I Like You

A/n- Hi guys! As usual here's the newest chapter I hope you like; I also strongly advise you listen to the song above while you read since it's absolutely adorable. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

* Risembol, 1914 *

'Okay Alphonse, it's simple. Just knock on the door and..a-ask to go for a walk...simple, I hope.'

Alphonse Elric prepared himself before he nervously sighed and shakingly knocked on the wooden door. Today was the day that Alphonse decided he would finally confess his feelings to his best friend, (Y/N). He'd been weighing his feelings for her for a long time, and now that he was certain without any doubt, he didn't want to wait anymore. Alphonse determined he'd waited long enough already, yet the armored boy was still nervous beyond belief as he knocked on (Y/N)'s front door. Even though he still had not gotten his body back yet, Alphonse felt his heart about to beat out of his chest-plate. Despite him being utterly scared, Alphonse nervously took in a not needed gulp of air, before his metal cheeks turned red when the door suddenly opened.

There in the doorway stood (Y/N), hand resting on the door as she looked at Alphonse, slightly blushing from the sudden visit.
"O-Oh, hi Al, I was actually about to go over to Winry's to visit you and Ed before you left again," (Y/N) said as she shyly pulled a strand of her (h/l) (h/c) hair behind her ear, slightly blushing. The heat on Alphonse's metal cheeks simultaneously rose as he rubbed his metal neck nervously, thinking again to himself.
'I can't believe it's taken me seven years. Seven years to debate how I felt about such a beautiful girl.'

"I-Is everything ok Al?" (Y/N) asked worriedly.
Alphonse suddenly then snapped out of his own thoughts as he frantically waved his hands in front of himself.
"O-Oh of course (Y/N)! There's nothing wrong at all I-I just u-um..." Al said, fumbling with his gloved hands while he looked down, 'blush' ever increasing.
"Y-Yes Al?", asked (Y/N) while her cheeks turned red instead of a light pink like earlier.
"Wouldyouliketotakeawalkwithme?!", Alphonse hurriedly asked, not pausing between the words as he bowed his helmet downward in embarrassment.

"...I-I'd love too Al," (Y/N) quietly responded, smiling as she continued to blush at the youngest Elric's sweet demeanor. Alphonse then raised his helmet in surprise, glowing eyes slightly widened as a sound of happiness came echoing from his helmet.
Alphonse then walked closer to (Y/N) until he stood on the first step of her porch, silently holding out his hand for her to take it. (Y/N) then blushed a light pink again as she smiled, setting her hand in his own as they walked down the road.

As the two walked down the road enjoying the sunny day, Alphonse couldn't help but look down at their hands that were still together. A blush rose to his helmet at this, the simple thought that he was actually holding (Y/N)'s hand at that moment. Of course they were best friends, and had held hands as small children years before.. But Alphonse knew that this was different..and he didn't mind it at all. Even though he couldn't feel it, he still sighed contently to himself as they continued to walk, to which (Y/N) noticed, but didn't say anything as she simply smiled and looked back at the road ahead.

"So Al, w-where are we going exactly? I-I mean I was just wondering that's all," (Y/N) asked, quietly holding Al's hand tighter.
"O-Oh, I guess I didn't really think of that. W-We can go wherever you want to go (Y/N). (Chuckle), But we can't go too far since Brother and Winry might send a search party for us, not to mention your father", Alphonse responded as he laughed to himself. Alphonse's glowing eyes then widened slightly as he noticed (Y/N) rub her thumb over his hand she held, blushing again as she did.
"E-Even if they do, I'm spending time with you...so I don't care Al," (Y/N) said, smiling to her best friend. This caused Alphonse's helmet to turned bright red again as he stared at the girl's smile, to which then the two quickly looked away from each other.

