chapter 42

Chapter 42:

-----Alex’s point of view-----

‘You alright?’ Rian approached me as I was seated in his living room with my phone still in my hand. ‘Yeah’ I mumbled. ‘Is Hanley okay with everything?’ ‘Uhm, I think she’ll manage.’ I said doubtfully. ‘Okay, well, let’s get an early rest and I’ll call Zack tomorrow morning?’ Rian smiled. He was one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. I smiled back ‘Good idea’ I yawned.

Going through all of these events made me tired, I needed to sleep before my mind got distracted about what I’m exactly going to say to Zack. ‘Okay, there are no extra beds unfortunately so you’ll have to make use of the couch’ he laughed. ‘That’s fine’ I chuckled and lay down on the couch I was sat on.

‘Goodnight Alex’ he said before walking towards the stairs. ‘Night! I shouted as he went up. I hadn’t even tried to sleep yet but I knew I wouldn’t be able to. I was nearly shaking, what if Zack won’t forgive me? It’s been 5 years and he appears to be just as angry. I rolled over and closed my eyes, trying to avoid the subject in my mind and go to sleep.

-------Jack’s point of view------

‘Goodnight’ ‘Night Uncle Jack!’ max giggled as I tucked him into bed. He’d wanted me to do it too after Hanley had. She stood in the door way laughing at me. ‘What’s so funny?’ I smirked, closing max’s door. ‘Nothing, just you and max together, it’s sweet’ she smiled. I laughed.

I followed Hanley down the stairs were she made us a both a cup of coffee. ‘So, how are you then Jack?’ she said handing me the cup and sitting by my side. ‘Quite good thanks, and you?’ ‘I’ve been better’ she sighed.

‘I’m sure Alex will be home soon’ I smiled and she snuggled up into my chest. ‘I hope so, I don’t think I could handle Max alone, thanks for coming’ she yawned, obviously tired from taking care of Max. ‘It’s fine, what are friends for? I laughed. She made a quiet laugh and remained silent for a while.

I looked down and saw her eyes shut. ‘Hanley’ I whispered. She didn’t reply. I smiled and rested my head on hers and closed my eyes.

------Rian’s point of view-------

I woke up to my alarm going off at 9.30am. I heaved myself out of bed and threw on some clothes before entering the living room to see Alex wide awake. ‘Morning, get much sleep last night?’ I smiled. ‘Not really’ he laughed. ‘Well, help yourself to the kitchen, I’m gunna call Zack’ I said sitting down and dialling his number. ‘Kay’ Alex whispered dashing to the kitchen desperate to not hear how the conversation was about to go down.

‘Zack?’ ‘Hey’ he mumbled. ‘Hey, there’s someone here who really needs to speak to you’ ‘Hanley!?’ he said, his voice brightening up. ‘Uhm, no, Alex’ I sighed knowing I was going to disappoint him. ‘What?’ Zack laughed. ‘Why? What does he want?’ he suddenly sounded angry. ‘To apologize!’ I exclaimed.

‘Forget it, I’m not speaking to him!’ ‘But I think you should give him at least a chance, he feels awful and really wants to speak to you’ I looked at the kitchen to see Alex stood in the doorway, his head was lowered knowing Zack wasn’t about to forgive him easily.

‘A chance? That’s the last thing I’m going to give him. He’s had 5 years to apologize!’ ‘But’ He hung up before i could reply. ‘Zack? Zack!?’ I shouted down the phone. ‘Thanks Rian but, this was a bad idea.’ Alex sighed and walked back into the kitchen.

I threw the phone on the chair and followed him. ‘No it’s not, Zack’s just overwhelmed that you’re here so suddenly, he’ll come around!’ I looked at Alex, he was sat eating toast at the table, looking as bummed as ever.