I Choose You (Request Chapter #5)

Start writing your story

A/n- Hi guys! like usual every week here's the latest chapter that I hope you enjoy. This is also (obviously) another request chapter by 

@SmuggleMuffin for her special birthday chapter! today is her birthday and I promised her id make a chapter for her. She mentioned to me that she wanted it to be a little angsty where Alphonse thinks Reader won't like him because he's in the armor. So thank you SmuggleMuffin for another great request (also happy birthday!), and LETS GO!! :)                                                                (The song above, "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles, was also requested by SmuggleMuffin for this specific chapter)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I laid in the soft green grass, (e/c) eyes fluttering open slowly to be met with the warm sun above me. As I laid there, I sighed in contentment as a warm breeze continued flowing all around me, small smile all the while on my face.

'I wish Al was here with me right now. Even if he can't feel anything yet, he's always enjoyed the warmer weather, and since fall just started all this warmth will be gone soon'

I thought to myself. Sitting up and propping myself with my hands, my mind was unable to stop thinking about the boy I held so dear to her heart. I then looked in the direction of Winry's house, smile with a light blush coming onto my cheeks as I saw the youngest Elric brother contenly petting Den in the yard.

'I guess Al's always been like that, simple; Ever since we were all little, he's always enjoyed the simple things in life. That's one reason why I...' i  trailed off, my blush worsening while I quickly shook my head and put it between my legs in embarrassment at my own thoughts.

"It's getting worse! I'm already blushing just thinking about him and he's not even here right now!" , My said to myself, slowly raising my head from between my legs to then rest it on top of my knees. 

'It's strange, after all these years of me being too afraid to tell Al how I really feel, I still blush every time I think about him; it's almost like I can't stop myself from doing it, like it's a natural response for me. But I guess..' i trailed again, stopping my thoughts momentarily to smile again at Alphonse, who was tackled by a happy Den.

'That's what being in love is.'

Alphonse's P.O.V

I sat in Winry's backyard, playing with Den while Brother got some more auto-mail repairs. And occasionally, I found myself unable to stop glancing my metal helmet up to (Y/N) sitting on a small hill not too far away. 

'Why is she still able to look so beautiful by doing absolutely nothing?' I asked myself, (Y/N) filling my thoughts completely as I continued admiring her. Heat rose to my helmet almost immediately as I shook it quickly, trying to get her out of my head. 

'Why can't I stop doing that?! I need to control myself...' I said to myself, trying my best to deny it. 'its time that I stopped this..thinking this way about her. After all, I'just this suit of armor, a giant piece of metal,' i thought glancing down to my other free gloved hand that wasn't still petting Den.