Young Love

A/n - Hi guys! I was brainstorming about what to do for this chapter and I soon thought that the scene above from Inuyasha would be adorable for an update; So please watch the video directly above this author note before you read this chapter so you'll get more of an idea of what it's about, and please play the very first video above this one if you want background music while you read. Well enough of me chattering, LETS DO THIS!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

It was a night like every other night. A night that consisted of Edward, Alphonse, and (Y/N) spending another night around a campfire on their long journey. While Edward was fast asleep by now, (Y/N) however found herself not being able to sleep as she sat close to the fire trying her best to stay warm. Alphonse not being able to sleep himself, decided to keep (Y/N) company as long as she wanted too. When they suddenly drifted into a comfortable silence while gazing at the twinkling stars above through the trees, (Y/N) started sneezing. While she silently hoped he wouldn't notice, Alphonse of course did.

"Huh?" Al asked as he looked over at said girl sneezing again. Alphonse didn't say anything as he then leaned behind him to get an extra blanket. "Here, you should put this on so you don't catch a cold" Alphonse advised as he placed it around (Y/N)'s shoulder. "Thanks Al" (Y/N) replied but soon unintentionally ruined the moment as she sneezed once more. "Guess I'm too late huh?" Al asked jokingly but still concerned. "Or somebody's probably just gossiping about me" (Y/N) said jokingly but was soon stopped by Al becoming only inches from her face.

"Even though it won't do me any good to feel your forehead, you don't look like you have a fever yet. I'll tell Brother in the morning, and the town we're passing through is larger than the last one, so they probably have a doctor in the town or at the very least one close by" Alphonse said as if to subtly clarify why he was so close to (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) only blushed as Al looked back at the fire and , soon found herself leaning onto his metal chest. "Thanks Al, thank you for looking after me" (Y/N) confessed as she closed her eyes and blushed darker.

"U-um, you look l-like your starting to get w-warm" Al commented flustered and somehow 'blushing'.

"It's  ok Al, don't worry" (Y/N) said quietly.

At first Alphonse didn't quite know how to respond to this little moment, but soon he slowly, and at first hesitantly, moved his leather  hand behind (Y/N), putting it finally firmly around her shoulder. "You should know by now that I'll always worry about you (Y/N), for the rest of my life" Alphonse said blushing light pink at the last part. (Y/N ) only snuggled closer and responded "Yeah I guess I should huh?". Al was once again stiffened, but soon relaxed rubbing (Y/N)'s shoulder comfortingly.

As they sat once again in comfortable silence, (Y/N) silently started to doze off. But just as sleep was finally starting to take a hold of her, she said something that she probably wouldn't have said had she been fully awake.

"Hey Al?" (Y/N) asked groggily.

"W-what is it (Y/N)?" Al asked back gently.

".....I love you Al...."

If Al hadn't been blushing deep red before, he definitely was now as he quickly turned his helmet toward (Y/N) and stared at her in disbelief. 'I love you. I love you. I love you?!' Alphonse said over and over again in his mind. Whether or not he believed that this was all just a dream, and a dream come true at that, Al knew that he had to finally give (Y/N) an answer.

"I-I...... I love you t-too (Y/N)" confessed Al, silently glad he had finally gotten it off his chest.

As the new young lovers, one of them asleep with a blush and a smile still on her face, sat with both of their hands intertwined they had never felt a more peaceful and blissful moment in their entire teenage lives. And of course they were able to keep the feeling the rest of the night since they never found out that Edward had silently woken up sometime during the romantic moment and had heard their 'secret' confession.

The Fullmetal Alchemist smiled to himself once more at the sight of his little brother holding on lovingly and protectively to his dear friend, before laying down once more thinking to himself   'I guess Winry was right. The two of us aren't the only ones growing up.'

*The End*

A/n- what's up my peoples!! I hope this chapter wasn't too short or rushed, but I hope you really liked it regardless. I think I've got the ideas for maybe the next two chapters, but I guess we'll all find out when they get published. Well I guess that's all I've got for now, so thank you all so much for reading this, please leave a comment and tell mewhat you thought of it if you don't mind, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)
~Sarah