By Your Side

A/n- Hi everyone! So like usual here's the next chapter I hope you all enjoy; Also like I requested in the last chapter please listen to the song above while you read since it was the inspiration for the chapter. Also... I've decided to do a face reveal! So you'll see that at the end of this chapter. Well then, LETS GO!! :)

Third Person P.O.V

It had now been roughly about two months since the Promised Day; That also meant, that it had now been two months since Alphonse's soul had been reunited with his body again. Ever since that day, Alphonse and Edward had been home in Resembool, enjoying making up for all their lost time searching for the Philosopher's Stone; And like so many other days since the brothers' return, Alphonse sat in Winry's yard, his golden eyes closed as he enjoyed the warm, breezy day with a content smile on his features.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it Al?"

Alphonse then opened his gold eyes and turned to the side, meeting the soft gaze of his best friend (Y/N); She had been there from the very beginning, from the night of the human transmutation, to when the brothers left for the Philosopher's Stone...until now. Alphonse first responded by simply nodding his head, smile never fading as he turned back towards the rolling green fields of their hometown.
"Yes it is. We've been very lucky to enjoy such wonderful weather lately..", Alphonse trailed as he closed his eyes once more, looking even more at peace to (Y/N) as he spoke  again.
"It's days like today, that make me realize how important all the senses of the human body are, and how fortunate I am to have mine back..", Alphonse added, silently remembering the night everything changed.
"Alphonse..", (Y/N) said, (e/c) eyes filled with concern as she looked on at the young man she'd secretly fallen in love with. Alphonse then immediately noticed the concern in (Y/N)'s voice and his eyes shot open, turning towards her frame sitting next to him on the grass as he then waved his hands in assurance.
"O-Oh no I'm ok (Y-Y/N)! Really! I-I was just thinking back that's a-all..", Alphonse trailed off as he looked back at his lap, pink blush silently forming on his cheeks as he finished.
"I-I didn't mean to worry you....", He quietly uttered, golden eyes still focused on his lap. However his blush then rose in temperature immensely when (Y/N) quietly put her hand over his own that rested in his lap; Alphonse at that moment was so flustered and caught off guard by the sudden contact that he simply sat there, his blush spreading profusely as he couldn't make eye contact.
"A-Al, it's ok; You're my best friend, and if you need to talk to me, o-or just sit here with me and think...I-I'll be here; To listen or, j-just spend time with y-you..", (Y/N) said as she smiled kindly, her own blush then darkening as she realized she was still touching Al's hand. However, nothing could have prepared her for what happened next. In an instant, (Y/N)'s (e/c) orbs immediately looked down to see Alphonse intertwine their hands together, him then scooting closer to her as he still looked down at his lap.
(Y/N)'s heart was beating too fast at that moment for her to respond, so she sat there silently with burning cheeks as Alphonse spoke, gently gripping her hand a little tighter.

"F-For a long time, I-I thought about what I wanted to do when,and if, I ever got my body back. A-And lately, I've figured out that....a-all I want now, I-is to be with y-you; B-Because you know how I've been everywhere else a-after all..", Alphonse said as he finally looked over at (Y/N), giving the girl a closed-eyed smile. Soon Alphonse quickly opened his golden orbs to see (Y/N) resting her forehead on his chest, her feeling the affect of his pounding heart inside.
"(Y-Y/N)..."
"I-I feel that way too A-Al..", (Y/N) quietly said into Alphonse's chest, deep red blush never fading as she gripped his hand back that still held her own. Alphonse then felt relieved enough to where he then smiled at (Y/N)'s response, moving his head down closer to her as he held her with his other hand.
"You know, a-as I've looked back at what you've got me through, I've realized...that you knew me better than I knew myself. When I felt lost, and I couldn't find my way..o-or when words were at a loss..I could still here you say you'd be by my side, I can still here you say that.." Alphonse trailed as he still smiled warmly, holding (Y/N) closer as she snuggled into his chest, causing his cheeks to burn a darker red. However Alphonse then became concerned as he felt that (Y/N) was crying silently as her back heaved.
"(Y-Y/N) are you o-"
"(Sniff) I-I've missed you so much A-Al.."(Y/N) lamented as she rubbed her face deeper into Alphonse's chest.
"(Y/N).."
"A-And I-..." (Y/N) continued as she then moved her face to where she met Alphonse's comforting gaze, drying her eyes with her free hand before she continued.
"I'll still be by your side, e-even though your journey might be over now; T-There will still be days that won't be like today, days that feel like everything is wrong...but no matter what, I-I'm still on your side Al; I-I'll still be around, right by your...", (Y/N) trailed as her heart felt like it would explode. Before she even had time to comprehend it, Alphonse leaned closer and kissed her sweetly on her now blazing red cheek, earning a soft gasp from (Y/N) as she then accidentally gripped his hand tighter. After he kissed her on her cheek, Alphonse moved his forehead to rest on (Y/N)'s, his own cheeks the same color Ed's cloak had been as he looked into her (e/c) eyes.

"A-And I promise, no matter what I'll be by your side too; W-When I was in the armor all those years, I felt like everything inside it was so dark. S-So I know, what it feels like to be alone. A-And I promise, I will never leave you alone again," Alphonse reciprocated back as he stared deeply into (Y/N)'s eyes, completely entranced by his best friend. For a few more moments, the two of them stared into each other's eyes, until Alphonse quickly glanced down to (Y/N)'s lips and then back to her eyes, her doing the same afterwards; As if Alphonse was waiting for (Y/N) to respond, (Y/N) blushed again deeply before she gave him a shy smile, nodding her head. Alphonse's golden eyes then widened immediately as he too blushed crimson red at (Y/N)'s response, before he gained his composer and smiled back, cupping (Y/N)'s cheek with his free hand as he finally kissed her gently on her soft lips, she herself immediately reciprocating as she closed her (e/c) orbs. After a few moments, Alphonse's hand that cupped (Y/N)'s cheek made its way to rest behind her head, holding her (h/l), (h/c) hair as he slowly deepened the kiss, meanwhile as (Y/N)'s hands wrapped around his neck.

When the time came that air was absolutely necessary as the two separated and gazed at each other with happy smiles then returning, they sat there on the grass knowing that, whatever life had in store for them next or whatever happened after that day, they knew they'd always be by each other's side.

The End

A/n- Hey guys! Like always this was the next chapter that I hope you enjoyed; I also hope you liked the song I decided to use this week since I always try and find songs to fit the title of each chapter; And also as promised at the beginning of this update.....(drum roll 🎼) Here's my face reveal!!! Yep this is what I look like in real life in case anybody was curious, and I don't want anyone to feel like I felt pressured to show you guys or anything like that :) it's honestly something I've thought about doing for a while and after some kind words from one of you readers (ahem SmuggleMuffin ☺️), I've decided to do it! So if my ugliness doesn't permanently blind all of you lol, please let me know what you think in the comments if you want to :). Well then, guess that's all for now, so thank you all SO much for reading this chapter, I'll update like usual next Friday if all goes well, I hope you all really do have a safe and great weekend, and I'll see all my lovely Readers in the next chapter!! BUH- BYE!!!! :)

(picture is from the day I first cut my very long hair back in April)

BUH-BYE GUYS!! :)🤗👋📸
~Sarah

  BUH-BYE GUYS!! :)🤗👋📸~Sarah