Echo

A/n- Hey guys! as usual here's the next chapter that I hope you all enjoy. Also if you don't mind, please listen to the song above while you read and check out the picture I found above; Well then, LET'S  GO!!   :)

Third Person P.O.V

"Hello? Is anyone out there?"

Alphonse closed his glowing eyes and saw himself, his real body at the gate of Truth. For a while he hadn't been sure about just exactly how this was possible, but now he realized it didn't really matter; The only thing that mattered to the armored boy now, was simply the fact that he could see his real body... The fact that it was there.

'~I don't really know where the world is, but I miss it now~'

As Alphonse continued watching his body sit at the gate, he could feel that that part of him didn't exactly know where the real world was. And even if his body wasn't saying anything, he could tell it missed it...home.

'~Sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright but it's never enough~'

Alphonse soon opened his glowing eyes, glancing his helmet in the direction of his sleeping brother Ed, and then to (Y/N)'s small form in the other bed. The three of them were once again in their shared guest room at Central, still in search of the Philosopher's Stone.
"Whenever I close my eyes, I try and pretend that I'm alright..because I don't want to cause anyone more worry or trouble. But..." Alphonse trailed off in his own thoughts, the only things that were able to keep him company for most of the night while Ed and (Y/N) had to sleep. He then gripped his gloved hands that rested in his lap slightly, thoughts returning.

'~Cause my echo, echo~'
'~Is the only voice coming back~'

"Sometimes I can't help but want to tell them about it...to tell (Y/N) about it; I've always been able to tell her about anything, s-so why? Why can't I just tell her how I'm really feeling?"

Unbeknownst to Alphonse, his armor was shaking rather badly, causing (Y/N) to quietly stir in her sleep. While Alphonse had his helmet still downcast towards the floor, he didn't notice (Y/N) silently raise up in her bed, rubbing her (e/c) eyes as she became more awake.

"A-Alphonse? Is something wrong?", (Y/N) asked in a low whisper so to not wake up Edward who hadn't woken up, the girl still rubbing one of her eyes a little. Alphonse immediately raised his helmet up to meet (Y/N)'s gaze, his armor still shaking. (Y/N)'s eyes widened when she noticed this and, as quietly as she could, got up out of her bed, her wrapping her arms around her now cold shoulders as she left the warmth of her blankets. When she'd finally made the quiet and seemingly long walk over to where Alphonse sat on the floor, (Y/N) bent down to his level, concern in her features.

"Al, what's wrong? If you want you can talk to me, you know you can," (Y/N) said to the boy, her then turning her head back afterwards to see Edward stir in his sleep, the Fullmetal Alchemist shifting to where his head faced away from them and then faced the direction of the window.

(Y/N) turned back to Alphonse, his gaze moving from her soft, (e/c) eyes to her now extended hand waiting for him to take it in his own large one, a smile on her beautiful face.
"Maybe it might be best if we don't talk in here; After all, we'll never here the end of it if we wake up Ed will we?"