Chapter 38

Tong Ling doesn't know much about Zhou Mian's past.

When he met Zhou Mian, he was an enthusiastic, kind and lonely pet doctor.

Tong Ling felt sorry for him, admired him, and always wanted to love him unreservedly. He was even ready to chase him for the rest of his life.

But now someone told him that none of this was true. The Zhou Mian he knew and the real Zhou Mian were two different people.

It was a side he had never seen before.

Are you scared? Timid? Back off?

No, it won't.

Hong Yu and Hu Yang were bickering and pulling each other's hair. Tong Ling finally regained some thoughts.

He asked: "You said you are my husband's sword spirit, so you...have been with him for a long time?"

Hearing Tong Ling's question, Hong Yu tilted his head and replied: "Yes, ever since I became conscious, I just accompanied the master. At that time, he was still a general, the strongest war god in Qi State!"

"He is really a general, so... everything I saw is true?" Tong Ling murmured to himself.

Hong Yu couldn't hear clearly what Tong Ling said and wanted to get closer, but her hair was still held tightly by Hu Yang.

Hong Yu yelled: "Damn fox, let go!"

Hu Yang said: "Let go first!"

Neither of them would give in. Tong Ling, who had regained his composure, broke up the fight and said: "Let's let go together, don't fight, we are all good friends. ."

"Who is a good friend with him?" The two retorted in unison.

But because of Tong Ling's face, the two still let go of each other's hands.

Hongyu straightened her waist-length hair and said, "Master didn't mean to deceive you. He just woke up. Don't be angry with him. He really likes you."

Tong Ling shook his head: "I don't I will be angry with him. I just want to know what happened to him these years?"

"Ask me, I can tell you anything!" Hong Yu patted her chest and spoke plausibly.

Tong Ling was silent for a moment. He didn't care about Zhou Mian's past, but he still couldn't believe that the person he saw in the illusion was someone he knew well.

"Really... massacred the city?" Tong Ling's voice was dry.

"Slaughtered." Hong Yu replied honestly, "We destroyed their country and killed the surrendered soldiers."

Tong Ling's face turned pale, "Why, why..."

Hu Yang stroked his forehead: Tell me. , you can say whatever you want, Dr. Zhou will send you back to the furnace to rebuild it directly when he comes back.

"Ah, this is a long story..."

In the ten years since Qi Kingdom, Laiye Kingdom has grown day by day, frequently provoking provocations on Qi Kingdom's borders and killing many Qi Kingdom merchants.

It coincided with the fall of a declining star in Qi State, the Ziwei star symbolizing the emperor became dim, and a blood moon rose in the sky, which was a great omen.

The National Preceptor calculated that the fate of the Qi Kingdom was beginning to decline. The dimming of the Ziwei Star represented the decline of the emperor's dragon energy. The falling star was most likely the emperor's nemesis. The red moon's crown was a sign of blood, which might lead to the destruction of the country.

According to the hexagram, those who will bring disaster to Qi Kingdom in the future will be born in Laiye Kingdom.

The emperor urgently recalled Zhou Mian, who was guarding the border, and asked him to lead his troops to attack Laiye. At the same time, the emperor also passed an oral order to Zhou Mian, not allowing anyone from Laiye to live. This is an imperial edict!

Zhou Mian led the expedition. At that time, he was only twenty-four years old, but he had already fought on large and small battlefields and fought for the emperor's civil strife without any defeat. .

At a young age, he is already a general with a heavy army.

Just saying his name on the battlefield can intimidate the enemy by three points.

At that time, he also had a nickname: Little Killer.

It only took less than half a year for Zhou Mian's cavalry to reach the Imperial City of Laiye.

That day, flames shot into the sky and the city was stained with blood. The sounds of begging for mercy and wailing lasted for two days and two nights.

"According to what you said, everyone in Laiye Kingdom is dead, and the crisis in Qiguo has been resolved. Then why was Qiguo still destroyed not long after that? Could it be that the national master made a mistake? Everyone in Laiye Kingdom has Did you die in vain?" Tong Ling asked confused.

Hong Yu held his chin and said, "It's not over."

"Huh?" "

It's not over. The master let a pregnant woman go. After all, he still couldn't bear it. Even I thought he had killed so many people. People have been numb for a long time."

"So, that child was born and destroyed Qiguo?" Hu Yang interjected and asked.

"Yes."

"That's not right. Didn't you say that Dr. Zhou had never failed in his life? Then how could that child destroy Qi Guo? Unless... Dr. Zhou was treason?" Hu Yang made a guess.

