So Many Miles

A/n- Hi guys! Like every Friday I present to you the next chapter I hope you all enjoy; Also some of this chapter is actually going to be in Al's POV since the song above I've found is directed mainly towards him. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Alphonse's P.O.V (age seventeen)

I smiled as I approached the Central train station, the warm crisp air reminding me that fall would be coming soon. As I glanced at the suitcases secured in both of my human hands, I became nostalgic.

'I've come a long way since then, since that night when everything changed for me.' I thought to myself as I picked up my suitcases again and began to board the steam engine.

'Brother and I have been through a lot since that night, and we've had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people along the way.' I then took an empty window seat towards the middle portion of the train as memories of our long journey flooded my mind, smile on my face when I remembered the friends we'd made.

After I sat my bags beside me, I noticed how I seemed to be the only person boarding the train towards Resembool; I breathed a sigh of relief, glad it would maybe be quiet enough to where I could take a short nap before I returned back home. I then propped one of my hands on the window seal next to my seat, my gold eyes admiring the scenery outside bathed in the light of the setting sun.
'(Sigh), I don't mind sitting with other people, but it will be nice to take a nap before I get back home.' I thought, rolling hills passing faster and faster as the train began speeding up.

'I wonder how everyone is? After all, I have been away a little longer than usual.' I asked myself, noting how the golden light now turned darker as night was approaching.
'I really hope Winry made some more of her apple pie recently; Good food is one of the things I missed most before I got my body back'. I imagined all the most delicious food I could think of as I pulled out the notebook I'd kept these last few years and began flipping through it, slight chuckle escaping as I thought of how much I've thought about Apple pie the most out of all of them.

I then gently closed the book, smile coming back to my face as I glanced back out the window.
'But even so, that's not what I missed most..' I confirmed to myself, reaching absentmindedly to the small box in my pocket.
'I missed (Y/N); Even though she came with Brother and I on our long journey, I still felt I wasn't as close to her as I was when I had my body. She told me more times than I can remember, about how the armor didn't matter..that she still cared about me like she always had, that I was still her best friend.'
I felt red blush heat up my cheeks as I thought about (Y/N), my grip on the box getting tighter while my heart beat increased.
'it was one of those times, that I told (Y/N) how I really felt about her...that I loved her more than just as my best friend.'

'It's hard to believe it's been almost three years since then. (Y/N) and I were fourteen, and I was still in the armor, but I knew that I loved her..and...' I trailed off, my eyes closing as I felt the long awaited nap take me over.

'...I still love her.'

*Time Skip*

Third Person P.O.V

When Alphonse was awakened a few hours later from the jolt of the train coming to a stop, he rubbed one  his golden eyes and looked to see that the sky was still black as ink.
'I guess I slept a little longer than I thought, but it's still night out so I guess it isn't too late yet,' Alphonse thought to himself, bringing one hand up to let out a small yawn before picking up his suitcases. After he walked to the doors of the train and thanked the conductor on board, Alphonse stepped out onto the familiar concrete of the station of Resembool.