Late Nights (Request Chapter #7)

A/n- Hi guys! Like usual I give the next chapter and I hope you enjoy. This is once again another idea/request chapter given to me by SmuggleMuffin where "Reader is an insomniac and is having trouble sleeping,so Alphonse stays up and/or tries to help her fall asleep any way she can. Cuddling is a possibility."
Don't forget to listen to the song above while you read if you want, so LETS GO!! :)

(Reader and the Elric bros. are in Central)

Third Person P.O.V

Alphonse sat on the floor of he and Ed's room, his glowing gaze set on the night sky outside the window. He sat there, like he had every.single.night for four years straight; Simply sitting quietly on the floor, waiting for everyone else to wake up.
'The night outside is beautiful, but I wonder just how much longer I'll have to stay like this. Not being able to do basic things like eat or sleep...or feel.'

Alphonse sat there on the floor thinking and writing in his notebook about all the different foods he would try when he regained his body when he noticed the door connecting he and Ed's room to another opened quietly.

On the other side of the door was (Y/N), dressed in her night clothes and rubbing her arm shyly. Alphonse immediately turned in her direction and as quietly as he could so to not wake up Ed, began making his way over to her, his armor slightly clanking.

Even though it was late in the night, Alphonse still saw a bright blush on (Y/N)'s cheeks before she quickly looked down to the side to avoid his gaze.

"Having trouble sleeping?", Alphonse whispered quietly, trying his best not to chuckle as he saw (Y/N)'s blush deepen as she nodded her head. She then grabbed one of Alphonse's gloved hands, his metal cheeks immediately heating up.

".......W-Would you stay with me A-Al? Just until I fall asleep...", (Y/N) whispered, still holding Alphonse's hand and still looking to the side. Despite his metal cheeks now a deep red, he gripped (Y/N)'s hand back, nodding his head.

After Alphonse quietly shut the door to (Y/N)'s room behind him, He sat next to (Y/N) on her bed, the light of the window illuminating most of the room.
"I-I'm sorry Al, I know I probably shouldn't bother you with something like this, but I-"
"N-No it's ok (Y/N) ; I'm happy to help you. B-Besides it's not like I have anything else to do at night anyway...", Alphonse quickly replied, becoming more solemn at the end as he trailed off.

(Y/N) genuinely smiled at this and relaxed, a feeling of pure comfort coming over her.
She didn't say a word and once again put her hand over Al's, averting his attention once again back to her.
"I'm glad I have you Al, that I have someone to do little things like this for me. A-And even if you did have your body back right now, I know you'd still stay with me if I couldn't sleep," (Y/N) said, blush returning as she looked down at her lap.
Alphonse didn't say anything as he moved his hand from underneath (Y/N)'s to put it behind her back, becoming flustered as (Y/N) scooted closer to him without any thought. It took her a few moments before she realized what she'd did and she immediately turned back to Alphonse, awkwardly looking into his glowing eyes while her blush returned.

"U-Um....I-is this ok A-Al?", (Y/N) asked in an almost whisper, timidly looking down again but still in Alphonse's direction.
If he had had his body at that moment, Alphonse would have smiled at (Y/N)'s behavior. He had always found it adorable whenever (Y/N) became shy around him, it made him glad that she could feel honest around him.

"Yeah, it's ok (Y/N); I agreed to stay with you until you went to sleep, so if this helps you then it's ok with me,"
'Because it's with you', Alphonse thought to himself, wishing he was bold enough to actually say it. That is until, he watched (Y/N) move even closer to him to where she was in his lap, making Alphonse unbelievably flustered and causing him to scoot backwards on the bed until he reached the backboard.

"U-Um (Y-Y/N)?!", Alphonse asked a little loud out of surprise, his whole helmet a visible deep red despite the moon being the only source of light. She had never acted like this before, and she was his best friend so he was more than just a little confused. But just because he was confused didn't mean he wasn't secretly happy about the situation.

(Y/N) looked down at Alphonse and stared directly into his glowing eyes with her own (e/c) ones, becoming nervous again while she blushed even deeper and looked down slightly. A few moments passed before (Y/N) spoke.

"....I-I'm sorry Al, I-I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable....s-so you can go back to your room if you want...", (Y/N) trailed, slowly moving off of Alphonse with her head downcast. Before she could, Alphonse grabbed her small hand and brought her back to him, his other gloved hand on her back as he sat up.
(Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes widened as she looked at Alphonse, taking notice that his metal cheeks were bright red much like her own. The glow in his helmet widened as he looked to the side in an embarrassed way, bringing a charmed smile to (Y/N)'s face.
"L-Like this?", Alphonse shakingly asked, his grip on (Y/N)'s hand tightening a little due to him being anxious. (Y/N) only kept her smile on her face and leaned even closer to him to where she laid on his chestplate with her head laying to the side, like she would if she were trying to listen to his heartbeat. Alphonse became a little tense at first and the hand he hand behind (Y/N)'s back flinching, but he soon put it right back where it had been and even rubbed circles on her back.

There they were, (Y/N) laying on Alphonse's armored body while he protectively but also gently held her against him on the the bed. They sat and talked to each other for a while to help (Y/N) fall asleep by telling stories about when they were little and funny jokes to make her laugh. Though after about an hour as much as she didn't really want to now, (Y/N) found herself unable to stop falling asleep, her insomnia fading away completely as a need for a good nights sleep completely taking her over. The last thing she did before she began drifting off to sleep was move up a few inches on Alphonse before kissing him on his helmet where his lips would be, not being fully aware of what she'd just done as she laid back down on his chest.

"Thank you Al. This is why I love you....",(Y/N) muttered before sleep completely won her over as she snuggled slightly against the boy. Alphonse didn't actually take his hands off of (Y/N)'s back in surprise as he responded back, knowing that (Y/N) might have been half asleep when she said that, but also knew she would never tell him something that she didn't mean.

"....U-Uh H-Huh."

The End
A/n- hey peeps! Like usual this was the next chapter that I hope you enjoyed as well as the music. Also I want to thank SmuggleMuffin for the really cute chapter idea cause I had a lot of fun writing sweet moments like this. And I know I've been saying I would post more fanart in the last few updates, but even though I haven't had time yet doesn't mean I won't sometime soon whenever I can have free time away from studying or homework to get it done :) so I haven't forsaken you my Readers!! Lol, so then, guess that's all for now, so thank you all so much for reading this, I'll try to update again next Friday like always, please keep sending good request ideas whenever you can cause a lot of them have been really really good and cute for me to write about and they help me extremely with writers block, I hope you all have a great, safe weekend, and I'll see all.my.lovely.Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! 😊👋

~Sarah