Chapter 5

As the New Year approaches, there are so many pets sent to the clinic for physical examination, grooming, and foster care. Zhou Mian is so busy that he is dizzy all day long.

After finally waiting for a slightly free day, he had time to buy some new year's goods.

The crowded supermarket was bustling with activity, and there was a long queue in front of the checkout counter.

Zhou Mian pushed the cart and threw things into it while replying to Su Yu's message.

Su Yu invited him to his home for the New Year, but Zhou Mian declined, saying: He might not be able to leave during the Spring Festival, and he would definitely visit his uncle and aunt when he had time.

Su Yu: My mother is just worried about you.

Zhou Mian: I know. Thank you very much, Auntie, for caring about me for so long.

Su Yu's mother and Zhou Mian's mother were best friends. In the past, the two families often moved around and had a very close relationship.

When Zhou Mian was eighteen years old, his parents passed away unexpectedly. While he was still immersed in grief, other relatives in the family coveted the compensation and real estate left by his parents.

Fortunately, Zhou Mian was already an adult at that time and did not need to choose someone as a guardian.

But even so, he was only eighteen years old at that time, and his parents' bones were still cold, and he was arguing with his uncle and aunt over property matters.

He was really tired and felt that no one cared about him.

Fortunately, Su Yu's father was a lawyer and gave him a lot of help at critical moments. Su Yu's mother also took him into her home and gave him encouragement and care during his most difficult time.

He didn't understand why someone who was related by blood became his enemy.

With the help of Su Yu's father, his parents' compensation was transferred to his account, and the house was transferred to his name.

But those relatives went around slandering the Su family, and even came to the door to make trouble, saying that the Su family was not well-intentioned and that taking Zhou Mian in was just a matter of cheating him out of money.

Zhou Mian gave up completely after looking at those ugly faces. He could no longer argue with them and chose to call the police to deal with the matter. At this point, he and those people were really at odds with each other.

He was very sorry for causing trouble to the Su family. Moreover, he had been living in someone else's house. Occasionally, when the Su family had visitors, they would ask about Zhou Mian's parents and then show sympathy in his eyes.

The whispers behind his back and the excessive enthusiasm made Zhou Mian restless.

So not long after, Zhou Mian insisted on moving out of Su's house and started living alone, despite Su's mother's repeated pleas to stay.

This life lasted for six years.

During this period, he never lost contact with the Su family. After Su Yu was transferred to Fuyun City for work, he often came to his house to play games and have a meal. During the holidays, he would go back to his hometown to visit Su's mother and Su's father. He had no time to take a vacation. Sometimes, I would also ask Su Yu to send some small gifts back.

This continues until now.

Su Yu: Then I will come to your house to cook hot pot tomorrow and celebrate the New Year with you in advance.

Zhou Mian: OK.

The items in the shopping cart have piled up into a small mountain. Even though Zhou Mian is alone at home every New Year, he still fills the house to the brim, and the atmosphere is not lacking at all.

The long queue slowly moved forward, and when it was Zhou Mian's turn, it was already forty minutes later.

After paying the bill, he came out of the bustling and warm supermarket. The cold air that hit his face instantly spread to his limbs. Zhou Mian quickly put his things into the trunk and drove out of the underground parking lot.

It was already dark outside, with snowflakes falling all over the sky. Perhaps the New Year was approaching, but the streets in the busy city were still noisy and bright.

What else haven't you bought?

While waiting at the red light, Zhou Mian's fingers tapped on the steering wheel unconsciously. He always felt as if he had forgotten something.

what is it then?

When he got home and saw the little rabbit coming towards him, he finally remembered what it was.

Timothy grass!

Two days ago, Tong Ling put timothy grass in the toilet. Zhou Mian mistakenly thought that it didn't like northern timothy, so he planned to change it to nanti.

Unexpectedly, the next day, the rabbit pulled off the straw bag and threw it at his feet, hinting to him: Look, my straw bag is empty! I want to eat grass!

Zhou Mian filled the grass bag for it, and the rabbit rubbed his ankle with satisfaction.

Usually it behaves like this because it is happy.

However, Tong Ling's timothy grass had been eaten in the past two days, and Zhou Mian always forgot to bring it back because he was busy.

The rabbit hasn't had timothy grass in several days.

Every time he came home from get off work, that white ball would greet him at the door, which made Zhou Mian feel embarrassed.

Zhou Mian knew that it was waiting for its rations.

"Tongtong."

After Zhou Mian changed his shoes, he didn't even have time to carry the new year's goods into the house, so he squatted at the entrance and stretched out his hand towards Tongling.

The rabbit waggled its ears and jumped over happily, and raised its little paw to press Zhou Mian's hand.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to buy you timothy grass today..."

Before he finished speaking, the rabbit that was about to stand on his palm jumped out again. It tilted its head, opened its mouth slightly, and stared at Zhou Mian in disbelief. , and then stretched out his claws to dig into the pocket he had just placed on the ground.

"Really not... I'll definitely buy it for you tomorrow, okay?" Zhou Mian picked it up apologetically.

The rabbit was angry. In the past, he would play closely with Zhou Mian after dinner, but tonight he shrank into a white ball and squatted motionless on his swing.

Zhou Mian went to tease it, but it just turned around and faced him with its butt.

Looking at the round lump, Zhou Mian couldn't help laughing: "Why are you still angry?"

Tong Ling: Ignore me, leave me alone.

It wasn't really angry with Zhou Mian, it was just a little lost and helpless.

