chapter 9

Chapter 9:

------From Hanley’s point of view---------------

I was wide-awake, and it was only 6:30 in the morning. I looked over at Jack, and he was still sound asleep. I got out of bed, and I glanced at my broken phone; I had a new message.

[Hanley, sup? Are you walking today:)?]

I looked and snarled at my phone as her name shown up on my screen. I knocked on my mum’s door. She was asleep, but I needed to get out of school for the day, and I hoped Jack could too. “Hey mum… I really don’t feel like going to school today, I feel really ill..” I paused, she just nodded. “Hanley, I know you’re not really, but sure, just for today. Is Jack staying?” This is why all my friends and me love my mum, she just doesn’t care.

I walked in, and Jack sat up. “Hey Hanners, where did you go?” I looked at him; he was so cute. He had his hair all stuck up, and he looked half asleep still. “I’m not going to school today, are you?” I joined him in the bed, and he moved up a little. “I don’t see why I should. Zack said he wasn’t going today either, because we’ve both not done our coursework and I can’t be arsed with the teacher.” He sighed. “Well, does he wanna come round here do you think? Wait, his mum might flip because he’s meant to be ill I’m guessing?” I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, and I felt like I’d been hypnotized. “You two have a lot in common you know. He’s mum is like yours. She doesn’t care either!” He laughed. “Well, maybe in a bit then.”

We sat and looked at each other for a bit, until Jack’s phone rang. He stood up and left the room, giving me a quick glance to look at the clock. Apparently, it was now 7:26. I picked up my phone again, I had to text Ella back, no matter how much I was jealous of her.

[No not today, I’m ill:( Sorry!]

Jack came back and shook his head. “Sup?” I asked. “My mum said I’ve got to go in after lunch.” He looked down. “Oh, damn. Well, I guess Zack could come round then?” I laughed. He smiled. He was just, I couldn’t even explain. “Here, your hair is all over the place today!” I giggled, stroking it back into place. I realized, that from his point of view, it probably looked like some serious flirting.

“Well, your hair isn’t so perfect either!” He joked, pulled my hair. The next three hours were spent closely bonding, and a few seconds before he had to leave, something serious nearly happened.

“Well, I suppose I’d better start going, I have to change into my uniform when I get home.” Jack picked up his phone, and looked at me. We stood by my front door, just staring into each other’s eyes. His eyes flicked from my eyes to my mouth. I knew where this was going, and even though I knew it was wrong, I knew I really wanted it to happen. We started to slowly move closer, until my mum, who’d been stood there the whole time, interrupted us. She coughed, and our heads shot in her direction. “I think you should go Jack..” I said quickly, looking at the floor.

“Yeah, I should… err, get going.” He said, stumbling as he went to open the door. “Bye Jack!” My mum said, intentionally trying to embarrass me. “Bye!” He replied. He stood on my doorstep, now totally unable to stare into each other’s eyes. That was so awkward and embarrassing, I was surprised he stayed there the whole time.

He finally, after two minutes of staring at the ground, opened his arms out to give me a hug goodbye. “Sorry about that Jack.” I muttered whilst still in his arms. “It’s okay, it was probably a good thing..” He smiled, as he let me go. “Yeah, probably. Let’s not tell anyone about that then-“ I looked up and Jack nodded. “Well, bye then!” I smiled. “Bye Hanley!” He began to walk off down the road.

I’d forgotten I’d texted Zack in the morning, and I soon got a knock on my door. “Oh, Hey Hanley.” He said, and he smiled an adorable smile at me. “Has Jack gone or something?” He mustn’t have any idea that Jack was supposed to leave. “Oh yeah, he left half an hour ago. You can still stay though?” He nodded as I led him through my house. My mum had conveniently left the house to go shopping, so we were home alone.

We spent the afternoon playing with my little brothers playstation, and I had no idea how much of a cutie Zack was. I started crushing on him, only the slightest. Nowhere near as much as Jack.