Another Late Night (Request Chapter #14)

A/N- Hey guys! As usual here's the next chapter that I hope you all enjoy; this is another request/idea chapter that was submitted to me by SmuggleMuffin , that I personally HAD to do because it is so cute and adorable. After this one I have two more request ideas I will be making into chapters, but still feel free to send me any good ones that any of you out there might have because I always love hearing ideas from you guys and it does really help me out; And, I have some soft music above for background noise that you all can tap/click if you want to. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

"(Y-Y/N), you know you don't have to do this for me,r-right?", Alphonse asked (Y/N), his glowing eyes resting on her as he watched her walk over to him.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly at Alphonse's comment, until a smile came to rest on her face as she took a seat on the floor next to him.

"And you should know by now, that I don't mind doing this at all," (Y/N) commented back while she took her place next to Alphonse on the hardwood floor.
She started again, moving her knees towards her chest.
"I mean it's the least I could do. I might not be able to do a lot of things for you Al, but this isn't one of those things."

Alphonse looked over at (Y/N). He had listened intently to every word she'd said, and yet despite his slight protest for her sake, he jokingly sighed and nodded his helmet. To (Y/N), she knew that was one way for Alphonse to say that he agreed with her.
Lately for the past few nights, (Y/N) had been trying her best to stay up later with Alphonse; And each time, she always told him it was because she wanted to keep him company.

"I-I just don't think it's very fair that Ed and I get to sleep through the night, a-ad you have to sit awake all by yourself," she'd told him the first night, praying that it was dark enough in the rom to where he wouldn't see her blush. (Y/N) had known the Elric brothers for a very long time, and as the years rolled by, she couldn't deny the fact that she was in love with her best friend. So while she did stay awake later some nights to keep Alphonse company, she was also secretly doing it because she wanted an excuse to spend more time with him.

(Y/N) smiled to herself as she heard Alphonse's helmet clanking in a 'ok' motion.
" See? You like this too admit it," (Y/N) said in a lighthearted way, hoping to get a chuckle out of her friend.

And sure enough, that's exactly what she got.

"(Chuckle) Ok, you're right as usual, I-I do enjoy this..", Alphonse replied in an honest way.
(Y/N) tried, but she couldn't stop herself from blushing at Al. He had said the last part so sweetly, that she immediately felt her cheeks heat up. Even if he didn't know it, (Y/N) was happy that her heart raced knowing that he enjoyed her company.
She smiled again and rested her chin on top of her knees, her arms wrapped around her legs.

"....M-Me too Al.."

For the next two hours, (Y/N) and Alphonse sat on the floor and talked. To most people if they had seen the two of them at that moment, they wouldn't have thought it was a very interesting conversation. But those people would have been wrong; Every conversation between them was interesting, no matter how simple it might be. Because both of them enjoyed it. They always enjoyed the moments they had together, even if it was just talking like this.

"It's kind've funny how after all these years Ed still hasn't beaten you at sparring," (Y/N) commented as she put her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing.
Alphonse tried sounding confident and pretended to pop his knuckles, which only made (Y/N) find him even more adorable.
"Well, Brother has always given our matches his best effort, so I like to always give him extra points for trying. Even when I beat him again," Alphonse said proudly.
Alphonse blushed Crimson red when he heard (Y/N) giggle, her body shaking slightly to control her laughter.