You and Me

A/n- hi guys!! Here's the newest chapter I hope you enjoy :). Well then, LETS GO!! :)
Also please listen to the song above while you read called "you and me" by Ben rector.

Third Person P.O.V

'It's been a really long time since we've been home, I almost didn't recognize everyone. I just wonder...if (Y/N) even recognizes me anymore...especially since I'm...still a freak. I bet she's become even more beautiful since we left home, so she's probably forgot all about me...' Alphonse thought to himself as he walked with his brother down the dirt road to Winry's house.
'(Sigh), I guess I've been pretty stupid all these years haven't I? After all, (Y/N)'s always been there, right by my side. She's my best friend but I... I should probably just forget about that, it'd be for the best. Besides....
...the two of us could never be together anyway.'

"Hey Al, what's up you've been really quiet," Edward said as he looked over at Alphonse in worry. Alphonse jerked his thoughts away from the (h/c) haired girl and waved his hands in a nervous manner.
"O-Oh it's n-nothing Brother r-really! I-I was just..thinking,that's all..", Alphonse replied back nervously as he tilted his helmet back down towards the ground while they walked. Edward however let out an annoyed sigh, not buying any of it.
"It's about (Y/N), isn't it?", Edward asked, causing Alphonse to slightly jump as he stopped, Ed then doing the same.

The younger Elric remained motionless and silent while his brother continued.
"Look Al, I know how you really feel about (Y/N). And I get it, you're scared she doesn't feel the same so you're just going to leave it alone right?", Ed asked, to which Alphonse silently nodded his helmet in response. Edward then walked over to his little brother and tried his best to pat him on his metal shoulder in a reassuring way.

"But if you really love her, then you can't just give up on how you feel,even though you think there might not be any chance of it working. If you want my opinion, I don't think she gives a damn what you look like; (Y/N)'s been there for both of us, even when she didn't have to. So do you really think a girl like that would judge her feelings for you based on what you look like?" Edward said, all the while looking ahead down the road from embarrassment at his words, his hand still on Al's shoulder. Alphonse was stunned to hear such words from his older brother, or how high of an opinion he held for (Y/N), but he simply smiled to himself as he suddenly hugged Edward.

"H-Hey come on Al what's-"
"Thank you Brother...," Alphonse quickly said, while Ed sighed again with a smile on his face as he patted Al back in response.
"Yeah, no problem Al."

When the brothers reached the end of the dirt road, Alphonse let out an unnecessary gulping sound from nervousness, knowing (Y/N) was probably visiting with Winry. The two girls were like sisters, (Y/N) being like the younger,timid one and Winry being the older more protective one. Edward gave Alphonse one more pat on the shoulder before Winry opened the door to greet them.
"Don't worry Al, just...remember what Mom used to tell us. She used to say,' All you need is twenty seconds of courage, and I promise, something wonderful will come from it'.. Right?" Edward said, trying his best to smile at his brother at the memory of their mother.
Alphonse stood still as he remembered what their mother had told them, until he nodded back in response, a solemn smile behind the armor.

Right afterwards Winry suddenly opened her front door, smiling at the two brothers.
"Well look who decided to come back home! (Giggle) it's great to see you boys again.." Winry said with a closed eyed smile. Edward in response to this blushed slightly pink as he looked to the side, while Alphonse chuckled at his brother while he rubbed the back of his helmet in a bashful way. However a certain someone soon caught the attention of the armored boy, quietly appearing in the doorway behind Winry.