Twenty-Three

SONG OF THE CHAPTER:
Summer's Not Hot by Selena Gomez____________________________________________________

THE NEXT DAY

Melanie's Pov

What the hell happened? That was the very first time I saw the one and only Harry Styles so vulnerable, crying his heart out. The most shocking was him throwing himself into my arms crying hysterically and he pulled me with him in his bed so this night also I slept in his arms. Well actually he was the one in my arms, his head buried between my chest, my tank top a little soaked as he was crying the whole night before sleeping.

I wondered what made him like that. Was it some dark past haunting him? A bad event coming to his head over and over again maybe. I didn't know and why should I care? None of this was my business. I just thought he needed someone to comfort him in his vulnerable state.

Keep telling yourself that girl, you want him don't deny it.

No I don't.

Sureeee.

After great difficulty I got out of sleepy arms of Harry and slowly started to walk off his room to go back to mine. Just before I could open the door I heard the deep sleepy morning voice calling. Fail escape today.

"Melanie?"I heard Harry's sleepy voice calling so I turned to see his eyes just opening and a smile forming with his lips.

"Morning"I said softly returning a smile to him.

"Im sorry for screaming so loud last night."He said and I went back to sit at the edge of the bed the opposite side of him but not really far from him.

"It's ok, bad dream?"I asked him and he nodded.

"Bad dream, bad memory. I wish I could erase it once and for all but it keeps coming back"He said and I looked down not knowing what to tell him, I didnt know whether or not I was in the situation to advice about what, I didnt know a thing about him, about his bad dream. He said bad memory, so something horrible happened to him and still haunted him. What was it?

"Do you want to talk about it?"I asked him as nicely as possible, I wanted to know everything but I respected his privacy, it didnt matter if he woudnt open up to me. After all I was just his assistant, that's it. He looked up at me for a long time with a sad expression.

"Don't take it wrong Mel, just because I not telling you doesnt mean that I don't care about you, is actually because I do. Lets just say , I wasnt the luckiest man when it came to love and relationship. I like your thoughts about love, how girly you are, your fantasy and I hope you wont end up fucked up like me. I hope you find the prince you ve been waiting all your life"He said nicely and I slowly parted my lips im shock at his words, he was still against love but at least he was supporting, not like before advising me not to fall and believe in love. That was progress right?

"Whatever it is Harry, you are strong, you cant let the past haunt you forever, past is past, if its a girl thats troubling you, just think of her as a passing cloud that you ll never see again. Its her loss, believe me she missed such a sweet gentleman"I said and he finally showed me a weak smile but at least he smiled so he was better.

"Hey you re right. I shouldnt let that bitch get to me. I need to move on. We re in Vegas for fuck's sake. I have a lot to show you around. In a mood of swimming today?"Harry asked me as his face started lightening up. I knew he was feeling better because he was swearing in his sentence. Yep he was back to shape.