When I'm With You

A/n- Hi everyone! Like every week here's the next chapter I hope you all like; I insist you please listen to the song above "When I'm With You" by Ben Rector. I've been listening to some of his songs recently and I love them all. This song is beautiful and I played it the whole time on repeat that I wrote this chapter so please listen to it while you read. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/N) on the inside was ecstatic. The Elric brothers were coming back home, yet even if it was for auto-mail repairs, the (h/c) haired girl didn't care; She'd received another of several letters sent to her by Alphonse that they were coming home again, and today was finally the day. The usually reserved girl had had a smile on her face and humming to herself all morning at getting to see the brothers again....especially Alphonse. Just having thoughts to herself about the younger Elric was enough to bring a pink blush to (Y/N)'s cheeks, staying there as she got dressed in her room.

(If you don't like the dress or the color you're more than welcome to change it :) )

"(Y/N) Edward and Alphonse are coming up the road!" Y/N)'s father called downstairs. (Y/N) smiled to herself as she fixed her dress before answering back.
"Alright papa I'm coming!", (Y/N) called back as she speedily went down the stairs from her room, her father smiling to himself as he heard her feet. However when his teenage daughter reached the bottom of his steps, his (e/c) eyes widened at the sight of (Y/N). (Y/N) noticed her father's reaction and a pink blush rose to her cheeks again as she looked down, fumbling with the dress's fabric.
"I-I know, it's too much isn't it.." (Y/N) said, looking up at her father as she sheepishly smiled. Her father however brought his large hand to rub the top of her (h/c) hair, causing her (e/c) eyes to widen as she looked up at him.

"You look beautiful (Y/N), just like your mother....", (F/N) commented as tears threatened to fill his eyes, (Y/N)'s doing the same.
"You know, when you were little, she used to dress you in dresses like this...and this color of pink was always one of her favorites...she'd be proud of what a young lady you've become (Y/N), I know it..", (F/N) said as he smiled at his daughter, before they reached to hug each other.
"Thank you papa, that means so much to me.."
"(Chuckle) Hey now, you can't be crying..I'm sure Alphonse doesn't want to see this beautiful girl upset. And don't worry, he'll love the dress," (F/N) commented as he winked knowingly with a smirk, (Y/N)'s cheeks going from the pink of the dress to dark red in a second.
"P-Papa! I-It's n-not-"
"(Y/N), I was young once too ya know, and I was a young man like Alphonse. I've seen how he's acted around you over the years, and I've seen the way you two look at each other. I know because, (chuckle) well I gave those same looks to your mother, and I know what it's like to worry if someone doesn't love you back. Don't worry, I have a feeling it will work out soon,", (F/N) said, walking towards the kitchen with the knowing smile still on his face.
"Now run along (Y/N), you've been so excited to see him again, don't keep the boy waiting!", (Y/N)'s father called from the kitchen. (Y/N) with the red blush still on her face only shook her head as she smiled, turning and heading out the front door to meet the brothers.

After (Y/N) met the brothers on their way to Winry's, (Y/N) called from the Rockbell house to her own to ask if she could spend the night, to which her father didn't hesitate to agree. Later that day, while the sun was still in the sky, Alphonse and (Y/N) sat on  Winry's porch, looking at the beautiful sunset before them.

 Later that day, while the sun was still in the sky, Alphonse and (Y/N) sat on  Winry's porch, looking at the beautiful sunset before them

"Sunsets are so beautiful, aren't they Al?", (Y/N) asked smiling contently as she looked at the sunset. Alphonse turned his helmet away from the view to one he thought even more beautiful, (Y/N).
"Y-Yeah, very beautiful...", Alphonse replied, saying this while he looked admiringly at (Y/N). Moments like this were things the two of them had always cherished, simple moments like this just being together and spending time with each other. (Y/N) however soon suddenly turned her eyes from the sunset and found Alphonse still turned towards her, catching him looking at her; Alphonse didn't immediately look away though, in fact he found himself not being able to as he lost himself in (Y/N)'s (e/c) orbs, her doing the same with his own glowing ones. The two remained that way for a while, staring at the other while red blush coated both their cheeks. However, soon Alphonse leaned closer towards (Y/N), his gloved hand accidentally touching her own hand as he did so.

"U-Um, (Y-Y/N)..there's something I n-need to tell y-you...", Alphonse stuttered out as his whole helmet seemed to glow red with embarrassment. (Y/N) only looked on at his glowing eyes as she wrapped her pinky finger around Alphonse's large one, never breaking eye contact as she did so. Alphonse realized this was her timid way of wanting him to go on, since he knew she was too anxious to speak.
"W-Well, the truth i-is..", Alphonse continued as he intertwined their hands together that before was just their pinkies.
"T-The truth i-is.........is that I love y-you (Y/N); I've loved you for a very long time, even if I didn't always know it. When Brother and I were coming home this time, I thought for sure I could not think about you for once in my life, now that I was getting to see you; B-But I was wrong, I realize now that I won't ever stop. (Y/N)..." Alphonse trailed as he brought his free hand to put a strand of hair behind (Y/N)'s ear, tears streaming down her face.
"When I'm with you, I'm no longer wandering in my own thoughts alone...a-and I swear to myself that I can breathe, t-that I have my body back again. A-And when I'm with you , I know who I am and who I want to be; I'm done being alone in my own thoughts, when we were younger, when you'd smile at me my eyes would get wide and I'd want to run because I was scared... B-But I don't want that anymore. I know I don't belong solemn and alone...s-so...w-would you-"

Alphonse cut himself off as (Y/N) scooted closer to kiss him where his own lips would be, soft lips pressed against his helmet. (Y/N)'s eyes remained shut as happy tears ran down her face, when Alphonse's own glowing ones dimmed slightly as he leaned into her, his thumb wiping the tears as he kissed back; Despite his body not being restored yet, Alphonse's very soul felt on fire as they kissed, his metal helmet forming a dark red 'blush' as he wrapped an arm around (Y/N)'s waist to pull her body even closer. Alphonse then titled his helmet to 'deepen' the kiss for (Y/N), who then sighed contently at the gesture, her own cheeks on fire. As they sat there on the porch, hands still intertwined as (Y/N) almost sat in Al's armored lap, Alphonse knew exactly who he was. He was a boy who loved a girl who, he felt he would never truly deserve. He loved a girl, who was his best friend; A girl who was timid and sweet, who's shy smile always brightened his day, a beautiful girl who brightened everything around her with her kindness. And he loved a girl, THIS girl in his arms....

He felt he could be with forever.

The End

A/n- hey guys! As usual hope you all liked this chapter and it wasn't too bad. Also my  last day of school is either May 3rd or 5th so summer vacation is just around the corner for me!! Anyway though, guess I'll end the author note here. So thank you all so much for reading this, I'll of course update again next Friday if all is well, I hope you all have a great and safe weekend, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)

P.s. Remember as the song says, to always be who you want to be, and look for someone who makes you feel like you always can be you :)
~ Sarah