Venturing Out On His Own [2/6]

Vulnerability, heartbreak, a sense of a part being missing from your soul are the feelings that overwhelmed you in this moment. You knew that it would come to this: You and Michael breaking up. It wasn't that he cheated on you or anything of that matter, but he just wasn't the Michael that you fell in love with. He was moving on with his life, going out, partying, being seen with women and all the hype that came with fame. It wasn't your forte, but you would've dealt with it because you trusted Michael. You knew that he would never hurt you. Turns out he ended up hurting you more than ever by leaving you with no kind of remorse. He wanted a break and you needed a break as well; even though you knew how much you wanted everything to go back to where it was.

You had lost him and there was no way to get him back.

As a tear fell down your face, a ringtone blared through your ear as you looked down. Your best friend. She had been the one to help you with through this time and keep you on your feet. Truth is, you didn't want to get over him even though you knew you had to. In fear that he would date someone else, get someone else pregnant, love someone else unconditionally. All these thoughts scared you.

It wasn't your call anymore. You could not control anything that this man did, but your thought still ran crazily, wondering what he was doing and missing his every move.

"What do you want heifer?" you answer feistily.

"I'm coming over so you better get ready cause we going out tonight and I don't want to hear any buts about it."

"Tiana, I'm honestly not in the mood to go or do anything right now. Please don't make me."

With an agitated sound in your voice, you sigh, beginning to hear her complain.

"Alright, alright, if it will stop your whining, I will go."

~ 2 Hours Later  ~

Finally arriving to the club, you get out, feeling sort of sexy! It had been a while since you had been out by yourself to enjoy a good time. You walked confidently in your black lace up pumps as you stared at all the people dancing and grinding with passion and lust. Even though you were in your feelings, you wanted to have a good time with your bestfriend. She grabbed your hand and began dancing with you, smiling and trying to warm you up to the music.

Minutes and minutes had passed and you weren't really feeling it. This music was all wrong and your emotions were all wrong. Out of no where, you stare across from the bar to see him.

Your ex was standing over at the bar,  slobbing down a thottie that only wanted his love meat. It disgusted you greatly. Tears rushed urgently to your eye sockets as rage and heart break rose within your soul. He moved on that fast? It had only been a couple weeks. You never thought that years of a romantic and loving relationship would come down to this.

As you fight back urging tears, your mind races, trying to figure out what to do. How could his presence ruin your moment? Why did you even look over there? For what reason?

Your best friend notices that you aren't dancing anymore, only to be standing around, gazing into one particular area of the club.

"Babe, come on. Dance with me. We need to get him out of your mind."

With a stroke of your face and a gentle tap on the shoulder, you finally snap out of it.

Your bestfriend had her ways with you that made you so glad she was in your life. She always wanted to help.

As you start to dance, you smile lightly at your bestfriend as you work your hips from left to right abruptly and to the tempo.

With a slight push of a sense of urgency, you smile brightly, trying to get into it.

It just wasn't there. You felt so hurt inside, so broken..... so empty.

You felt like a stranger in your own body.

MoonwalkForever