Chapter 13

Time flies by in the busyness, and by the time Zhou Mian is free, it is time to get off work again.

He twisted his sore neck, took off his robe, and went to the sink to wash his hands carefully.

"Brother Mian, let's go first." Qiuqiu and Xiaoyue came to say goodbye to him.

"Okay, pay attention to safety." Zhou Mian smiled gently.

"Is it really okay if it's just you and Xiao Hu tomorrow?" Qiuqiu asked worriedly.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. In previous years, at this time, we would actually not be too busy, because many pets' physical examinations and beauty treatments have been done in advance, so he should give the people in the clinic a holiday.

Considering that there are foster pets in the clinic that need to be taken care of, he plans to be on duty himself. Anyway, for him, the bustling New Year has little to do with him.

The new Xiao Hu offered to work overtime. He said that he was an out-of-towner and couldn't get a ticket to go home, so he simply stayed to help Zhou Mian. Zhou Mian agreed. It would be easier if someone helped him.

"It's okay. There shouldn't be much going on tomorrow. Everyone is busy having New Year's Eve dinner."

Qiuqiu thought about it and felt it made sense, then she took Xiaoyue's hand and left.

Everyone in the clinic was gone. Zhou Mian remembered that Su Yu had called him at noon, telling him that he had something important to tell him and that he would come to the clinic to see him in the afternoon.

He raised his hand and looked at his watch. It was already this time and Su Yu hadn't arrived yet. He didn't know if he would come yet.

Zhou Mian found Su Yu's number and dialed it.

The phone rang for a long time, almost to the point of automatically hanging up. Finally, someone answered the call.

Zhou Mian was sorting out the information on the table and said, "I'm off work. Why don't you come directly to my house."

"Dr. Zhou, I'm sorry, he might not be able to come." Another man's call came from the other end of the phone. sound.

Depressed, with desire.

Zhou Mian frowned slightly, "Where's Su Yu?"

"He's busy."

"Please let him answer the phone."

There was silence on the receiver, followed by a chuckle, and he heard the man jokingly say: "Come on, Answer the phone."

"Don't bite the quilt, your friend asked you to answer the phone."

After a long pause, he heard Su Yu say with a strong nasal voice and a cry: "Amian, don't wait for me, I, I'm still here Work overtime."

"Are you okay? Do you need me to pick you up?" Zhou Mian was a little worried.

"No, no need, uh..." The last whisper was full of lust. Even a person like Zhou Mian who had never experienced sex already knew what they were doing now.

"I, I'll be later... um..."

The call ended, and Zhou Mian silently put the phone into his pocket.

Zhou Mian was somewhat surprised about what happened between Su Yu and his boss.

Su Yu also had a girlfriend before. Even though he had a playboy face, he was actually more infatuated than anyone else.

Every time he was dumped, he would come to Zhou Mian's house and cry, and he would mourn for a long time.

I don't know since when, but it seems that I haven't heard him talk about his love life anymore. Looking back, when the two of them talked about the topic of their significant other several times, Su Yu was a little evasive.

But no matter what, Zhou Mian will still sincerely bless his friends. In his opinion, homosexuality is not a shocking event, but they are just two people who like each other.

Although he felt that the boss was very arrogant in his treatment of others.

Therefore, compared to a good friend turning ugly, Zhou Mian is more concerned about whether Su Yu will suffer in this relationship. After all, the other party seems smart and domineering.

When I returned to the community from the clinic, it was already dark.

When Zhou Mian got out of the car, he saw that every house was brightly lit, and even the gate of the community had festive couplets posted on it. There was a strong New Year atmosphere everywhere.

In the elevator, Zhou Mian met his neighbor's daughter. She was working out of town and had just returned to Fuyun City today.

The two greeted each other politely and chatted briefly.

"Ding." The elevator stopped on the fifth floor.

The girl was struggling to carry the large and small bags of luggage. Zhou Mian stepped forward to help her hold the handle and lift the two heaviest bags to the door for her.

The doorbell rang no more than twice before the door opened.

"Sirprise~"

The light in the room was warm and the smell of food was still wafting.

"When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to surprise you~"

The joy of family reunion permeated everyone.

Zhou Mian put away his things and was about to leave. The girl stopped him and said, "Dr. Zhou, thank you. Let's eat together."

The girl's mother also echoed: "Yes, Xiao Zhou, let's eat together. I can do it." More."

Zhou Mian waved his hands and declined politely: "I won't bother you, my friend is coming over later."

The girl's mother nodded and said, "Then I will ask Xiaonan to bring you some sausages later."

Zhou Mian walked as he walked. He waved his hand and said, "No, thank you."

He quickly opened the door and closed it again. The room was cold and dark. Zhou Mian stood leaning against the door for a while, and could still hear the sound of neighbors moving things.

