chapter 4

Chapter 4:

It wasn’t too long before I received a text off Ella. I opened the text, and I didn’t know what feel.

[That Jack guy was prettty cute! o:]

I hesitated before replying.

[Yeah? He’s not my type, we’re just friends]

I hit send, but what I really wanted to do was delete the message and write,

[Yeah I know, I think I like him, a lot.]

But I couldn’t. Ella liking Jack might help me move on from him.

Besides, his friend seemed quite cute.

After cleaning up, again, I lay on my bed and began to think. So many ideas were streaming through my mind. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I’d just have to just forget about Jack. He’s my best friend and my other best friend like’s him, so it wouldn’t be fair. Makes sense, right?

I sighed and turned over a few times; no matter how I laid I didn’t feel comfortable. There was a horrible feeling in the pit of stomach, and even worse feeling in my heart. The whole thing was really baffling. I’d never thought of Jack like this before.

I felt myself drifting off, but there was a sudden knock at the door. I waited for a second to see if my mum would answer it, but she didn’t. I rolled my eyes and jumped out of bed. As I approached the door my eye’s flickered at the clock, it was 10.30.

I stopped before opening the door, I didn’t know who it could be and this scared me slightly. I breathed in and forced my hand to swing the door open. I exhaled in relief to see a smiling Jack stood outside.

‘What are you doing here?’ I laughed.

He seemed to be daydreaming.

But he soon shook his head and replied ‘Oh I think I left my phone here’ he smiled. I felt a shiver in my back.

Funny how we’d been best friends for ages and now I’ve suddenly fallen for him and he has no idea.

I led him upstairs after closing the door.

‘Wow, you clean up quickly!’ he chuckled.

I lightly hit him on shoulder; he turned around and yelled with a sarcastic tone to his voice. 

‘Found it yet?’ I yawned.

‘Why? You tired?’ he laughed.

‘Maybe, it’s nearly 11 o’clock!’

Jack continued rummaging through my things.

‘I don’t think it’s here’ he got up off the floor.

I laughed at him.

‘It’s not funny! I need my phone, dammit!’

‘Well it’s not here Jack! Maybe you left it at home or something?’ I yawned, again. I could feel my body growing weaker.

‘Maybe. Oh well’ he smiled.

‘Okay well, out!’ I pointed at the door, trying to look serious.

‘Fine! See you tomorrow!’

He pulled a tongue before wrapping his arms around me burying my head in his chest.

‘I can’t breathe!’ I mumbled.

‘What? Can’t hear you!’ he laughed.

I finally pushed him away and nearly down the stairs.

He stumbled and looked at me.

‘Sorry’ I grinned.

‘Haha.’ He laughed sarcastically.

I followed him down the stairs and closed the door after he left.

I slumped back to my bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

Dreaming, yet again, about Jack.