Chapter 14

It's New Year's Eve in Fuyun City, and it's particularly lively during the day.

As expected, there was another traffic jam on the main line, and the sound of car horns was endless. Zhou Mian looked at the time and saw that he had been on this road for nearly twenty minutes.

Many pets in the clinic need to be fed and walked at regular times, and he is now very worried that he will not be able to make it.

He took out his mobile phone and called Xiao Hu, asking if Xiao Hu could arrive at the clinic on time.

Xiao Hu smiled and said that he had arrived, and told him not to worry, he would complete the feeding work.

Zhou Mian was relieved.

The car squirmed slowly, and Zhou Mian pinched his eyebrows. He was very tired.

I dreamed about the boy again last night.

The man in the dream was eager to make out with him, wrapping his legs around his waist to prevent him from leaving. In the end, he was crying and cheering himself up, saying: "I'm not tired, I'm the best!"

Everything was fine ! So true. This reality is reflected in the body today.

Zhou Mian tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. He really didn't know whether he was feeling lustful or if he was really obsessed with that little monster.

Zhou Mian arrived at the clinic nearly forty minutes late.

Fortunately, Xiao Hu has finished feeding and cleaning, and is now preparing to go out for a walk with the dog.

"Sorry, I'm late. There was too much traffic today."

It was originally a job for two people, but Xiao Hu finished it alone, and today was not Xiao Hu's working day.

"It's okay, Doctor Zhou, I'm getting paid." Xiao Hu squinted his eyes and smiled, "Will you give me double today?"

Zhou Mian laughed and said, "Three times."

"I would have stocked up if I had known better. Two chickens." Xiao Hu muttered.

"What?" Zhou Mian didn't hear clearly.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'll go out to walk the dog first." Xiao Hu shook the leash in his hand.

"Okay."

The two of them were about to pass by each other when Xiao Hu suddenly stopped and said, "Doctor Zhou, you don't look very good today. Are you sick?"

Zhou Mian shook his head and said, "No, you didn't sleep well. ."

"Is it because of a strange dream?"

Zhou Mian was startled and looked warily at those narrow eyes.

Xiao Hu's eyes were burning, and the two looked at each other for a while. Xiao Hu took the lead in breaking the deadlock with his hand, "I casually said that I have been having nightmares a lot recently, so I thought Dr. Zhou was the same as me."

Zhou Mian pursed his lips and said, He replied: "I don't dream much."

Xiao Hu glanced at him meaningfully. The man's expression was as usual, and there was no clue about his always gentle face.

"That's good."

"Yeah."

Zhou Mian turned around and entered the foster room. It was his daily job to check on the pets' mental state every morning.

Hu Yang stared at Zhou Mian's leaving figure and put away his harmless smile.

The last time he took a bath in the hot spring, he also saw the claw marks on Zhou Mian's back.

In the eyes of mortals, the red marks were similar to human scratches, but as a monster, he saw the smoke coming out of those scars, and he knew that it was monster energy.

Monsters with relatively low cultivation levels have poor self-control and cannot control their own demonic energy, so a little bit of it will inevitably remain.

This depends on whether the recipient is healthy, otherwise it will be easily eaten away by evil spirits.

The folk legend that monsters absorb people's yang energy and damage their essence is actually not unreasonable.

That stupid rabbit shouldn't understand this, right?

What he was curious about now was how those scratches were left there? It looks more like it was left behind when you were doing that kind of thing. Could it be that the rabbit successfully transformed?

How does it do it? What shortcut did you take?

"Didi." The phone rang twice.

It's a search order sent from the demon world.

Hu Yang saw the four characters "heavy reward" and quickly opened it.

In the past, such good things could not happen to low-level demons like him. Usually those with higher cultivation would intercept such good things early in the morning.

This time it has been sent to him. Things are definitely not that simple.

Hu Yang clicked it to take a closer look, carefully read the demonic text on it, then pulled it down to look at the picture...

He enlarged the picture in disbelief, and then put the phone back in his pocket.

"It looks like we can buy a few more chickens." Hu Yang said to himself.

This year will definitely be very lively.

Zhou Mian had just come out of the foster care room when he received a call from Su Yu.

"Amian, I'm on my way home. I'll be back in Fuyun City around the fifth day of the Lunar New Year. I'll come find you then."

Su Yu spoke smoothly and naturally, without the awkward posture of yesterday.

"Okay." Zhou Mian paused, "Yesterday you said you had something important to tell me. What was it?"

"I'm not sure yet, and I don't know if it's Qu... cough..." Su Yu coughed awkwardly. After making a sound, he said vaguely: "I don't know if he is deceiving me with his scaremongering. I will tell you in detail when there is definite news."

"Yeah." Zhou Mian was very sensible and did not ask about the relationship between Su Yu and Qu Xiao. , and then warned: "Be careful, there is a bit of traffic jam today."

"Don't worry, you should take care of yourself too."

It was pretty much what he expected, there was really not much work today.

After Zhou Mian finished his trivial matters, he returned to the office and called Su Yu's mother to wish her New Year's greetings and talk to her about his current situation.

He has no relatives in this world, but the Su family has always given him the warmth of relatives.

"Xiao Mian, it's snowing in Quining City this year. Come back and have a look when you have time."