No one reunites with him, no one shares with him, his life is like a stagnant water without waves, and the end can be seen at a glance.

Loneliness will spread in the dark night and grow during various festive festivals, leaving him nowhere to escape.

"Bah." He raised his hand and turned on the light.

Tong Ling ran to his feet at some point and looked up at him obediently.

It didn't seem that bad, at least there was a rabbit waiting for him to come home.

Zhou Mian squatted down, and the rabbit in front of him immediately straightened up and put his front paws on his calves, asking for a hug.

"No rabbit is as clingy as you." Zhou Mian smoothed the soft rabbit fur, then picked up the rabbit and hugged it to his chest, lowered his head and kissed its long ears, and said to himself: "But it's okay. You're clingy."

Tong Ling's claws clasped Zhou Mian's woolen sweater tightly, and it always felt that the man was a little unhappy today.

The disappointed look on his face as he leaned against the door when he returned home was really heartbreaking.

It climbed up a little and nuzzled Zhou Mian's chin with its nose.

The man was afraid that it would fall, so he hugged it tighter and said with a smile, "Don't make trouble."

Tong Ling thought to himself, "That's great." Her husband smiled again.

Zhou Mian put it on the sofa and went to the bedroom to change clothes and prepare to go to the kitchen to cook.

The doorbell rang twice.

Tong Ling stood on the sofa and looked around. When the door opened, there was a pretty girl.

She was holding a bowl and two hanging sausages in her hand.

"Mom asked me to get it for you." The girl said with a smile.

"Ah, this..."

"Dr. Zhou, you're welcome. We're all neighbors. We're just ordering food, and it's not valuable."

The girl said while stuffing something into Zhou Mian's hand.

"Thank you, this is too much. I'm really sorry."

"Mom said you have friends at home, so she asked me to get more."

"Sorry to trouble you."

"No trouble, they are all neighbors. You just returned Help me carry my luggage." The girl waved her hands and smiled.

"It's easy."

"Then I'll go back first."

"Okay."

The girl took two steps and said to the person who was about to close the door: "Happy New Year, Doctor Zhou."

Zhou Mian paused and replied: "Happy New Year ."

The pickled vegetables in my hand were still warm, and the smell of meat hit my nostrils with the heat.

You can be lazy tonight and don't have to cook.

Tong Ling's eyes kept chasing Zhou Mian's back. The man had broad shoulders, a thin waist and long legs. He looked like a superior human being, but he was always lonely.

Human beings know that the New Year is about family reunions, eating together, and watching fireworks in a lively manner.

These are what it says in the script.

But its husband has nothing but him.

Tong Ling hugged his long ears and secretly hated himself for not living up to expectations. Why couldn't he cultivate a complete human form? In that case, he could chat with his husband, even if he just talked.

As the night got darker, Tong Ling took advantage of Zhou Mian's bathing time to jump on the big bed again. He could transform into a physical form through double cultivation in one go. If it was so effective, it would have to be carried out to the end.

It must have been because it didn't do it enough times last time, so it couldn't close its ears and tail. It must be done enough tonight.

My waist and butt have had a day of rest, and they need to be put to use!

Tongtong is a hard-working little monster who is not afraid of all difficulties!

With this thought in mind, Tong Ling looked at Zhou Mian with a look of death as he came in.

bring it on! Husband! Let the dual cultivation come more intensely!

Demon world.

The two tribes of fox and rabbit issued search orders to all similar people practicing in the world.

Tong Ling's original image, cultivation and tokens were all listed in detail, and he was promised a lot of money.

Lu Yan stood in front of Tong Ling's life stone with a gloomy look on his face.

The stone door behind him was opened, and a white-haired woman came in. She had a delicate face and looked to be in her early twenties.

"Still no news?" the woman asked solemnly.

"Yeah."

"Why can't you find it even with your cultivation?"

Lu Yan touched Tong Ling's life stone and said, "I don't know either. There is no fear of life, but I can't trace its smell... "

Most animals rely on scent to find each other and identify each other, even if they become sperm.

A little monster like Tong Ling, which has no human form yet, has a very demonic smell. Logically speaking, it is very easy to find its whereabouts.

"Why is this so?"

Lu Yan lowered his head and thought for a moment, then said, "Maybe it has completed dual cultivation."

"With humans?"

"No." The corners of Lu Yan's mouth dropped, looking worried, "Humans cannot cover monsters. The smell of monsters, and besides, Tongtong without a human body cannot cultivate with humans."

"That is..."

"It can cover the smell of monsters completely, and the other party is either a foreign monster with higher spiritual power than it, or ..." Lu Yan paused, but still did not rule out the possibility, "It is a being that is superior to demons."