chapter 12

Chapter 12:

I didn’t know how to feel, right now my emotions where all over place. I had to take a few deep breaths to contain myself from running after her.

That’s all I wanted to do, I guess it was the heat of the moment. Every time I was with her all my problems disappeared, my eyes fell to the ground.

I walked back inside; I just need this day to end. Wake up and start over.

----------------Ella’s point of view-----------

I felt really uneasy. I didn’t stay at Jack’s long, there was an awkward tension between us. When I left he didn’t even kiss me goodbye, he barely hugged me.

It amused me how I’d only known him for a short period of time, but I felt my pieces of my heart chipping off each time I thought about him, and how unhappy he seemed.

I came to the idea that he wasn’t happy with me, maybe he didn’t want to be with me anymore. But perhaps couldn’t find the words to let me go.

I thought about leaving him, to make things easier. But If was I wrong that would just make things worse.

I smiled inside slightly realizing what I should do, ask Hanley. Surely my best friend would have an idea on what to do.

I was about to text her when I decided to call her instead.

I scrolled down to her name on my contact list, clicking the dial button when I saw it. There were a few rings, then I voice came from the other line.

‘Hello?’

‘Hey Hanley’ I heard my voice croaking.

‘Ella? What’s up?’ she didn’t sound too happy herself.

‘I have a problem; I seriously need your help’

‘Sure, anything’

‘It’s Jack’ i stopped to hear a small sigh. ‘Hanley?’

‘Yeah?’ her voice was suddenly quiet.

‘Uhm, so about Jack’ I stopped again as she made a funny cry.

‘Okay, what’s wrong? Is there something about Jack?’ I felt anger in my voice.

‘No’ she whimpered softly.

‘Well he’s been acting weird, and I don’t know why. You’re his best friend, do you know something?

Silence, my stomach was whirling in confusion. I felt sick.

‘Hanley? What’s going on?’ she didn’t reply.

‘Hanley!’ I repeated almost shouting down the phone.

‘Mhm’ she was barley making a noise she was so quiet.

‘Tell me now…’ I waited for an answer.

------Hanley’s point of view------

I held the phone to my ear, tears producing in my eyes. I could tell her, get it all out. Or go with the plan we’d made and just forget about it. I could hear Ella beginning to cry on the other end, she knew something was up. I had to choose, to tell her or to leave it.