When Zhou Mian decided to settle in Fuyun City, Su's mother asked why. She was afraid that Zhou Mian couldn't take care of herself, but she It's not good to interfere too much in Zhou Mian's decision.

Zhou Mian stood under the scorching sun and said with a smile: "I heard that it snows every year in Fuyun City, but it's too hot and dry in Quining City."

In fact, what does it have to do with the weather? It's just that there are too many bad memories in that place, and it's inevitable that he will meet relatives who have fallen out with him, and he really doesn't want to cause trouble for the Su family again and again.

Now hearing Su's mother's slightly sad concern, Zhou Mian immediately replied: "I will be back."

After the call ended, the office door rang in time.

"Please come in."

Xiao Hu opened the door and came in. He was holding several bags of cooked food and fruits in his hands.

"All shops are only open for half a day today. I bought lunch first." Xiao Hu said while shaking the things in his hand, "Dr. Zhou, let's eat together later."

"Xiao Hu, where do you live from? ?"

"Lishan." Hu Yang said honestly.

"That's indeed quite far."

"Yes."

"Do you have other relatives here?"

Hu Yang scratched his head: "There is one, but he's not too close. I looked for him shamelessly at first, but they were afraid that I would rely on him. , they didn't even let you in."

Zhou Mian showed some sympathy and said, "If you don't mind, let's celebrate the New Year together in the evening."

Hu Yang widened his eyes in confusion, "Is that okay?"

Zhou Mian nodded, "Anyway, I will Alone."

"Well, is there any chicken to eat?"

"Yes."

It was New Year's Eve anyway, so Zhou Mian and Hu Yang finished their work early.

After closing the door, Zhou Mian led Hu Yang into the car.

Hu Yang was about the same age as when he first came out to work, and Zhou Mian could faintly see his own shadow in him.

At three or four o'clock in the afternoon, there were indeed no people on the street.

Unlike the long queues in the morning, there were only twos and threes of cars speeding by on the road now.

"Dr. Zhou, you are such a kind-hearted person."

"Really?"

"Yes, sometimes I think you are too kind."

"Is this a compliment?" Zhou Mian asked.

After all, too much is never enough, and too much is not necessarily a good thing.

"Forget it." Hu Yang said, "When I first came out, my parents told me that the most complicated thing is human nature. I did see a lot of it later."

Zhou Mian didn't say anything and listened quietly.

"After working with you, I found that you do a lot of things without asking for anything in return. Why?"

"Why?" Zhou Mian asked back, "If you are doing it to save those animals, then it is my job, and I don't It makes sense to see them die in front of me."

Hu Yang paused and said, "I can't tell, you don't seem to have a temper. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Dr. Zhou lose his temper."

Not only did he lose his temper, he also spoke loudly . nothing.

Zhou Mian said calmly: "I rarely get angry."

The car drove back to the community. There were a lot of people parking downstairs today.

Zhou Mian found that his parking space was occupied by someone and no contact information was left. He had to drive out of the community and searched for a long time before finding an empty parking space.

After parking the car, he took Hu Yang and walked home from the back door.

The cell phone beeped twice. Zhou Mian lowered his head and glanced. It was a message from Su Yu, saying that he had arrived home safely.

Zhou Mian replied: Happy New Year.

"What are you doing?" Hu Yang beside him suddenly said.

"Huh?" Zhou Mian looked up when he heard the sound and followed his gaze.

I saw a man in a tacky flowered jacket flash past. His posture was so strange, as if he was squatting on the ground, using his hind legs to jump far away, and then disappeared in a flash.

"Is that... a person?" Zhou Mian asked uncertainly.

"Hahaha." Hu Yang held his belly and laughed and said, "Yes, it's so stupid."

"..."

Hu Yang laughed with tears in his eyes and said, "It's like learning how to hop a rabbit."

Zhou Mian didn't answer. When passing by the children's entertainment area, I saw a child throwing a grass ball, which looked a bit like a rabbit toy.

When the child saw him, he showed an innocent smile and shouted: "Brother Husband."

Zhou Mian:?

The elevator showed that it was moving up, and Zhou Mian and Hu Yang waited downstairs for a while.

When he got home, Tong Ling was already waiting at the door obediently.

Zhou Mian got a pair of slippers for Hu Yang, then squatted down, picked up Tong Ling and stroked his hair.

"Sit wherever you want, I'll go change some clothes." Zhou Mian said politely.

"Okay."

Tong Ling was also placed on the sofa.

After the bedroom door closed, one person and one rabbit stared at each other with searching eyes.

Hu Yang took the lead and pushed forward, while Tong Ling retreated step by step until there was no way to retreat.

The rabbit bared its teeth and lowered its voice: "What are you doing? I will bite!"

Unexpectedly, Hu Yang reached out and pulled the necklace around its neck and took a photo with his mobile phone.

Tong Ling turned around and took a bite, but there was no blood, it was just a warning.

Hu Yang retracted his hand in pain, and instead of being angry, he smiled and said, "I didn't expect it was really you."

Tong Ling didn't want to pay attention to him and was about to jump off the sofa.

"The Runaway Bride of the Nine-Tailed Fox."

------------------

The author has something to say: