chapter 62

Chapter 62:

-Hanley’s point of view-

I was sat in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. What was I doing? I questioned myself. I didn’t want this, at all really. But I had too. I couldn’t cry now, I just had all my make up done. Everyone was sat in the church waiting for me to walk down the isle. I sighed and stood from my seat, putting on a smile.

I walked over to the door and my dad smiled at me. I hadn’t seen my dad in such a long time, he left me and my mum when I was 10 to study some sort of science, his work always meant more to him. Luckily I managed to get in touch with him; even though he left he was still my dad. ‘You look beautiful’ he whispered taking my arm. ‘Thanks’ I tried to smile, but within each passing second I was coming closer to being someone who I didn’t want to be, Mrs. Hanley Barakat.

The large doors in front of us opened and the organ began to play, I saw jack stood beaming at the other end of the isle. He looked so happy, it made me happy too. My father led me down the isle. 

-jack’s point of view-

I stood waiting impatiently and excitedly at the altar. I’d never seen Hanley looking so beautiful. I couldn’t stop smiling. We faced the priest and the ceremony began. Moments later I and Hanley were nearly married. My heart pounded. ‘Jack Barakat, do you take Hanley Bevan to be your lawfully wedded wife?’ I looked into her eyes and took a breath. ‘I do’ the priest turned to Hanley. ‘And do you, Hanley Bevan, Take jack Barakat to be your lawfully wedded husband?’ ‘I-‘ ‘OBJECT’ I jumped and turned to see Alex storming down the isle.

‘Hanley’ Alex ran up to her. ‘You don’t wanna do this, I know you don’t!’ He grabbed her arms. ‘Alex, what do you think you’re doing!?’ i fiercely pushed him around to face me. ‘Jack I know how you feel about her, but I feel the same way ok! Don’t tell me you wouldn’t try and stop our wedding had there been one!’ i hesitated. ‘Alex, I can’t believe you’re doing this!’ Hanley screamed at him. Alex looked shocked and hurt. ‘But Hanley, I love you’ everyone in the church started mumbling. I looked around and felt my heart race.

-Hanley’s point of view-

‘You know how I feel about you, but I can’t be with you ok!’ I ran out of the church as fast as I could but stopped at the end of the isle. Jack’s mum was sat at the very back looking as ill as ever. She looked at me in disappointment. ‘I’m sorry’ I whispered and continued my escape. ‘Hanley’ I heard jack and Alex calling my name, but I kept running.

-jack’s point of view-

I tried my best not to cry in front of everyone, but as always Alex had messed things up. I ran after Alex who was chasing Hanley. ‘Alex!’ I hissed at him, I’d been angry with Alex a few times, but never had I been this angry. We stood staring at each other in the church car park, I waited for him to reply.