chapter 6

Chapter 6

After that we didn’t move for some time, but I didn’t want to. I was leaning into his chest, his head rested on mine, I felt warm on both the inside and out. A feeling of happiness I’d never felt before overwhelmed me.

I could feel myself growing tired, I wanted to fall asleep in his arms. But he soon lightly pushed me back, and looked at me with those eyes. A subtle smile formed on my face, Jack smiled and swiftly swung his head flipping his hair.  I couldn’t help but keep notice how unbelievably adorable he was. Although, another thought kept occurring in my mind. Could it be I was falling for him too fast?

I tried to push that question to the back of my mind, but it didn’t help much. Though I was still thinking about it I just ignored it. All the while my head was rested on Jack shoulder as he twiddled my hair. 

Jack spoke suddenly, his voice vibrated on my cheek. ‘What time is it?’ ‘I don’t know’ I spoke softly. He got up as I remained seated on his couch. ‘I can walk you back to yours if you want’ he stood smiling in wait of my answer, I wanted to yes so badly but I couldn’t stop staring.

‘Ugh, right now? I’m so tired’ I yawned sarcastically. ‘C’mon’ Jack laughed and held out his hand, I looked from his face, to his hands, and back to his face again. Jack laughed again, before grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

My legs turned to jelly, partly because of Jack, partly because I seriously was tired. I dropped, dragging my hands down his arm, he clutched onto me before i hit the bottom of the floor. But I pulled myself down, yanking him down with me. 

We both fell and laughed, almost in sync with each other. I glanced at Jack to see he was already looking at me. I sighed and lied down fully rested on the floor closing my eyes.

I opened them to see Jack towered above me, kneeling over me. I gasped in fright before laughing like a fool. He chuckled. He put hand his around the back of my neck lifting my head, slowly bringing his lips to my forehead, pressing down lightly.

He pulled back and without any notice put his arm under my back and his other arm under my legs before raising me in the air. ‘What are you doing?’ I giggled. ‘If you won’t walk I’ll just have to carry you!’ he walked, carrying me, to the front door. ‘Fine then!’ I locked my hands around his neck and placed my head on his chest.

All I could see was the corner of Jack’s face, I had my eye’s closed for most of the journey. Finally we arrived at my house, Jack attempted to put me down but I didn’t unlock my fingers. Struggling to pick me back up I let go and stood up.

‘Thanks for the ride’ I winked. ‘It was my pleasure’ he smiled positioning his arms around my waist, whilst I placed mine through his creating a hug sort of position. He was so warm. We both backed away and I gazed up at him. ‘Goodnight Ella’ I was about to reply but I was too slow. Jack’s lips were already pressing on mine, butterflies whirled in my stomach. When he finally pulled away I smiled ‘Goodnight, Jack’

He gave me one final hug and walked off. I had to get inside quickly, I couldn’t bare watching him leave. I wanted him with me, all the time.

My heart was pounding so heavily, I needed a minute to catch my breath. After I calmed down the first thing that came to my mind was the need to text Hanley everything that had just happened.

I snatched my phone from my pocket and tried to begin to explain what happened and how amazing it felt.