The Night We Met (Pt. 2)

A/n- hey peeps! As promised here's the part two to the chapter last Friday, "The Night We Met (Pt. 1); Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

"M-My name's (Y/N). You're very nice Al."

Alphonse sat in peace, smiling on the inside as he remembered those first words (Y/N) had ever said to him. After that night, He and (Y/N) quickly became inseparable; they did just about everything together, (Y/N) became like a younger sister to Ed, a very close friend to Winry, and (Y/N) especially grew to be close to Trisha. So that was why, (Y/N) was right by Alphonse and Edward the day she passed away.

~ And then I can tell myself, What the hell I'm supposed to do~

"I-I guess, I want to go back to that night..so I'll know exactly what I'm supposed to do. Whenever I'm with (Y/N) , She always helps me realize something I didn't see before. And I guess, that's why I have to find a way to repay her.." Alphonse thought to himself, sitting on the floor while twiddling his thumbs.

~And then I can tell myself, not to ride along with you~

"(Chuckle), (Y/N) would always worry about us and say how much trouble she knew we'd get ourselves into, and it looks like she was right; When Brother and I left home the first time, (Y/N) told me she had told herself she couldn't ride along with us on the train, since she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she went with us on our journey and she couldn't help us. But..." Alphonse trailed, pink "blush" meeting his metal cheeks.
"I-I still wanted her to go; Even if she told me she was too weak to help, I would have protected her no matter what, All I've ever wanted to do is protect her."

~I had all and then most of you some and now none of you~

Alphonse then brought his legs to his chest as he continued his thoughts, the clanking of his armor causing his sleeping brother to shift slightly in his sleep.
"At first (Y/N) and I spent every day together. Then Brother and I left home and I got to see her most of the time, whenever we had spare time. And then...it wasn't long before it turned into getting to see her sometimes, only when repairs for automail were absolutely necessary."
Alphonse moved his helmet closer to his knees, glowing eyes dimmed in loneliness.
"And right now I don't get to see her at all; I wish I had told her how I really felt the day we first left home...I wish I had told her I loved her..", the armored boy confessed in his heart.

~ When the night was full of terrors, and you're eyes were filled with tears~

"The night Brother and I tried to bring back Mom, (Y/N) looked so scared, even without saying anything; The way her eyes were filled with tears, the way she sat next to me and did her best to comfort me besides hurting too, I could tell she wanted to break down and let it all out; But despite that she was trying her best to be strong for me, she's always tried to make me still feel human."

~when you had not touched me yet, oh take me back to the night we met~

Alphonse stopped the thoughts momentarily to turn his gaze back to the window, the lights of Central illuminating the city as well as the shimmering stars above it.
"(Sigh), that's why I want to go back to the night we met..so I can see her again."

Hours later as the sun was beginning to set, the two brothers were coming back to headquarters from another assignment. As they walked, they could hear the train in the distance, it's steam barely coming over some of the taller buildings. As the brothers walked, Edward glanced over at Alphonse, wondering to himself why his little brother was so quiet.

"Um, hey Al..why are you so quiet?", Ed asked, scratching the back of his head. Alphonse looked back to his older brother, his voice sharing that of a solemn smile.
"Oh, it's nothing Brother, really; I'm alright..y-you don't have to worry about me..", Alphonse trailed, looking back ahead in the direction of headquarters, as well as the train station not too far away. Edward clearly then knew something was bothering Alphonse; And as if part of some "older brother instinct", he realized just what, or in this case who, was on his little brother's mind.
"You know Al, if it's about (Y/N) you can talk to me. I miss her too," Edward said as he looked at Alphonse, small smile on his face as his brother stopped walking, his whole helmet slowly turning the same red shade as Ed's coat.
"B-Brother! N-No it's not...W-Well I mean I d-don't..", Alphonse trailed off, metal cheeks blazing red as he rubbed his arm shyly. At first Ed didn't say anything as he put his human hand on Al's other arm, comforting smile on his face as he continued.
"Al, it's ok; I understand why you miss her, why you wanted her to come with us anyway. I mean after all, you do love her don't you?"

"Alphonse!Ed!"

When the brothers heard that voice, their eyes widened and they immediately looked in the direction of the train station; And there she was, (Y/N) stood down the street waving to them with a happy smile. While Edward smiled widely and waved back, Alphonse stood frozen. To the armored boy, it felt like a dream. He'd wanted to see (Y/N) for so long, and there she was, running towards them.

When (Y/N) finally got to the brothers, her happy smile hasn't faded as she looked at them.
"Hey (Y/N)! I didn't expect to see you here in Central," Ed said with his signature grin, happy his childhood Friend had traveled to see them. (Y/N) turned her face to Ed with a smile as she rubbed the back of her neck, eyes closed as she replied.
"I-I know Ed. I should have told you and Al I was coming, but I guess I just wanted to surprise y-"

In an instant, (Y/N) was cut off as Alphonse suddenly walked up and hugged her tightly, his large metal arms wrapped protectively around her while one of his hands found its way to her (h/l) (h/c) hair. Edward was startled a little at first at his little brother's action, but he soon smiled again and began walking to headquarters, letting the two have a moment alone.

"A-Al I..-"
"I-I love you (Y/N).."

"(Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes widened and her cheeks burned a deep red at her best friend's words, not knowing what to say as Alphonse continued on.

"I-I love you.. I wanted to say that the day Brother and I left home, but I guess at the time I didn't really know what I had until I lost it," Alphonse said as he released (Y/N) from the hug, smile in his voice.
"You don't....y-you don't know how much I've missed you (Y/N). All I've ever wanted to do is protect you, and lately all I've wanted to do is go back home so I could see you again, like I used to." Alphonse then stopped as he looked into (Y/N)'s surprised eyes, "blushing" again as he looked down.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on like that. What I'm trying to say is,I-I've been looking for a way to repay you for all you've done for me. A-And if you don't feel the same way I.."

Alphonse trailed off as (Y/N) leaned up close to his helmet and pressed her lips right where his own would be, catching him off guard as his helmet heated up intensely at the gesture. After about a minute, (Y/N) pulled away for air, setting her feet back solid on the ground as she looked up at Alphonse, her own cheeks a blazing red as well.
While (Y/N) smiled timidly up at Alphonse, him still shocked out of happiness as he stood looking at her silently with his helmet blood red, she only said one thing.

"T-The truth is, I-I've been wanting to repay you too."

The End

A/n - yo Readers! I'm gonna start off by saying sorry to you all if this turned out really cheesy or if it seemed like I didn't put too much thought into it, but for some reason today I've been suffering from procrastination, so I'm sorry If it wasn't too good. Well, guess that's all for now, so thank you all so much for reading this, I'm still updating again Friday, hope you all have a great week, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)

~ Sarah