Chapter27- A Date With Jackson Biltmore Lopes

Kayo

I was sitting at my house with my kids as we watched cartoons. Kammy was curled up under left arm fast asleep while Jabari laid under my right, playing with a toy. It was quiet and just us for a change..

" Daddy?" Jabari called still looking down at his toys.

" Yes, sir!"

" Is mommy okay?" Jabari asked in his high pitched tone of voice.

I scrunched up my face and threw my head back a little bit.. Not enough to catch his attention. What the hell kind of question is that?

" What's wrong with mommy?" I asked started to get a little worried.

Jabari just shrugged his shoulders and kept playing with his toy. " Mommy is always sad, Derrick makes her sad." He said. " I don't like it, he always tells her what to do and then he tells me that I shouldn't be in grown people's business."

" Well why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked starting to get pissed off. I wasn't going to let loose in front of mu kids, but I needed more information.

" Because you were worried about Uncle Pac. Besides, Derrick said that it's okay to not tell you everything which I think is STUPID."

" You know that you can tell daddy anything no matter what, you know that right?"

" Yeah, I know." He sung.

" Tell Daddy everything that's wrong with mommy and why you think Derrick is doing this to her."

" Well." Jabari sung putting down his toy. He stood up in front of us so I could see him. " Derrick tries to act calm, but I know better than to believe him. He always gets this look on his face when you're around mommy like he doesn't like it."

" Really?"

" Mhmm." He mumbled nodding his head. " You can ask Kammy." He shrugged as he started to shake Kammy.

" Kammy, don't Derrick make faces when Daddy comes around?" He asked.

Kammy was barely awake but she stirred a little in my arms. " Mhmm, he grabs her too. He left a-mark-on her..." Kammy trailed off going back to sleep.

" Her what?" I asked becoming a little more frantic.. " Kammy, her what?"

And yet, she gave no answer.. Just that quickly she had fallen asleep when I wanted more answers.

" She's probably talking about her arm.." Jabari shrugged rubbkng his left arm.

"Mommy had this mark that looked at funny like red, blue and black."

" How did it get there?"

Jabari shrugged his shoulders and scrunched up his face. " I don't know, Mommy said she was okay."

I sighed and rubbed my face. I know good and well Derrick is not putting his hands on her.

" Am I in trouble daddy?" Jabari asked scrunching up his face and I knew I had to stay calm.

" No." I said shaking my head. " You're okay, you didn't do anything wrong. Can you go get your shoes and bag?"

" Okay, where are we going?" Jabari grabbed him and Kammy's shoes then got there bags as I picked up Kammy.

" How about you go to Aunty Jessica's house?"

Jabari shook his head at me. " No, she got too much going on over there and she can't cook. I want to go to Uncle John and Aunty Tia house."

" Alright, just get in the car."

After a while of driving, we made it to John and Tia's house and boy was I steaming. When John opened the door he dapped me up and smiled.