Chapter14- Never No Love

Imani

After I had that conversation with Janet a while ago I decided to do what I felt was right. I talked to Ash and I talked to Kerri but today was about my baby Kerri. Once I got to my dad's house it was just him and Kerri.

" Hello Father." I smiled and was pulled into a warm hug.

" How are you, Princess?" He asked walking me inside the house.

" I'm wonderful, and you?"

My father sighed and scratched his head " Breathing and making money."

" Are you not happy, Father?"

" I'm fine, I just have lots of work to get to but Kerri is here to keep you company."

I sighed with a nod as we walked into the kitchen to have some coffee " I know."

" How?"

" Kerri told me that you didn't go out with Mother so I came by." I poured him and I both a cup then passed him is.

" Oh, well okay then."

" Want some apple pie or toast?" I asked awaiting his answer.

" Toast please." I nodded my head and continued to prepare us a snack. Besides, you can tell by the look in my Father's eyes that he was tired.

" Floyd!" Kerri called walking into the kitchen. " Oh, What's up Imani?" He asked walking up to me.

" Trying to eat some carbs." I chuckled as he took me into his arms and the scent of his cologne was made me weak.

" You shouldn't be eating that if you're going to model." Kerri said with a smirk.

" I can do whatever I want and as long as I make the money I'm good, isn't that correct Daddy?"

My father got up and walked toward us grabbing his toast as he kissed my forehead " That's right and if you need me I'll be in my office working."

" Okay." As soon as my dad was out of clear, Kerri grabbed me by my waist and slammed his lips onto mine.

I instantly pushed him away and tried to catch my breath as he laughed. " Well gol'lee, that's not the welcome I was looking for."

" You've been on my mind all this week and I just missed you so much."

" I would hate to ask what I was doing in your mind if you just kissed me like that." I pushed right pass him and walked over to the dining area.

" What's wrong?" Kerri asked following behind with his brows furrowed.

" Can I ask you something and you tell me the honest to god truth?"

Kerri sat up straight and rubbed his face with a sigh " What is it?"

I could tell by the way he asked me that, he was nervous but I need to know the answer to this question. " Kerri, why are you with me?"

" What do you mean by that?"

I looked at him like he was crazy as hell and probably one of the dumbest people I know. " Why are you with me?" I repeated.

" Because I love you, why would you ask me that?"

" I need to know and because you love me isn't enough. Why do you love me?"

" Imani, don't start with that again and I'm forreal."

" I'm asking you this because I love you but not in that way anymore."

" What are you trying to say?" He asked.