41

I stood there speechless. I was told she was dead!

"Hello?" I come back to view not knowing what to say. "Why are you here?" She gives me a look like she owns everything. "I have unfinished buissness with Derek. May I speak to him?" But she is dead!

"I don't think that's a good idea.." She scoffs and crosses her arms. "I'm his wife. Are you his house keeper or something?" She cannot be serious. If so, she has a lot of explaining to do! "I'm his girlfriend." I said trying not to cause any ruckus. I heard the door open. "Is that him? I really need to talk to him." I hear footsteps, my heart beats out of my chest.

I don't look behind me when I hear paper falling on the ground.

D E R E K

I stare at the ring, examining it carefully. I wondered if I had bought it. Placing it back in my pocket, I grabbed the news paper, and headed for the door.

As I walked out into the living room, I come to find Caroline standing with the door open. I walk into view with the door and the person outside and dropped the newspaper. I thought I was going insane, or going to be. Rationally, I didn't know what was real, or what was fake. I blinked twice. She was still standing there. Caroline didn't turn around, she stayed there, looking at Charlene.

"Hi Derek." She said, intertwining her fingers together. "I know it's crazy, but I have so much to tell." I backed up. "I swear I'm going crazy! Caroline, please.." I look at her. She finally turns around, holding me and keeping me balanced. I didn't know if she felt it too, like she was going crazy?

"You need to leave." She calls, looking out the door. "Derek.. I have so much to tell you!" She gets up, slams the door shut, and locks it.

"Thats my girl.." I smile. "Learned it from the best!" I get up and sit on the couch. "We need answers.." I said. "Not me, you need answers. She's your wife!" I could tell she was getting angry, and it was my time to fix it. "Not anymore, not after everything she did to me." She looked at me, we sat on opposite sides of the room.

I got up and walked to the door. "Derek wait!" I heard Caroline yell. I opened it and there was Charlene, walking in a blur. "Charlene!!" I said and ran out. She stopped and looked back. When I reached to her, out of breath. "I need answers. And I need them now." I stared at her in the eyes. Feelings came rushing in my bones that I couldn't stop.

"He never killed me. The one I cheated on you with. I ran away. And I stayed hidden since then. I'm sorry for what I did. It was a mistake that I can't change." I looked at her with no expression. She meant nothing to me anymore. She sighed and tucked her hands in her pockets. "How's Wren?" How dare she bring him up.

"Better."

"Do you think I will ever be able to see him?" I shake my head and laugh. "Just because your alive, doesn't mean you get to come back into our lives. I moved on. And I have a new life now. One that your not in." She looks down. "I see that." She says looking behind me.

I turn around and there is Caroline, standing blankly. "I was just.." She says. "It's okay, I was just asking for answers." Flustered, I turn back to Charlene, who is starring at her. "She has nothing to do with what we are discussing here. Leave her out of it."

"What, is she your rebound to getting over me?" I scoff and throw my head back. "I love her. And she hasn't cheated on me or ran away and pretended to be dead. So don't you dare talk about her like that!" Her eyes widen, looking at me. "Sure.."

"Still stubborn as always? Looks like you haven't changed one bit."

"Alright. I only came here to give you answers, which you obviously need just to breathe, so I will give you them." I cross my arms, and wait for her to speak. "Your parents wouldn't let me see you. They were the only ones that knew I was still alive. I called them as much as I could. When I heard that you were injured last year, I was worried and came home to my parents just to be closer to you." She looked at me, sorrow filled her eyes with a mix of remorse. I stared her down and suddenly felt the worst feeling in the world. I felt what I did when I married her. I shook it out of my head, hoping it would leave me alone.

"That's it?" She nodded. "Good." I said and turned away, grabbing Caroline by the arm and dragging her with me back to the house. "Derek your hurting me, stop!" I let her go and stop. "I'm sorry, I didn't.." trailing off as usual when I don't use my head.

"It's fine, you were just being protective." She spat, rubbing her arm and walking up the driveway. "Caroline!" I groan and kick the grass. I walk up the driveway after her.

She barely made it in the house when I shut the door in front of her and grabbed her. I pressed my lips against hers, keeping her distracted. "Don't walk away from me like that ever again, please." She blinks twice. "Okay." I kissed her on the forehead and walked inside.

C A R O L I N E

I was left outside, flustered at his actions. I thought about Charlene and how she explained everything. I had doubts. What if she took her place back at being Derek's wife, and wouldn't give up. Would he go through with it?

I walked inside, arms crossed. "The pizza will be here soon." Derek said putting the phone back. "Sounds good." I said walking to the room. I closed the door and slid down. My elbows propped on my knees as my hands leaned on my head. What if he falls for her all over again? What if Wren meets her and they all gather in a one big happy reunion?

I heard a knock and shot my head up. "Caroline are you okay?" I got up and unlocked the door. "What's wrong? Why'd you lock the door?" I shot up, walking straight to the bed. "I don't know, I just.." I was so out of it I couldn't speak. "Do you.. still love her?" I hesitated. He didn't speak as I turned to him. His hands grabbed mine and held them tight. "I love you. I was over her years ago after she made the decision to cheat on me, then fake her own death." I cringed as he said was.

"Yes I might still have feelings that are floating around somewhere, but I love you." He cups my cheeks and looks me in the eye. "I love you too." I still had my frequent doubts.

When the pizza arrives, I dart to the kitchen and get first pick. "Best..pizza..ever." I said still chewing on my bite. "I can tell." Derek laughs. I finish my second piece and called it quits. "Did you guys like it? Should we get this pizza from now on?" They both nod in unison.

I looked up at Derek, who was leaning on Wren's head, smiling. I wiped my mouth with my napkin, and put my plate in the sink. "You still shaken up?"

"A little.." He knows somethings up.

"What's wrong. I can see your expression." I sighed heavily.

"I just.. I feel like you still love her, or you still have feelings for her.." He looks down and let's out a light sigh, I knew I shouldn't of even thought of saying that.