Fifteen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER:
Bet On It by Zac Efron______________________________________________________

Melanie was frozen looking at me with her eyes wide opened. Of course she didnt expect that. Why did I want to take her to Vegas with me for the fashion show I would miss seeing her everyday and we could have some quality time together? Maybe I could finally have my chance to--NO! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

"Excuse me?"Melanie asked me and I chucked, so innocent and I loved it.

"Sit"I said and she came to sit on te chair opposite of me.

"There's a fashion show in Vegas for the brand Verve and we're invited."I told her.

"And?"She asked me nicely so I continued.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning!"I told her and there was. mix of happiness and sadness as well on her face. What would stop her from going with me?

"Sir I would love to but I never left my mom alone. "She explained slowly, this was what I liked about her. She cared too much about other people than herself.

"It's just for one week Melanie and we re back here. I can talk to your mom if you want"I said and she smiled a little not knowing what to say. Why was I insisting so much that she came with me? I could go with Louis, or maybe Niall yes, so that he wont have to spend any time with Melanie. Now thats weird stop this jealousy.

Im not jealous.

Sureee.

"Hmm I dont know, I ve never been anywhere without her, she's been there for me my entire life"She said and I smiled taking her hand in mine squeezing it nicely I could see her cheeks becoming slightly red, innocent but I still had an effect on her.

"You're not a little girl, this is a work trip, you can always call your mom whenever you want to, I wont stop you. You dont have to worry about anything"I said and she smiled a little and raised her eyebrow seeing where my other hand was going, I was grabbing my personal landline phone to call Melanie's house number.

"What are you--?"She asked but now her mom answered as I had the phone to my ear, I clicked on a button to put it on speaker and placed both my hands on Melanie's soft ones as I spoke.

"Hello Mrs d'Souza how are you? This is Mr Styles, your daughter's boss"I said nicely, I heard Melanie gasp in a low voice. Didn't expect that darling?

"Oh hello Mr Styles, is my daughter ok?"Her mom asked and I chuckled.

"She's more than fine mam, I wanted to ask you something"I started and I heard her hummed questioning.

"What is it?"Melanie's mom asked me.

"I have to leave to Las Vegas tomorrow morning for a fashion show and some business work to and I need my assistant to come with me but she didnt feel like leaving her mother"I said smiling at Melanie making her blushing, she was trying not to but she couldnt.

"Oh thats great, I know she would say no but tell her its totally fine if she goes with you, Melanie been pampered all her life, I want her to be independent, I will not be here forever, dont take her words for it sir, you can take her to Vegas with you I have no objection"She said and that made Melanie gasp in shoc hearing her mother's words I laughed seeing her face, she was really adorable.

"MOM!"Melanie shouted that sounded like a squeal.

"Oh she's here? Melanie its fine if you go, you need to start living for yourself. I will be fine here and I know you're in hands with Mr Styles."She said and I smiled, Melanie was biting her lip nervously. Oh no don't do that girl!

"You sure?"Melanie asked nervously and her mom laughed.

"Of course. "Mom said.

"Thank you Mrs D'Souza, dont worry about Melanie, she's in very good hands with me"I said.

My hands were good? Really? I have to control them from laying them on Melanie. Easy to say.

"Thank you Mr Styles I gotta go. Bye "She said and cut the call. Melanie looked frozen at me like she seen a ghost.

"So Vegas it is then"I broke the silence and she snapped out of it and I nodded nervously.

"Ok sir"She said shyly and I smiled.

"Melanie go home now, rest, pack your things we re leaving tomorrow early morning understand?"I asked and she nodded and she got up to leave my office.

"Just one week Melanie"I said and she smiled at me.

One week just Melanie and I in Las Vegas.

This should be good.

EVENING 7:30pm

Melanie's Pov

"YOU COMING WHERE NOW?"Tara screamed as we were talking on Skype. Yes I told her everything like always.

"Yeah I'd very excited to go to Vegas with my boyfriend but no, Im going with my boss"I said sighing. He was invited for a fashion show, not me, why should I go? If it wasnt enough, mom agreed! How will I manage in another country without mommy?

"Who cares with who you re going? Vegas baby, anything happens in Vegas"Tara squealed .I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah also what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"I said and she laughed a lot.

"A ha see you like going with him"She giggled and I frowned controlling myself from blushing.

"Noooo, Im not gonna end up married with my boss after one night, you know I dont party that much"I said pouting and she bursted laughing seeing my face.

"Well you started once, temptation always a bitch girl! Careful but you will love the city, just be the sweet Melanie you are and remember dont let him get what he wants"Tara advised me and I nodded.

"You're right, its a work trip not a vacation trip. I just have to be me doing what he tells me to do, professionally"I said and she showed me the thumbs up.

"You go girl. I ll leave you pack your things now and sleep you ll need it"Tara said and ended the call. I put my phone down and put my suitcase on the bed opened and put some nice clothes for the trip. I put three full sleeves and a hoodie just in case it might get chilly there.

"Hey aww my baby is packing her stuffs"Mom came in as I was putting clothes in my suitcase, I smiled as she hugged me.

"One week mom, and Im back"I said in her and she caressed my hair.

"You've grown so much, you re gonna be alright, you have to learn to face the world yourself and I know you can."Mom said and I smiled hugging her tighter.

"I'll call you everyday"I told her and she nodded as she pulled back to help me pack whatever I needed for the trip.

"Ok but focused in what you have to do. You have a nice boss, dont do anythin to upset him"Mom said and I nodded.

Yeah I wish he stayed nice like that always.

"Sleep Melanie you need to rest. I feel like this trip will change your life forever"Mom said after we finished packing my suitcase and one big handluggage in addition to my purse.

"Goodnight mom I love you"I told her as I got in my blanket and when she left my room and I closed my eyes trying to sleep, until my phone rang. It was a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown number
Goodnight love, tomorrow we'll be flying to Vegas baby. A van will wait at your place at 5 am. Cant wait
xx xx HS

I couldnt help but smile like an idiot at the text Harry sent me. Why did he have to be my boss?