I'm Still Here

A/n- Hello everyone! I have officially survived my first week of school, and as promised I'm updating once again. I saw this video above on YouTube, and I thought that it and the song "I'm Still Here" from Treasure Planet was like Al's theme song cause the lyrics describe him perfectly, so without further delay LETS GO MY READERS!!!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

'I am a question to the world~'
'Not an answer to be heard~'
'Or a moment that's held in your arms~'

Alphonse Elric found himself thinking these words on a daily basis to himself. 'As long as I'm in this armor, most people will never treat me like another human being.. Most will just see me as a metal shell' Al thought as he looked down and gripped his giant leather hands.

'And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't listen anyway~'
'You don't know me,~'

'And I'll never be what you want me to be~'

'As long as I'm like this.. No one will really know me besides Brother, Winry and Pinako. Most people are probably scared of me, and are so afraid that their afraid to say anything about my condition' he thought.

' Even though I known Brother Winry and Pinako care about me, there are some days when I feel like only one person really understands me... (Y/N)' Alphonse thought blushing slightly in the process.

'And you see the things they never see~'
'All you wanted I could be~'
'Now you know me, and I'm not afraid~'

'Ever since that day, (Y/N) has always treated me the same. She never once treated me like I wasn't still a human, and even though Brother and Winry try their best everyday, No one makes me feel like (Y/N) does...Really feel inside my heart. I've been in love with her for years... And every time I say that to myself, I always think back to when I questioned if I really was human...and   (Y/N) said...'

* Flashback Towards The End Of That Episode *

Edward and Winry had finally found Al after hours of searching after he ran away, and poor (Y/N) had been worried sick. See she'd been in love with Al too for many years, but felt that he didn't return her feelings. After pacing in her room at Central headquarters for hours, she saw the two blondes and Al walking towards the main entrance. " Al..." (Y/N) said quietly before she ran out of her room, not even giving the three time to enter the building.

As Ed, Winry and Alphonse were nearing the door, (Y/N) suddenly burst from said door panting slightly. Ed and Winry were surprised at first, but soon turned to each other and smiled knowing now why (Y/N) was in such a hurry. "U-uh (Y/N), what's wrong? why are you-" Alphonse started but was cut off by (Y/N) suddenly running forward and wrapped her smaller arms around Al's neck the best she could. The Fullmetal Alchemist and Winry smiled knowingly at the sight and proceeded to walk into headquarters while not saying a word.

"U-um, (Y/N)?" Al asked flustered but also concerned as he finally wrapped his metal arms around the (h/c) girl. He didn't hear an audible response at first, but instead her muffled sniffles and saw (Y/N) bury her face deeper into the crook of his neck. "I-I was so worried a-about you! Do y-you k-know how long I paced back and forth w-worrying where you w-were!?..o-or even if you w-were.." (Y/N) lamented while tears streamed down her face. "(Y/N) I... I'm sorry I made you worry so much about me" Al said stroking the (h/c) girl's hair gently. "It's ok Al, really. You're not h-hurt are you?" (Y/N) asked. "No it's not  okay (Y/N)! I-I made you worry for nothing" Alphonse responded wiping her tears with his big thumb.

" You were in pain Al, maybe not physically, but you were hurting on the inside, and I don't really blame you. I mean of course I'm a little angry with you, but that's only because I thought I'd lost you.. Not because I don't understand why. If I was in your shoes, I probably would've questioned if I was human at some point too after being like this for so long. But just promise me you won't ever do something like this again, and that you'll tell me if you're upset next time or if you just need someone to talk to... And if you ever find yourself questioning your humanity again, and if you feel alone, just always remember..." (Y/N) said but suddenly trailed off at the end. "A-Always remember what?" Al asked.

".... I'm still here"

* End of Flashback*

' When (Y/N) said that to me, I finally was able to tell her what I'd wanted to say for what felt like a lifetime. 'I-I love you...' At the time I'd finally confessed those words for the first time, I didn't care about anything else, *chuckle* but immediately afterwards I somehow blushed deep red as the realization finally set in. But somehow, (Y/N) soon replied ' I love you too..' And kissed my metal cheek. At first I couldn't believe what I just heard. A girl actually loved  me..(Y/N) loved me, and from the way she said it, I knew that those three words and everything else she'd said had truly come from her heart.'

As Al ran the event that had happened only one week ago through his mind, he saw (Y/N) (his now official girlfriend) walking towards him. "Hey Al! Ed is ready to get going to Risembool again for repairs. Are you ready to go?" (Y/N) asked cheerfully and gently while she shyly reached out her hand. "Mhm, let's go back home (Y/N)" Al answered happily as he reached out and took (Y/N)'s smaller hand gently into his own larger one and intertwined their fingers. While they walked down the streets of Central to meet Edward at the train station and blushed slightly most of the way at the new physical contact, Al thought to himself as his older Brother finally came into view and waved ' Now that I know (Y/N)'s always here with me, I realize that I can chart my own course, and I don't think I feel alone anymore.'

'And I want a moment to be real, wanna touch things I don't feel~'

'Wanna hold on, and feel I belong~'

'And how can they say I never change, their the ones that stay the same~'

'I'm the one now, Cause I'm still here~'

*The End*

A/n- Hi everybody! I hope this chapter was long enough and that you guys really enjoyed it! I've always thought that "I'm Still Here" was Al's perfect theme song cause the lyrics in the song were so relatable to Al, and I feel that Treasure Planet deserved more recognition than what it got because it was just a great movie, but for some reason it didn't make as much money when it first came out as Disney thought it would. Well anyways, I hope you guys really liked this chapter and I hope I'm not terribly late, but the first week back at school has kinda worn me out with all the homework,studying, getting up earlier etc. So with all that said, thank you all so much for reading this, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)
~ Sarah