He Gives Up

"Michael, baby? Can we talk?" you ask, patting the space beside you.

"Sure, Y/N" he says, sitting next to you.

You sigh nervously and begin your speech.

"This is about our relationship. I know you're spending a lot of time in the studio. I can't blame you for that because I know this album is important to you. But Michael, I've lost my spark. I don't feel that you have to time to pay any kind of attention to me anymore. I stay here, cooped up in the house while I wait for you to come home. When you arrive, you're mega tired and want sleep. I just like a void to you now baby."

A few days earlier, you had mentioned it to him but he fell asleep before you could finish. He looks at you and sighs.

"Y/N, babe sometimes I feel that you want too much from me. I can't be here 24/7 even though I want to be. I'm trying. I thought we already talked about this? Can't you see I'm trying?"

You answer, only to yourself.

Not really.

You turn your head. As he slightly raises, you look at him.

"Y/N, if you can't see I'm trying, then maybe we should take a break."

Tears rush to your eyes. How could he say all of this and completely blow things out of proportion? You simply told him how you felt as he always told you to do and he found a way to make it seem as though you were wanting too much from him?

As a tear falls, you wipe it quickly.

As you go to say something, your mouth says nothing, letting you know you are having the urge to cry more than speak.

Your legs stand as you walk away from him, feeling empty inside.

~ Next Day ~

As you open your eyes to the image of your own apartment's bedroom, you stretch, coming to realization that you are not in the arms of your lover, your fiancé, your man, your love, your everything.

Rather than obsess and wonder about Michael, today, you decide that you need a full day of focusing only on you.

Once you finish getting ready for the day, you begin making an avocado mask for your face - something soothing and calming that will put you in a different state of mind.

When you finally finish and wash your hands, you carefully begin massaging the paste, making sure to get every area of skin on your face. The green paste feels wonderful along with your glass of wine.

Several minutes go by before you feel a hand on your thigh. You open your eyes quickly to another set of beautiful familiar eyes along with a beautiful vase of roses and candy.

"I didn't mean to scare you, but baby we need to talk. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was going through a lot with Frank pressuring me about this album and when you came to talk to me, I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I should've never told you that we need space. I don't want space from you. You're my everything and I need you back home with me. Even though you're in this mask, I will not stop the urge to kiss those beautiful lips and hope that you will forgive me."

He leans up to you, kissing you passionately.

Few tears come from your eyes, as you hug him tightly.

"Michael, those words that you said hurt me deeply and -- "

"I know they hurt you, baby but I wasn't thinking straight. Whenever you have a problem, you're supposed to tell me and I applaud you for doing so, but it was my fault for not trying to fix everything you told me was wrong."

As he holds your waist, he stares into your eyes.

"And Y/N, No you haven't lost your spark. I love you" he says sweetly.

MoonwalkForever