come from? The little rabbit who can give him passion is still farming in his parents' family.

Zhou Mian took apart the cake and distributed it to everyone in the clinic.

Xiaoyue asked, "Isn't the landlady back yet?"

Zhou Mian stopped cutting the cake and said, "Yes."

"Brother Mian, we will hold a party for you tonight. It will be lively." Qiuqiu suggested.

Xiaoyue: "Yes, I have already sent a message to Hu Yang and asked him to book a seat~ We will pay for it tonight~"

Zhou Mian raised his hand and rubbed his neck and said, "Thank you, no need. I have been too tired recently and wanted to go early." Go home and rest."

Qiuqiu wanted to say something, but Xiaoyue said first: "Ah, it's okay to rest, you have been too tired recently."

Zhou Mian nodded and returned to the office.

"Why was it cancelled? Hu Yang couldn't reserve a seat?" Qiuqiu asked Xiaoyue.

Xiaoyue turned her phone to Qiuqiu and said, "Understood? Let's not mess around. Brother Mian,

we have someone to accompany us today." It was rare for Hu Yang to take a day off. He wanted to cover his head and sleep for the whole day, but instead I was woken up early in the morning by the sound of knocking on the glass.

He opened the window with his messy hair and saw Tong Ling standing by the window sill with a schoolbag on his back.

Hu Yang yawned: "Didn't you go back to the demon world?"

Tong Ling: "Today is my husband's birthday, so I rushed back."

Hu Yang was shocked: "Today is Dr. Zhou's birthday?"

After saying that, he turned around Entering the house, he began to rummage through the cabinets to see if there was anything valuable he could offer as tribute.

Tong Ling took the opportunity to jump in from the window sill and said, "Can you do me a favor?"

Hu Yang turned his head and said, "What favor?"

Zhou Mian finally got to work time, and all the employees in the clinic had left.

He sat in the office for a while, then got up and started changing clothes.

Tong Ling still hasn't contacted him.

Zhou Mian decided that if there was still no news about the little rabbit demon tonight, he would go to the demon clan to catch rabbits.

If you catch him, you must give him a good punishment.

Even with this thought, Zhou Mian still felt unhappy.

He was very afraid that Tong Ling would miss his life in the demon world and never want to come back. He was even more afraid that Tong Ling would not be able to face him and was avoiding him.

This kind of bad thought always comes up again and again when Tong Ling cannot be contacted.

He kept saying he believed in little monsters, but in reality he was afraid of being abandoned and betrayed.

He had experienced this kind of thing in his previous life and couldn't help but mind it.

He carefully concealed his true nature because he was afraid that Tong Ling would be scared off when he saw his almost crazy and perverted desire for control.

If he had disguised himself like this and Tong Ling still wanted to leave him, then he really couldn't imagine what he would do.

The elevator stopped at the fifth floor. Zhou Mian was holding the leftover cake and a bag of snacks, which Tong Ling loved to eat.

He was a little angry at Tong Ling for being neglected these past two days, but when he saw his favorite apple pie on the street, he would still stop the car to buy it, even though he didn't know when he would return.

"Master!" Hong Yu waved to him.

"What are you doing at the door?" Zhou Mian asked.

"I want to give the master a surprise." Hong Yu said.

Zhou Mian: "If you still have bloody eggs, I suggest you eat them yourself."

"No way~" Hong Yu pouted.

He sometimes looks like a child who won't grow up.

Zhou Mian was about to reach out to open the door, but Hong Yu stopped him and said, "Bind your eyes~" Zhou

Mian said, "Okay, don't make trouble."

"No, you have to blindfold your eyes, there will be a surprise~" Hong Yu stamped her feet.

"If you dare to hang raw meat all over the roof, you will be dead." Zhou Mian said every word.

This is indeed something Kuyu has done before, and it is also to celebrate his birthday.

"I haven't had enough meat lately, so how can I have any extra for you?" Hong Yu muttered.

Hong Yu kept messing around, and when he saw that he was about to use his special skills to lie down and roll around again, Zhou Mian had no choice but to agree to cover his eyes.

The neighbors were all old acquaintances who had known each other for many years. He and Hong Yu had been fighting like this, and it would have a bad influence if others saw them.

Hong Yu led him into the house. Zhou Mian didn't smell the bloody smell of raw meat, which made him feel relieved.

He knew the route was to his bedroom.

"Okay, you can stop~" Kureha said.

He untied the cloth covering Zhou Mian's eyes from behind.

"Master, you can open your birthday gift first and then come out to eat~" Hongyu clasped his hands together with an envious look on his face.

Zhou Mian thought that with Hong Yu's IQ, what he would get would not be a surprise, but more likely a shock. He shook his head helplessly.

"Click." The bedroom door was opened.

Zhou Mian's eyes were fixed in the room for two seconds, and then he quickly closed the door.

He couldn't believe his eyes!

"Hey, why don't you go in? Are you so happy?" Hong Yu asked with a smile.

