You'll Be In My Heart

A/n - Hi guys! Like usual here's the next chapter and I hope you all enjoy; Also please listen to the original version of "You'll Be In My Heart" above while you read if you want to, or check out the piano version I found below. Well then,LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

Alphonse and (Y/N) walked together down the streets of Central, now returning to headquarters after finishing an errand. (Y/N) had grown up with the Elric brothers and had begun playing with them and Winry at a very young age, and now she had been traveling with them in their search to return to normal, helping with her alchemy.
(Y/N) turned her head towards Alphonse as they walked side by side, her looking up at his glowing eyes with a smile on her face and closed eyes. It's for that reason that (Y/N) didn't notice the light pink "blush" that appeared instantly on Alphonse's metal cheeks, accompanied also by him chuckling softly while rubbing the back of his neck. As they continued to walk in comfortable silence, (Y/N) looked around and noticed different people around the streets give them strange looks; She noticed the looks most of the people gave them were ones of disgust or fear, and confusion. And as she looked closer, (Y/N) noticed some of them had their hands up to their mouths telling her they were whispering to each other about something...or someone.

"Why do you think that girl is walking with that strange suit of armor?"
"I don't know, but who do you think he is? And isn't it rather odd to where something like that out in the city?"
"Hey I've seen those two around Central plenty of times, and whoever the guy is every time I've seen them he always has the thing on!"
"What a scary looking thing that armor is! I know I wouldn't want to wear something like that out in public."

"Al doesn't want to wear it; ..... He doesn't have a choice," (Y/N) thought to herself in response.

While (Y/N) still heard the gossiping people talk degradingly among themselves, she turned her attention to Alphonse, who only looked on ahead silently. (Y/N) gave Alphonse a sympathetic look, knowing that even though his quiet, emotionless face might lead others to believe he hadn't heard what some of the people were saying...(Y/N) knew otherwise.

After the walk back to headquarters that seemed to never end due to what the rude people had been saying, Alphonse and (Y/N) finally made it back to one of their two guest rooms, Alphonse and Edward sharing one and (Y/N) in the other. While Alphonse sat the supplies they'd picked up on the table, (Y/N) sat on one of the rooms two beds, her silently watching the armored boy thoughtfully. The longer she sat on the edge of the bed, the longer one thought kept burning deeper and deeper into her mind. Even though she didn't want to see Alphonse upset, (Y/N) knew she had to ask her question or it would only bother her all night long. As Alphonse began taking the items out of the bag, (Y/N) rose from her sitting position on the bed, both of her hands holding each other in nervousness.

"Alphonse....you heard what those people said, didn't you?"
Hearing (Y/N) ask that question caused Alphonse's glowing eyes to widened and his metal body to jerk slightly, the armor also clanking as he did. The only response (Y/N) was given from Alphonse was him silently nodding his helmet to say yes, before he turned from the table to face her.
"I-It's ok (Y/N). I did hear what those people said earlier...but, I'm used to it after all," Alphonse responded, then casting his helmet down slightly as to avoid eye contact.
(Y/N) then began to walk slowly towards Alphonse, comforting smile finding its way to her face before she replied back.
"But it's not true Al, especially not just because those people said so."
"I-If it isn't true, then why have so many people said the same things about me all this time?", Alphonse asked back, his helmet still downcast as his gloved hands he gripped began shaking, him not noticing (Y/N) walking closer to him.
"Al, that's not true-"
"(Y/N) Look at me!", Alphonse exclaimed cutting (Y/N) off. His glowing eyes widened however when he made eye contact with (Y/N)'s face, comforting smile for him to see.
(Y/N) then reached out her hand to touch Alphonse's metal arm, running up slowly to his helmet as she spoke.
"I am Al, and do you know what I see?", (Y/N) asked as her hand met his helmet, stopping it to trace lines under his eyes. Despite the seriousness of the conversation, Alphonse found that he was unable to stop the light "blush" that came to his helmet at the contact, even if he couldn't feel it.
"U-Uh.."
"I-I see two eyes, not that different from mine..and there's a nose (giggle) somewhere," (Y/N) added with a small laugh, causing Alphonse to laugh slightly as well.
"And inside...", (Y/N) added trailing her hand to his chest-plate.
"There's a soul, just like mine," (Y/N) said, pink blush rising to her cheeks while she looked up at Alphonse with a smile.
"(Y-Y/N)..."
"The two of us might look different on the outside, but deep inside us...we're not that different at all. Al, you don't have to worry about what people like that say, because you're a human..just like I am. The more people like that that I've saw, I've realized they don't understand the bond we have..because they just don't trust what they can't explain. They don't understand what a nice,kind person you are because of what they see on the outside. But,I'm sure that if they spent time with you, and if they knew what you've been through, they would see you the way I do. You'll be in my heart Al, no matter what they say. The only thing I don't understand is why they just can't see the you inside...", (Y/N) trailed off while she continued looking up at Alphonse with a smile. However, the longer she looked up at him, she soon realized what she'd said and that her hand still rested on his chest-plate .