Only Us (Request Chapter#15)

A/n- Hey guys! Your author is now officially 17 as of yesterday, so with that here's the next chapter that I hope you enjoy; this is another request/idea chapter by SmuggleMuffin , with some nice background music courtesy of her as well (thank you SmuggleMuffin!). Well then, LETS GO!! :)
(P.s. PLEASE listen to this really sweet song that was requested with this chapter!)

Song request: "Only Us"-Dear Evan Hansen

(Y/N) P.O.V

I sat outside with Alphonse, the cool breeze blowing my (h/l) (h/c) hair all around me; Spring would be coming soon so the windy days had finally started, but today it was just the right amount of cool breeze and sunshine.

I was sitting next to Alphonse as I quietly read my book, him holding onto my other hand that was intertwined with his much larger one.

"We can go back inside if you want (Y/N); I-I mean if it gets too windy for-"

"Al it's ok,really; Besides I've always loved windy days, even if it kinda blows my hair everywhere," I quickly responded, trying by best to convince my boyfriend that I would be completely fine.
All Alphonse did was blush a light pink and nod his helmet in a 'ok', gently squeezing my hand that he held.
I smiled at his adorable reaction and continued to read my book, absentmindedly running my thumb along his gloved hand.

I had known Alphonse for what felt like forever,and now that same boy that felt as if he had always been a part of me was my boyfriend. It was a relationship I had dreamed of having with him for years, and even though it had recently become reality, it was still an amazing thing for me to think about. It was like I had wanted it to be like this for so long, and now that it had actually happened it still felt like a dream. But, if it was a dream sitting here with him and just quietly enjoying each other's company....it was definitely a dream I never wanted to wake up from.

We spent most of our free time like this whenever Al, Ed,and myself came home every now and then; It was just me and Alphonse, sitting together while enjoying the good day. This was something that we always tried to do together, at least about an hour during the day.
Whenever the two of us could sneak away and be alone, this is usually what we did. Maybe someday I'll be able to tell Al how much I enjoy these moments with him.

Just as I finished another chapter of my book, I felt Alphonse grip my hand a little tighter, catching my attention as I read the last sentence.
I looked over to the side at him in slight concern, the wind still blowing my hair.

"...Al? Is something wrong?" I gently asked, running my thumb along his hand. I knew that because of his armored body he couldn't feel it, but I did it to try and let him know if he was upset, I wanted to comfort him.

Silent moments passed before I heard Alphonse's childlike voice echo out of his armor.

"...(Y/N),c-can I ask you something?", He asked, turning his helmet towards me as he did.

I shifted my body on the ground to where I had fully turned to him, showing that he had my full attention now; It wasn't hard at all for me to figure out that, whenever Alphonse sounded like that..something was on his mind.

"..Alphonse, tell me what's wrong. If something's on your mind you can always-"

"I-Is this really enough for you?" Alphonse quickly interjected, cutting me off while he looked into my (e/c) eyes with his glowing ones. The way he asked that... He just sounded so unsure and scared.