Zhou Mian asked uncertainly: "That's... Tongtong?"

"It's very beautiful, right? I put on the makeup for it. My makeup skills in recent years..."

"Bang." The sound of the heavy door was blocked. heard Hong Yu's voice.

Zhou Mian never imagined that in his lifetime, he would see a rabbit with red lips and black fishnet stockings!

Thick rabbit fur scrambled out of the holes in the net.

Tong Ling propped his head on one front paw, turned his body half sideways, and crossed his hind legs, assuming a pose that he thought was very seductive.

The lights in the bedroom were replaced by colorful magic balls, much like the rotating lanterns in dance halls in the 1980s.

"Happy birthday, husband." Those big red lips opened and closed.

At this moment, Zhou Mian doubted whether he was hallucinating because he missed Tong Ling too much.

"Husband?"

Zhou Mian stepped forward and touched the rabbit's head. It seemed to be real and tangible.

"Who did this for you?" Zhou Mian asked.

Who the hell is so virtuous and deceives his wife like this?

Tong Ling sat up from the bed, with a red rope tied to his upper body. He stretched out his legs and asked, "Don't you like it?"

Zhou Mian stared at it for a long time and didn't move. At this time, his wife looked more like those sold on the market. The silk-tangled rabbit.

"You said you liked this kind of dress." Tutu felt aggrieved.

Zhou Mian: Is it possible that when worn as a human, it is not too serious but normal, but when worn as a rabbit...

"Tongtong, just take it off." The rabbit began to break free from the restraints.

Zhou Mian took two steps forward, picked up the rabbit, kissed its heavily made-up little fur face, and said, "I don't like it, but I was a little uncomfortable at first."

Oh, he was also wearing purple eye shadow, and it turned out to be red. Yu's level of appreciation.

"When did you come back?" Seeing that Tutu was silent, Zhou Mian took the initiative to break the silence.

"Morning."

"Why didn't you tell me? I can pick you up."

Tong Ling looked up at him: "I wanted to surprise you, but you don't look happy at all."

Rabbit lowered his head and twitched his ears.

"It's not that I'm unhappy, it's just that... I was so surprised that I didn't react." Zhou Mian coaxed Tutu, "I've never seen you like this before, I almost didn't recognize you."

Tutu: "It's your birthday as you mentioned. , I want to wear small clothes to accompany you, Tongtong has remembered it."

Zhou Mian burst out laughing, holding Tutu's face to look at it, "Yes, I said it, Tongtong also put on makeup for this ."

Tong Ling said embarrassedly: "Hongyu said that makeup will make you look better."

Zhou Mian: "Has he also seen your rabbit suit wrapped in silk?"

Then he has to take Hongyu's eyeballs out of the magic weapon. .

"No, why are you embarrassed to show it to others? I went back to the bedroom to change the clothes after he put on my makeup..."

Zhou Mian held the little rabbit demon in his palm, rubbed its little ears with the tip of his nose, and said, "It's pretty good I'm back."

"I kept you waiting for a long time~"

Zhou Mian, who was originally happy, suddenly became dark. He touched Tutu's belly, where its demon elixir was located, and asked, "What's your spirit?" How did your strength become so weak? What happened? Who bullied you?"

Tong Ling quickly explained: "No, no, actually..."

Tutu jumped out of his palm, and rose petals were placed in the center of the bed. There was a heart shape and a gift in the middle, which was covered with red cloth.

"Husband, uncover it." Tong Ling motioned to him.

Zhou Mian was deep in thought because of Tong Ling's weak spiritual power and did not move for a while.

"Husband, quickly uncover it."

Under Tong Ling's repeated urging, Zhou Mian reached out and uncovered the red cloth.

What appeared in front of him was a golden statue of a general.

The eyebrows and eyes were very lifelike, and even the lines on the armor were clear and distinct. Zhou Mian recognized him at a glance.

Tong Ling squatted beside the statue and said sheepishly: "Tongtong doesn't have much money, so the statue is made smaller. Husband, don't dislike it. Tongtong will make you a bigger golden body in the future."

Zhou Mian's eyes gradually turned red. When he got up, he picked up the rabbit, put it on the side of his face, and said, "Thank you."

The little rabbit demon has weak spiritual power because it has injected the power of faith into the bottle statue, which means that it will only serve in eternity. This god made a life-and-death contract with him.

Just like the Qu family worships him, they will inject the blood of the Heavenly Master into the muzzle of the statue, and light eternal red candles for him. This is the power of believers' faith.

"Husband, there is also a greeting card..." Tong Ling was almost deformed by Zhou Mian's stickers, and struggled to speak.

Only then did Zhou Mian notice the small piece of paper under the statue. He picked it up and said, "I asked Hu Yang to write this for me. I still don't recognize all the characters, but I wrote the last three characters." Oh."

The greeting card was opened, and there was only a short sentence in it: I hope that in this long eternal life, you will no longer suffer from loneliness, I love you.

------------------

The author has something to say: