Wherever Is Your Heart

(A/n-Hi guys!! Sorry my updating has gotten slower, but I've had homework and stuff but here's another chapter for you!! So without further ado, HERE WE GO!!! )
(Y/N P.O.V)
It looks like today we'll be like every other day for the past four years; Me and my close friend Winry Rockbell stuck here in Risembol waiting for word from our childhood friends the Elric brothers. Sometimes I think that if those two really knew just how much us two girls worry about them they would be less reckless, but I guess over the years I've kinda gotten used to it. I've known them my whole life, and Winry's always been like a older sister to me, though I wish she wouldn't treat me  like a little girl sometimes when I'm only a year younger than her and Ed. But what can I say? These three are like family to me, especially Alphonse. I could never say this to him out loud, but I've always had a huge crush on him when we were little and it's only grown over time. The night he lost his body and Edward lost an arm and a leg, I was heart broken. All they wanted was their mother back, after all, they were just children like me and Winry. It was like a nightmare that I was afraid would never end. But not long after that horrible night, Ed got an automail arm and leg from Pinkao and Winry, he started recovering and training with Al, and soon they were leaving to go and search for the Philosopher's Stone we had read about. I would miss going over to Winry's and watching them sparring in the yard. I was and still am amazed at how quick Alphonse could move even though he was now like 7 ft tall and had a huge armored body. Winry would glance over at me starring at him and smiling as he trained with his older brother and would later tease me, but not so loudly that the younger Elric could hear. It was however enough for me to blush madly and slightly turn my head, which in return then caught Al's attention. Then Ed would end up beating him ,and tease him for getting distracted, and so on. Even now I still blush when they tease us, and I can actually  see Al blush too even without a body. I miss them so much; I miss Al so much, so much that if they came back home today, I would just hug Al like my life depended on it. Even though he is still a suit of armor, I crave him holding me or embracing me. Just seeing him again would be enough for me; I've also been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've told Winry that I am going to ask if I can go with them on their journey when they return home again. Since they left, I've been studying alchemy even more and I've trained myself in hand to hand combat too so I wouldn't be a burden to them if they let me go with them. Why have I decided this you may ask? Because it's taken me this long to realize that this place isn't really a home to me if Al's not here with me; he's  like the other half of me that I  know I can't live without , and wherever Al is is where I call home. Sometimes I wonder what I really am to him, but even if he never reciprocates my feelings him being my best friend will be enough for me.
(Third Person P.O.V A/n - this is after the Elrics decide to let y/n go with them on their journey)
(Y/N ) was ecstatic when the brothers let her go with them, after Al pleaded with his older brother of course. He knew the only reason Ed didn't want (Y/N) to go with them was because he was worried for her safety like a big brother, but Al promised he would do everything he could to protect her. The truth was he had missed her like crazy, and was happy when she has asked to go with him and Ed. He never said it out loud, but he was also in love with (Y/N) like she was with him; that's mainly why he had missed her so much. He loved everything about her, because to him she was the most beautiful girl in the world even if she didn't think so. He had wanted nothing more than to just hold her and see her smile at him. ' I wonder if she knows just how much I think about her, or how beautiful I think she is, how much I want an excuse just to be able to hold her even without my body, or how much I wish I could kiss her passionately'  Al would think to himself at night. Soon however he would be saying those words to the girl he loved most.
(Al and Y/N P.O.V)
One night as the three teenagers were traveling, Al noticed (Y/N) was not around the campfire. " Brother, do you know where (Y/N) went to?" Al asked. " I think she said se was going over to that creek over their. Are you worried about your girlfriend Al?" Edward asked smirking slightly. " B-brother!! Sh-she's not my g-girlfriend!!" Al replied embarrassed and shaking his hands deffensively. After a little brotherly teasing from Ed, Al found (Y/N) by a creek just as his brother had said. As he made his way over to her, Alphonse couldn't help but think once again how beautiful she looked in the moonlight glow. 'I just don't understand why (Y/N) doesn't see how beautiful she is' Al thought to himself. "Hi (Y/N) Alphonse said politely. When (Y/N) turned to face him, he thought that his non-physical heart had stopped; all of time seemed to have stopped in a way. This is how (Y/N) made the young boy feel, and unknowingly this is how a Alphonse made (Y/N) feel too; the only word in their minds at that moment was 'woah'. "H-hi Alphonse" (Y/N) replied shyly.
*Time Skip*
After chatting about everything like best friends sometimes do, Al finally asked a question he had wanted to ask for almost an hour. " (Y/N), can I ask you something ?" he asked. " Of course Al, you can ask me anything" the girl replied smiling. " Well, I was just wondering... what made you decide to go with Brother and I on our journey?" Alphonse curiously asked. (Y/N) froze when she heard his question. Of course she knew what her answer was, but she was afraid to tell him the whole truth of why she decided to go with the Elrics. She had of course wanted to just be there for them and to help them like any good friend would, but also she went because she had missed Alphonse.'What am I going to do?!?! I cant lie to Al 'cause if I do he'll be able to see right through me... alright, I guess this is a sign that its time I finally to him. After all, I've kept it inside way too long anyways' she decided to herself. "Do you really want to know Al?" She asked. Alphonse seemed taken aback slightly, but was determined and only nodded in response. " Well, one reason I wanted to go with you guys was because I wanted to be there with you as a friend and to help you... And the other main reason... I-is that I-I missed y-you Al; I missed seeing my best friend and just being able to talk with you. And the main reason I missed you so much w-was because... I l-love you A-Alphonse, I always have and I always will; And since I'm in love with you, wherever your heart is is where my home is;wherever you call home is where I call home because your heart and soul is all I need to be happy" (Y/N) confessed with a fine red blush on her cheeks. Al didn't know what to say. If he had his body, his face would be completely blood red and his heart would be ready to burst. He never thought he would hear the girl he loved say those things to him, and by the law of Equivalent Exchange, it was only fair he confess as well. " (Y-Y/N), I-I l-love you too. To be honest, I was always hoping I would hear you say that, and for years I've wanted to say that I think you're the most beautiful, smart, kind, and caring girl I've ever known. You have no idea how much I missed you after Brother and I left; you don't know how badly I've wanted some excuse just to be able to hold you and feel your skin touching me even if I can't feel it.Or how much I've thought about how badly I want to k-kiss you even though I can't. What I'm trying to say, is that I love you with all of my heart and soul (Y/N), and I'm content and happy wherever you are too." After the two teenagers confessed, a huge weight had lifted off their shoulders. The only thing they could do was stare at the other in comfortable silence with crimson blushes painted on their cheeks. (Y/N) however came out of her usual shyness and broke the silence when she scooted closer to Al, brought his helmet down to her eye level, and kissed him right where his lips would've been. Alphonse's glowing red eyes widened, but he soon relaxed and tried his best to embrace her, happy from her romantic gesture. 'The way she's kissing my helmet, is like the metal isn't even here. Its like I can almost actually feel her lips on mine' Al thought as she continued her romantic display of affection. After she pulled away, she leaned her head on his chest where his heart would be with a blush still adorning her cheeks. " I love you Al, and even though that kiss was perfect, It'll be even more perfect when your lips are actually on mine" (Y/N) said smiling. Alphonse had a bright pink blush on his armor after she said this, but soon hummed in response and put his leather hand protectively around her." Yeah, it will be perfect, I promise" he sweetly replied. Soon the two were back in comfortable silence, looking at the reflection of the moon in the crystal blue water and dreaming of the day when their lips would really meet for the first time. In the end, all they could say to themselves was ' yeah, it'll be perfect. just, perfect.'
THE END
A/N- well their you have it! Another chapter finally done! I'm really sorry this one took so long, but I've been really busy with school and a lot of other stuff. But anyways, I hope you all liked this chapter and feel free to leave a comment about what you think! Looks like that's all for now, but I will continue to update when I can, so I will see you all in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!! :)