"L-Let's stop here for a little while (Y/N), i-if you don't mind.." Asked Alphonse asked as he pointed to a field next to the dirt road. (Y/N) only nodded as she smiled, letting Alphonse then lead her to the blowing grass. The two sat down at the same time, their thighs touching when they did, causing them to blush heavily. Alphonse raised his helmet to look over at (Y/N), who did the same as she stared into his glowing orbs. The very obvious 'blush' on Al's metal cheeks was even more pronounced as they both still looked at each other, before he shakingly broke the silence.

"U-Um, I-I...there's something I have to t-tell you (Y/N).."
"W-What is it A-Al? You can tell me anything.." (Y/N) responded as she put her hand over Al's gloved one, to which he responded by intertwining them, holding (Y/N)'s hand gently.
"(Gulp), W-Well, I've been thinking..for a very long time. And I-I've realized something I should have a long time ago..", Alphonse began, looking down at (Y/N)'s delicate hand he held protectively in his own large one, his whole helmet red.
"Y-You realized what?" (Y/N) asked, shyly looking at the boy. (Y/N)'s cheeks turned beet red as Alphonse rubbed her hand he held, just like she had earlier to his while she looked down at them, until Alphonse suddenly rested his metal forehead against her's.

"I-I realized.....that I like you (Y/N), I-I like you more than just my best friend. I've not been sure about it for about seven years now, and to be honest, I didn't understand it then but..now I do; I like you even when I don't try to..(Y/N), feeling this way about you..i-is something I don't even have to think about. You've always been the kind of person I know I can be myself around..and you've stood by me even without a body all these years. (Y/N), something like that, is something I will never forget. I-I do like you (Y/N)...that's the truth," Alphonse confessed, his blood red helmet still resting on (Y/N)'s as a smile could be heard in his voice. Tears soon ran down (Y/N)'s cheeks as she looked at Al, to which he then reached his gloved thumb to stroke them from obscuring her vision.

"B-But, (sniffle), I-I don't understand. Out of all the people...w-why would you choose m-me A-Al?" (Y/N) asked as tears continued to fall. The tears then stopped flowing when Alphonse reached his hand to cup (Y/N)'s cheek,her (e/c) orbs widening as her blush turned an unknown shade of dark red.
"Because, I've learned over the years that life.. isn't about the mountain tops. It's about the walking you do in between...a-and I like you walking next to me on the way to the mountains. And whenever I get to the top of one..I-I sill want you right there beside me, I want you next to me forever (Y/N). I have no hesitation about it whatsoever, cause you're the only person who's ever been able to make me smile every single time I thought smiling was the last thing I'd do..", Alphonse said as he rubbed (Y/N)'s cheek, smile still in his voice. (Y/N)'s eyes produced tears again as she smiled back after a small laugh. However,not much time passed before (Y/N) quickly leaned forward, shyly pressing her soft lips to Al's helmet where his own would be. His eyes automatically widened in response, but he soon tried to reciprocate to the gesture by leaning his helmet forward, eyes dimming as he depend the kiss. Alphonse then felt (Y/N) timidly pull him down with her as she laid down on the grass, him then putting his hands on either side of her head while her's went around his neck. Eventually soon, (Y/N) had to pull away to breathe,looking contently up at Alphonse while she smiled, a blush tugging at both their faces.

Alphonse then rested his helmet back on (Y/N)'s forehead as he leaned down to her, the two giggling at the other.
"I know I said I like you (Y/N)...b-but I really liked that too, I liked it a lot."
(Y/N) then chuckled again as she closed her eyes before kissing Al's helmet again, causing him to 'blush' again.
"Me too Al, a-and I really like you too. And..." (Y/N) trailed off as Alphonse came down to bring his helmet to kiss her again.

...I-I think I could like you forever too."

The End

A/n- hi peeps! I'm gonna cut is author note shorter since this chapter got kinda long :). I especially hope you liked the song I used from Ben Rector called "I Like You". I fell in love with this song and "liked it" the first time I heard it so if you enjoyed it please check out more of Ben Rector's music. Well, guess that's all for now, so thank you all so much for reading this, I'll update again next Friday if nothing happens, I hope you all have a safe, great weekend , and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH-BYE!!!! :)
~ Sarah