Thirty-Eight

SONG OF THE CHAPTER:
DNA by Little Mix____________________________________________________

Melanie's Pov

(A/N: Its going on the same day as the previous chapter)

Though not being able to control my lovestruck feelings, I was pretty good at doing my job with concentration and focus, I was typing and sending entries as usual, replying to some important emails. Mr Tomlinson also asked me to arrange so big big files in order, very important files me and he said he was quite impressed on how well I did it. Of course it didnt stop me to ask me like others about Harry and I, not whether we were dating or not, but he asked me if I lost my virginity. I knew how Harry treated his assistants before me but he made it clear that I was not like any of them, he even said I was the exact opposite of the one he once loved that he hated or loathed now more than anything and I was proud of that.

Why won't they give him a chance? Won't they see a nice sweet little Harry?

Or was it me who was too attracted to him?

No, I love him to death and he always took my breath away.

Suddently my office phone rang interrupted my thoughts so I answered quickly, cleared my throat before speaking professionally.

"Styles Inc can I help you?"I asked nicely and I heard this familiar chuckle that was more than enough to make a huge smile on my already crazy face.

"Melanie, this is the office phone, no outsiders or any other companies, loosen up a little the professional, even if you're doing great!"Harry said nicely and I could picture him smiling on the other line. Oh shoot I forgot this phone was the office intercom.

"Hmm sorry sir. What is it?"I asked shyly and he chuckled again. He should really stop doing that, I cant control myself and he wasnt making it any easier for me.

"Important staff meeting, just within us, come to the conference hall love"He said.

"Ok sir coming right up!"I said and I expected him to rudely cut the line pike he always did but to my surprise he was still on the line.

"I like your professional side at work, keep it up but we're just on the phone sweetheart, wherever we go even at work if we're just us, my name is Harry baby girl!"He said and I parted my lips a little. Now that was a change.

"Hmm ok si--Harry!"I said nervously.

"Ok get off the phone now!"He said and I smiled nicely.

"Sorry, coming!"I said and I finally cut the call and I stood up. fixed my dress and my hair before leaving my office to go to the conference hall because Harry said there was a staff meeting.

"Hello you must be Ms D'Souza right?"A man around my or Harry's age walked with me and like Harry he looked good and friendly, pretty brown eyes, he looked fit in a light blue formals, damn those abs.

"Yes that's me and you are?"I asked nicely.

"I'm Mr Payne managing director, same position of the General Manager Mr Tomlinson. Actually call me Liam...Melanie isn't it?"He asked nicely and I gladly shook his hand politely. I loved my workplace even more, everyone was all so nice, treated me good and I was now dating my boss.