Chapter 58

Chapter 58:

-Alex’s point of view-

I opened my eyes and checked the time, almost 3.30pm. I sighed, what did I need to get up for exactly? I had nothing left in my life. I heard footsteps approach me. ‘Alex, you awake yet?’ Rian looked down at me. ‘Yeah’ I tried to smile. ‘Thanks for letting my stay with you for a bit, for the second time’ I chuckled slightly. ‘It’s no problem’ he smiled brightly. ‘So, what’s the plan for today, even though the day’s nearly over?’ Rian’s optimism filled the room; it made me feel a bit better. ‘I don’t know man; I haven’t got anything to do. I still miss her, and Max’ I sat up on the couch.

‘I don’t blame you, I suppose’ Rian sat down next to me. ‘But you have to move on, she has jack now’ Rian sipped his coffee. I gritted my teeth as he said his name. To think once, me and jack were best friends, and now many times I’ve been put into positions were i could easily kill him. ‘You ok?’ Rian looked at me. I felt my cheeks burning. ‘Yeah, I just can’t get over her, I’ll never be able to Rian’ I fell back into the couch.

Rian looked away clueless on what to say. ‘There’s no chance is there’ I whispered. ‘Hmm?’ Rian looked back at me. ‘Of me getting back with her’ I hoped he say there’s always a chance. But he didn’t. ‘Alex, I don’t know what she wants, you or jack, but she’s better off with him. For the sake of her child you know?’ I hadn’t even thought about max, I wonder if he still thought I was his dad.

‘Coffee?’ Rian said changing the subject. I nodded and gave a little smile. I pulled out my phone, no texts or missed calls. I felt my heart ache as I remembered last time I stayed at Rian’s I had loads of messages from Hanley, worrying about where I was. I threw my phone on the other end of the couch. I was lifeless, without Hanley I didn’t have anything to live for. I knew I could never get over her, so what was the point in living anymore? ‘Here you go’ Rian returned handing me a cup of freshly made coffee. ‘Thanks’ I said.

There was a knock at the door. Rian turned to me. ‘Might be Zack’ he said sheepishly. I tried to hold back any nasty comments that may slip out my mouth. ‘Let him in’ I finally spoke. ‘You sure?’ Rian looked worried. ‘Yeah’ I smiled. Rian answered the door and Zack saw me straight away. ‘I’ll come back another time’ Zack turned away. ‘Hey!’ I stood up and ran to the door. ‘C’mon in’ I smiled. Zack smiled back and came inside.

We all sat down in the living room. ‘Why are you here?’ Zack said looking at the blankets on the couch realizing I’d stayed the night. ‘Well, it turns out; jack is the real father of Max, and now Hanley’s with him. I left her, I thought it’d be best’ I avoided eye contact. ‘Oh’ Zack whispered. ‘Look, I’m sorry about what happened between me and Hanley, I just wanted her back. Like you do now’ I understood how Zack felt. I’d give anything up to get Hanley back.

Rian noticed the awkward tension and turned on the TV, whilst i continued to drink my coffee. ‘So, anyway I just came over to see if you were busy today’ Zack looked at Rian and Rian looked at me. ‘No, I’m free’ He said at last. ‘What about you?’ Zack smiled at me. ‘Thanks but I think I’d rather stay here. I’m not in the socializing mood, but thanks’ I smiled back him. ‘Ok, shall we go?’ Zack stood up and Rian turned off the TV. ‘See you later Alex’ Rian said. ‘Bye’ Zack waved and closed the door. I collapsed on the couch and felt like going back to sleep. But all I could think about was Hanley. 

my only one (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें