Effort? Gone? ~ Part 2

Cleaning your studio apartment had been therapeutic in some ways, but at the end of the day, your mind always drifted to wanting Michael and needing him. It frustrated you that he was out living his life while you were still thinking about him.

As you were taking a break from redecorating, you scrolled slowly through your twitter feed. You then came upon a inspirational account that you began following.

A few quotes caught your eye.
"You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are. ~ Amy Poehler"

"The hardest test in life is the patience to wait for the right moments"

"If he did it to me, I let it happen to myself."

"Never feel bad for doing what is best for you."

Your heart began feeling better. Your a female - who DOES NOT need a man - even though that's bae-bae all day.

It was time to get it together. Rise up above this situation.

He left - not you.

~ Few Hours Later ~

As you prance around in your white pumps, you look in the mirror.

"Sexy - sexy!" you hear Omar yell as he snaps in a z formation. You laugh at his silly expressions and grin.

"Alright, I'm ready. Leggo."

At the back of your mind, you still were thinking about MJ. How could this be?

~Arriving ~

As you step out, paparazzi swarm the jeep as camera lights literally blind you. You were so glad to have your tinted aviators on. As you smile lovingly and wave politely. Walking in, you get excited, seeing all the other celebrities and social media stars.

One in particular caught your eye, seeing him against the wall, sipping on a drink while talking to a honey.

Your confidence shoots quickly out into the air, being taken by a certain aura. How did you walk in and see so much...so soon?

As the night passes, you ignore his presence and focus on Omar and your girlfriends. Even though you were in pain, you knew how to hide it well. After a few more minutes of glancing over, seeing what was going on with your ex lover, you feel the urge to leave, seeing how into the girl he was. It gave you so much pain inside, knowing how long you spent thinking and worrying about him for it to turn out that he's dating other people.

He's a man! He does have that right, but it just really hurt you in that moment.

~Leaving the Club~

You had an "okay" time, but seeing your ex in the club ruined everything. You felt a gentle hand on your waist as you were walking out. Pausing, your turn, locking eyes with Michael.

"Hey, can we talk?"

You were caught off guard.

"Sure."

You stared down at your heels as you walked beside him to a hallway where it was no one around.

"So...umm.. how have you been?" he asks, giving you loving, but intense stares.

"I've been well. How about you? How did the tour go?"

He nods and smiles as you look at him.

"It was very refreshing. I needed it. The fans were everything."

"That's good.."

You couldn't believe how nonchalant he was when you and him hadn't talked in almost 3 months.

"Can I come over and visit you tonight? I wanna talk to you in person."

You look into his unfamiliar eyes, but nod. That spark had gone. It wasn't apparent at that moment. You didn't feel that warm feeling inside like you always had.

~Few Hours Later, Your Apartment ~

"Y/N, I would like to be friends with benefits..Could we do that?"

XX

We have to shy away from the fact that this is our baby MJ. Would you give him the time of day? I'm going to drag this Imagine along because I want it to be more than 2-3 parts. I hope you enjoy this Imagine book and please leave a comment! :) Love you ❤️

MoonwalkForever