Chapter 16

On New Year's Day, Zhou Mian woke up to the sound of firecrackers.

The fluffy ball around his neck clung to him.

When Zhou Mian sat up, Xiao Mao Tuanzi also woke up.

It jumped up and followed Zhou Mian out of the bedroom.

After Zhou Mian finished washing, he was ready to make breakfast.

He opened the refrigerator and found that the display inside was wrong.

He has a little obsessive-compulsive disorder and likes to tidy up every corner, including the refrigerator.

The messy fresh-keeping refrigerator room was obviously tampered with, but there was no shortage of food.

"Good morning, Doctor Zhou." The guest bedroom door opened, and Hu Yang came out with a yawn.

"Morning." Zhou Mian took a few eggs and closed the refrigerator door. "Do you drink milk?"

"I'm not picky about food."

Zhou Mian fried the poached eggs, boiled the milk, and spread jam on the bread slices. .

"Does Dr. Zhou want to go to the clinic today?"

Hu Yang took a sip of milk. It was indeed better than the expired milk he bought before.

"Yes. Everyone takes turns during the Chinese New Year. Qiuqiu is on duty today and I have to go."

Hu Yang: "I looked at the schedule. Doctor Zhou, you don't even have a holiday."

Zhou Mian: "I have nothing important to do during the Chinese New Year. I'll let you rest in the meantime."

Hu Yang nodded and said, "I'll go with you later, I don't have anything important to do."

"Okay."

At almost eight o'clock, the two of them were ready to go out.

Today's rabbit followed Zhou Mian step by step. Looking at its pitiful appearance, Zhou Mian couldn't help but lean over and pick it up. "Tongtong is at home. I will buy you some snacks when I get home today."

The rabbit was not like before. , licked his hand flatteringly, but looked at him steadily, as if she wanted to keep his face in her mind forever.

"Can I buy apple slices?" Zhou Mian discussed with it with a smile.

Tong Ling climbed up his arm, climbed on his shoulder and put his mouth to the corner of Zhou Mian's lips. A wet and tickling feeling spread from the side of his face.

This was the rabbit's way of expressing his affection. For some reason, Zhou Mian's heart sank and he felt uneasy.

"Tongtong and Dr. Zhou have such a good relationship." Hu Yang interrupted Zhou Mian's thoughts.

"Yes, it is very obedient." Zhou Mian put Tong Ling down gently, looked at the wet eyes, reached out and touched its little head, and said, "I will go home early today too."

On the first day of the new year, the pet clinic was still deserted. Qiuqiu went out to walk the dog. Zhou Mian took a sip of the coffee sent by Hu Yang and was taking a nap on the chair.

It was like a dream but not a dream. He felt someone approaching him quietly and whispering something in his ear.

At that moment, the scene of saving Tong Ling for the first time appeared in his mind. The memory flashed by bit by bit like a revolving lantern. After that, there was that young boy, shy, cute, and emotional, all very vivid. .