"Fuck you, that stinky fox!" Hong Yu scolded angrily, "If the master hadn't been loyal to Qi Guo, he wouldn't have died young, and Qi Guo wouldn't have perished so early!"

The fact is that Lai Ye's country will be destroyed. Finally, Qi Guo's foreign troubles were almost settled.

At this time, Zhou Mian, who had great achievements and shocked the emperor, became a serious problem for the emperor.

General Zhou fought bravely to kill the enemy outside, and punished many young masters who bullied the people inside.

Therefore, he has a very high prestige in the hearts of the people, but because he is young and frivolous, he does not know how to make mistakes and has offended many people in the officialdom.

There were piles of memorials to impeach him by civilian officials.

At the beginning, the emperor still needed Zhou Mian to help him stabilize the country, so he turned a blind eye to those tricks. When the emperor firmly grasped the real power, he was the first person he wanted to eradicate.

Since ancient times, generals appear in troubled times, and generals are killed in prosperous times. With military power in their hands, they will always make the emperor unable to sleep peacefully.

So not long after, a letter of "evidence" of collaboration with the enemy was found from the major general's house and a well-designed palace coup, all aimed at his life.

When someone informed Zhou Mian to come to the palace to rescue him, he knew it was a trap.

If he doesn't go, he will have confirmed his ambition and put His Majesty's life at risk. If he goes, it will be reported tomorrow that he was the one who initiated the palace change.

No matter what, I didn't want him to live.

Because he has been guarding the border all year round, he has no one of his own in the court, and no one is on his side.

That night Zhou Mian entered the palace alone.

The emperor and the imperial advisor stood on the high sacrificial platform. The imperial advisor carefully reviewed Zhou Mian's evidence of crime and asked him what he had to say.

Zhou Mian said: "There is no need to accuse me of any crime."

The emperor pointed to the blazing fire pit under the sacrificial platform and said: "The imperial master said that Qiguo needs a hero to sacrifice to ensure the peace and prosperity of Qiguo. General Zhou is my The hero recognized by the people of Qi State is my general who protects the country, and is the best sacrifice to God. Now, it depends on whether General Zhou is as he said, loyal to Qi State, loyal to me, and willing to die for the country even if he does not hesitate? "

The God of War general did not die on the battlefield. He died at his most glorious age and because of the emperor's fear.

After hearing about Zhou Mian's past life, Tong Ling wiped his tears.

At that time, Zhou Mian was lonely. No one said a word for him from beginning to end. They turned around and forgot about the great contributions he had made.

"It stands to reason that Dr. Zhou committed such a serious crime and died in vain. He is most likely to become a demon. Why does he have a godhead?" Hu Yang was confused.

"I heard that the emperor said that it was my husband who destroyed his country, but wasn't my husband already dead at that time? What does it have to do with my husband?" Tong Ling was equally confused.

"It does have a little relationship with the master~" Kureha gestured with her fingers.

"Really just a little bit?" Hu Yang asked.

"Okay, there is a direct relationship."

Zhou Mian had 80,000 or not 100,000 lives in his hands. When he was alive, he was a human demon. After his death, he became extremely resentful and became the most ferocious black demon. The underworld suppressed him for ten years. Of the nine prisons, even if one level is missing, I'm afraid it won't be able to suppress it.

The magic chain bound him, and at the same time, he was also being punished for the murders he committed during his lifetime.

He died at the stake, so he hated fire the most. The fire of Hades burned him day and night, making him reflect on his sins.

However, this evil devil in the eyes of heaven is actually the protector in the hearts of the people!

They spontaneously made a golden statue of Zhou Mian and made him a statue in every household, so that he could enjoy the incense of the world and the most simple prayers of the people.

A "General Temple" was even built for him.

He forcefully confessed his godhood to him.

Because of the kindness of the people, Zhou Mian's resentment subsided.

Since he has a godhead, the magic binding chain will naturally not work on him, and he came out of the Nineteenth Prison.

He began to listen to the voices of the people, and while enjoying the incense, he would also fulfill their wishes.

At that time, people's wishes were very simple. Sometimes they hoped that their son who was having a fever would get better soon, sometimes they hoped that his wife who was giving birth would be safe, and most often they hoped that this year's harvest would be better...

all very positive wishes.

Originally, if he continued like this, he could slowly become a Zhengwu God.

But the emperor found out about this, and jealousy twisted his heart.

The only thing his people cared about was the general. As the emperor of a country, he was loved by no one.