When it was in the demon world, even though it was just a low-level demon that couldn't transform, it was self-sufficient and didn't need to rely on anyone to support it.

When it comes to the human world, it is like a dodder flower. It can only survive by relying on others.

It feels useless.

His body suddenly rose into the air, and Tong Ling subconsciously kicked his back legs. The man behind him said warmly: "If there is no timothy grass, how about some grass cakes to grind your teeth first?"

Tong Ling looked up at him, and the man's handsome features were more clear under the light. Handsome.

He seemed to have a good temper, always smiling and making people feel at ease. Tong Ling had never seen him angry.

The grass cake with the scent of grass was placed against its mouth. Tong Ling did not eat it, but turned his head and licked Zhou Mian's fingers, gently, once or twice.

Tong Ling: It's me who should say I'm sorry. You've worked hard and you still have to make money to support me. I shouldn't lose my temper.

Zhou Mian enjoyed Tong Ling's show of goodwill and joked: "It seems that grass cakes are better than me."

Tong Ling hurriedly held his fingers with his front paws: No, hello, you are the best.

To no avail, he couldn't hear it.

That night, the little rabbit demon reflected on himself.

It can't rely on others for everything. It's not a good monster. Humans have given it enough, and it can't be greedy anymore.

But what else can it do?

Tong Ling's little claws rubbed his ears, and an idea flashed in his mind. By the way, he can go out to buy groceries by himself.

Yesterday, it was watching TV with humans. One of the dogs went to the vegetable stall with a basket in its mouth, touched the vegetables to buy with its nose, and the boss would load it for it. Since dogs can do it, why can't rabbits?

Hmm...but the dog brought money, but Tutu didn't have any money...

it's so distressing.

Tong Ling held his head and shook it, and the carrot necklace around his neck swayed twice.

necklace!

Why didn't it think of it?

It can pawn the necklace first, and then redeem it when it has money!

Having made up his mind, Tong Ling woke up early the next morning. He sat in the cotton nest and cleaned himself. Only if the bunny's face is washed clean will humans like it and the food given to him will be fresh.

"Click." The familiar sound of opening the door sounded.

Tong Ling knew that the man who raised it was also getting up.

The sound of "pat-ta-ta-ta" footsteps led to the bathroom. Tong Ling climbed out of the fence and dragged down the clothes hanging on the fence.

After the small clothes were dried, the human took them in for him and told him that he no longer needed to go to the balcony to look at them every day.

Originally, humans wanted to put the clothes in the cabinet, but Tong Ling was worried, so he would bite them wherever he put them. Later, humans finally understood what he meant and put the clothes on the fence, where he could see them all the time.

It's going out today and it wants humans to help it put on its clothes.

It took a long time for the human to come out of the bathroom.

Then he went to the kitchen, cut up the carrots and took them out.

"Huh? Why did you lose your clothes?" The man leaned over to pick it up.

Tong Ling jumped on his clothes and lay down on his back, with his feet in the air. The meaning couldn't be more obvious.

"Want to wear it?"

Seeing it rolling back and forth on the clothes, Zhou Mian instantly understood what it meant.

The rabbit turned over and rubbed the back of his hand, as if agreeing with his words.

"Okay."

The red flower jacket returned to the rabbit. It jumped up and down happily. When Zhou Mian went out, it followed behind him.

Until Zhou Mian put it back on the fence.

Tong Ling: .........

The human closed the door ruthlessly, and the rabbit's eyes showed deep helplessness.

How to get out? Climb the window?

Thinking this, Tong Ling jumped onto the window sill.

"Squeak~" Little Rabbit braked suddenly.

Oh, it's so high, and its flying spell always works sometimes. If it jumps down, it might turn into a rabbit cake!

Forget it, forget it, make plans again.

The rabbit jumped down from the window sill and lay on the sofa to think of a solution.

In fact, it has learned all kinds of invisibility techniques and wall penetration techniques, but those spells need to be mastered.

What is the essence of pinching? The reason is that you must have hands!

Tutu looked down at his little paws, tried to merge them, crossed his middle fingers and put them down...Sorry, I can't cross them without my middle fingers.

Alas~ Tong Ling lowered his head in frustration.

Little monsters that cannot transform are just small animals that live for a long time, and they have great limitations in terms of spell cultivation.

So angry.

Tong Ling jumped up and down at home, and tried to open the door and lock it. He was panting from all the efforts, but it was of no use at all.

Rabbit was tired and Rabbit wanted to sleep. Tong Ling lay on Zhou Mian's slippers and narrowed his eyes.

When I squint, I forget the time.

"Didi." The sound outside the door woke up Tutu.

Its ears twitched and it immediately woke up.

Every time the door is about to open, there is this "beep" sound.

Tong Ling turned his ears and paid attention to the movement outside.

"Have you changed your password? I can't open it." It was an unfamiliar male voice.

"I brought a shabu-shabu all-in-one pot, and I'm going to barbecue and cook hot pot tonight."

"I'll win again."

There was another "didi" sound, and "click!" The door opened!

"Well, it's opened. You can buy some vegetarian dishes and beer when you come back. I've bought everything else."

The man held up his mobile phone in his right hand, a bag of fruit hanging on his wrist, and a large box in his left hand. There were also piles of things at the door. There is a big bag of ingredients, but I can't bring it in because my hands are not empty.

This also resulted in him not closing the door in time.

Tong Ling, who was squatting at the door, only hesitated for a second and rushed out with a "whoosh"!

Tong Ling: Buying vegetarian dishes and wine? Okay, okay, wrap it up on Tongtong!