If I Lay Here

A/n- hey guys! Once again I've thrown together another chapter for you guys and I hope you enjoy it. Well now that that's out of my system, LETS GO MY READERS! :)

Third Person P.O.V

It was another warm, sunny day in Resembool; but at the same time, for Winry and (Y/N) it wasn't because the Elric brothers had come home again. While Winry stayed home with Ed to do some upgrades to his arm, (Y/N) decided to go find Alphonse so they could catch up.

(Y/N) walked around the countryside for a few minutes before she finally saw familiar armor on a nearby hillside overlooking a field.

(Y/N) finally reached the small hill and saw that Alphonse was laying down on the ground underneath a large shade tree.

(Y/N) stood for a few moments before Alphonse noticed the quiet (h/c) haired girl waiting patiently.

"Hi Al" (Y/N) spoke smiling at her life long best friend.
"Oh hi (Y/N), I'm sorry I didn't notice you there" Alphonse replied back, now propping himself   up by his hands to better see her.

Alphonse then asked (Y/N) if she would like to sit next to him, to which she shyly replied yes as she walked closer to him. But as she got close enough to take a seat, (Y/N) suddenly felt herself falling forward  due to her tripping on a unnoticed tree root. (Y/N) then shut her (e/c) eyes, waiting for the impact of the fall to happen. But even before  she opened them,  she felt not the ground beneath her, but metal. When she did open her eyes, she realized her description was correct as she was met with a pair of glowing eyes.

A slow but noticeable blush soon appeared on (Y/N)'s face, and Al's face did no different as they just stared at each other. Alphonse had evidently  attempted to prevent (Y/N) from falling too hard, and by doing so had caused her to land on top of his armor. Al currently had his large arms wrapped around (Y/N)'s waist, (Y/N) having hers around his neck. The two were too fascinated to say anything, too fascinated with being so close to each other at that moment.

"U-Um,A-Al..I'm so s-sorry I d-didn't mean to..." (Y/N) finally responded,her evident blush still remaining as she stared into Alphonse's eyes.
"N-No it's ok (Y/N),... I-I don't r-really mind" Alphonse replied, loosening his grip so (Y/N) could get off. As she slid off of Alphonse, (Y/N) came to lay down at his side under the tree.

"Are you ok (Y/N)? You're not hurt are you?" Alphonse asked concerned,leaning his helmet over to look at (Y/N).
(Y/N), still slightly flustered from their earlier position, responded "O-Oh,no I'm fine Al. T-Thanks for c-catching me"
"O-oh, you're welcome" Al replied while one of his giant hands rubbed his neck nervously.

A few moments of silence passed before (Y/N) suddenly raised up to a sitting position.

" (Y/N)?" Al asked.
"...I-I should probably go.. I'm making you uncomfortable..so I'll j-just-"

(Y/N) suddenly stopped herself as she noticed and felt Al's gloved hand wrap around her own smaller one.

"A-Al..." (Y/N) said, her blush from earlier returning once again.

"..Please Don't go" Alphonse spoke back, his hand gently gripping onto (Y/N)'s.
(Y/N) stared into Al's glowing eyes for a few moments,before she blushed a slight pink and smiled in agreement. After about half an hour of talking and laughing, (Y/N) suddenly shifted closer to Al, her body now fitting snugly into his metal side.

Alphonse made a quiet startled sound and slightly jumped at the close contact, even despite the fact that he couldn't feel the experience. However after a few seconds he loosened up and even proceeded to cautiously wrap his left arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder in a shy attempt to bring the girl closer.

"H-Hey (Y/N)" Alphonse said.
"What is it Al?" (Y/N) asked back.

..."...I-I... I really like having you here with me; I really miss you when Brother and I leave again, s-so I really enjoy getting to spend time with y-you when we do get the chance to come back home...And I've always loved spending time with you b-because I-I..." Alphonse trailed off, a deep 'blush' suddenly appearing on his metal cheeks.

".... I love you very much Al" (Y/N) suddenly said not long after Alphonse's voice trailed off. Al suddenly jerked his helmet,only to be met with (Y/N)'s shining (e/c) eyes looking lovingly into his, his 'blush' somehow even redder than before.

"(Y-Y/N) I-I...." Alphonse said, but was unable to continue due to shock and joy that (Y/N) loved him the way he'd loved her for so many years. (Y/N) didn't waste much time in closing the already close distance between the two of them, her soft lips connected to where Al's would be. Alphonse was shocked, but didn't waste much time either in responding to the romantic display of affection as he wrapped his giant arms protectively around (Y/N)'s waist. As the two childhood best friends continued their first 'kiss', Alphonse shifted to lay flat on the ground  so (Y/N) found herself on top of his chest once again.

After their 'kiss' ended, Alphonse didn't intend on letting (Y/N) out of the embrace as she remained closely on his metal chest, she herself showing no sign that she wanted him to let her go either.

"Hey Alphonse?" (Y/N) asked as she loosened their second embrace slightly to look down into Al's glowing eyes.

"Y-Yeah?" Alphonse replied 'blushing' again.

"D-Do you think..t-that we could stay like this a little longer? I never know when you and Ed will be back home...a-and now that you know how I really f-feel...I-I just thought we c-could-"
"I want you to stay with me..right here" Al said cutting (Y/N) off with his voice sounding as if he was smiling. (Y/N) blushed again at the loving,sincere tone in Alphonse's voice, but she soon smiled and leaned her head back down to snuggle under Al's chin. Alphonse became slightly flustered at her physical response, but soon chuckled in response to her sweet gesture.

As the sun continued to set in the sky, (Y/N) fell asleep on Al's chest, a content smile on her sleeping face.

"(Chuckle), I love you too (Y/N)" Alphonse confessed,a pink 'blush' on his face as he turned his attention toward the setting sun.

'If I lay here, if I just lay here~
'Would you lie with me and just forget the world~

*THE END*

A/n- hey guys! As always I hope you loved this chapter and if you did please don't hesitate to let me know! I hope that it wasn't too rushed or cheesy, but if it was just let me know anyway :) well, guess that's all for now, so as always I hope you liked this chapter, the next chapter will be Friday, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)
~ Sarah