Chapter24- Oooh Baby

Corey

After I finished filing some paper work for the case we just finished I was ready to go. Miles, JayJ, Henton and Ice were sitting down drinking coffee while they spoke.

" Corey, are you going to be okay?" JayJ asked walking up to me.

I rubbed my face and sighed with a quick nod. " Yeah, I'm okay."

" Do you want to come with us for lunch?" Miles asked putting down his coffee.

I shook my head and dropped my hand on my leg. " No, I'm supposed to meeting up with my girlfriend for lunch.. How about another time?"

Henton came over and dropped his hand on my shoukder. " Just feel better.. Okay?"

I nodded my head and went on out to my car and met Ashley to this new restaurant she's been dying to go to. Once I got there, Ashley was already seated at the table waiting for me.

" Hi Honey!" Ashley walked up to me with her ponytail swinging with such glee.

I smiled and pulled her into a hug then kissed her cheek. " Hey."

" How was your day, Hun?"

" It was alright, saving lives as the people who need it.. How is yours going?" I asked. Ashley had already ordered me a Pepsi which she knew I loved.

Ashley had already ordered an appetizer so I watched her eat that and dance. " Ooh, baby taste this!"

I smiled at her excitement and took a bite.. It was actually pretty good, very good.

" Oh, and my day is going fine.. I talked to my Father and stuff, he's supposed to be taking a trip out of the country for something."

" Oh okay, you thought about going with him?" I asked her.. Father-Daughter bonding time if she's up for it.

" No, I don't want to leave my baby here all by himself." Ashley sung squeezing my cheeks together then leaned over the table to kiss me.

" Baby, he's your father and I think you should go with him. I'll understand and it's not like you're running off with the milkman."

I started to laugh but Ashley didn't find it funny... At all, she didn't even crack a smile.

" Uh uh, that's not funny."

Then I thought about it, once it hit me I gasped. " Minnie I'm so sorry, I forgot your grandmother ran off with a milkman."

" Are you going to see Pac later?" She asked dismissing my whole entire comment.

I sighed and rubbed my face of relief... Didn't feel like arguing about anything right now.

" Yeah, we're going a little later once everyone gets everything together."

" Baby, he's going to fine." She said putting her hand ontop of mine. " You just gotta keep faith."

" I know, I know. Everybody has been telling me the same thing. I put more pressure on myself because I feel like I pushed him and I have a job that allows me to protect people and I couldn't even protect my bestfriend."

" Well honey, sometimes people have to go through things to make them stronger. This is showing you that, sometimes you might not always be able to save people and this is showing Pac he gotta get it together."

As her words began to sink in I just looked up at her with a smile. " Hey, do you know so much?"

" I speak from the heart."

I leaned over the table and she met me half way for a kiss. " Thank you baby."

We continued our lunch in peace.. Just laughing at each other's stupidity and flirting with each other... Nothing out of the normal, it was just us and I loved it..