Therefore, he ordered to destroy the general's temple and smash the general's statue. He even threatened to kill anyone who worshiped Zhou Mian again.

In order to scare the monkeys, he killed the soldiers who had sworn to follow Zhou Mian on unfounded charges!

Despite this, there were still people who secretly worshiped General Zhou at home.

The emperor was furious and ordered a large number of people to be arrested, including men and women, old and young. No one was spared, and blood spattered the Meridian Gate.

Zhou Mian witnessed all this with his own eyes. As a god, he cannot interfere with the life and death of mortals.

But these were the people who respected him, and they died because of him, but he could do nothing. So, what was the meaning of his being a god? ! !

In just one thought, he completely turned black. From then on, there was no new Martial God Zhou Mian. Among the six paths, there was only the Evil God Zhou Mian!

The pregnant woman he let go successfully gave birth to a boy. The boy actually did not have the destiny of being an emperor, but he was the only one from the country.

He was the man destined to overthrow the rule of Emperor Qi.

Zhou Mian has been paying attention to him.

He did not disappoint, he was naturally smart, good at both civil and military skills, and he also had a pure heart.

In his late middle age, Emperor Qi Guo was dissolute and engaged in sexual misconduct.

The people were miserable.

The child organized a group of righteous people and began to formally confront the court.

There are more and more people in the rebel army, and they are becoming more and more standardized.

In the last critical battle, they saw their main force fall into the trap and besieged in Luofu Mountain. In order to force them out, the soldiers of Qi State set fire to the mountain.

Heavy rain extinguished the raging fire, and landslides killed many Qi soldiers at the foot of the mountain.

The kid back then has grown into a coach as upright as Zhou Mian.

Zhou Mian made a deal with him. He guaranteed him to sit on the dragon throne. In exchange, he wanted the life of Emperor Qi.

Only then did the young man's imperial aura emerge.

The complete hexagram divined by the imperial master at that time was that twenty years later, a youth from Laiye Kingdom would destroy Qi Kingdom with the help of Zhou Mian.

As soon as the hexagram came out, the already suspicious emperor became even more convinced that Zhou Mian would have treasonous intentions in the future, so he ordered to use his own hands to destroy the Laiye Kingdom first. This was also a test for Zhou Mian to see if he had already cooperated with the country. Lai also has close contacts with people.

When Zhou Mian returned in triumph, the emperor still couldn't sleep at night. He felt that Zhou Mian was the main reason for the destruction of the country.

And all of this has come true.

After swallowing the emperor's soul, Zhou Mian went to the underworld.

His followers were imprisoned there.

They believe in evil gods, and as punishment, they will be deprived of the opportunity to reincarnate.

Zhou Mian fought all the way to the Nine Heavens Temple, and the result he got was that if he was not the evil god, then those undead were not guilty.

How is he not an evil god?

First of all, he must atone for his sins, atone for the sins of those who died under his hands, and use his merits to wash away his evil soul.

His soul is bound to three Buddha shackles, reincarnated, and has been a doctor for life, saving lives and healing the wounded.

Only his good soul is free, so as a human being, he is good to everyone. He has no temper, he is kind, and he lives like a puppet.

The merit he accumulated in the world and his own luck were all distributed to the people he killed.

For thousands of years, his life was short-lived. His parents died early in each life, and he would not have a spouse or leave any heirs. This was God's punishment for him.

"Is this the case in every life?" Tong Ling asked.

"It's like this in every life." Hong Yu replied.

"Then... what kind of existence am I? Am I not his spouse?"

"You, you took advantage of the loophole." Hong Yu said with a smile, "Before you transformed, you belonged to the animal realm, and the heavenly realm defended against men. The female anti-gods and demons never thought that he would fall in love with a beast!"

Tong Ling: "Why do I think you are scolding me?"

Hongyu: "I didn't mean that, I meant that luckily you didn't have it at the time. Transformation blinded the eyes of heaven."

Hu Yang: "Then as a sword spirit, you also follow the reincarnation from life to life?"

Hong Yu: "Yes, we can't fight now. When he did the operation, I was on the scalpel. , I was on the kitchen knife when he was chopping vegetables, and I was also trying to atone for my sins. After all, it was the master's silver spear that drank the blood of thousands of people before he raised me."

Hu Yang patted Tong Ling and said, "See No, drinking the blood of thousands of people in the previous life, and cutting the eggs of cats and dogs in this life are all karma. So we must do more good deeds and don't imitate him."

Hong Yu: "Fuck you, you are a dead fox, do you believe me or not? Damn your eggs!"

------------------

The author has something to say: