4

"Bailey! It's..3:45 in the morning what could possibly be more important that can't wait till I get up?" I waited for a minute or two and already knew what was coming.

The door burst open. Bailey, Alyssa, Grams, Mom, and Dad all screaming: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I was so surprised I sat up in silence. "Oh my.. really?! At- 3:47 in the morning! You guys care too much." Alyssa came running to my side, laying right in my arms. "Mommy's birfday!" I looked down at her and smiled. "Yeah, mommy's birthday."

I was having breakfast in bed as Zeus came running in, everybody stood out of his way. "Zeus, what you got there?" There was a little note attached to his collar, so I grabbed it and opened it. My heart sped up, I knew what it was but I didn't want it to be.

Happy birthday, everybody deserves a second chance.

-Drake

Everybody, even Zeus was looking at me. Of course, Bailey being protective as usual, snatches it from me with anger. "Oh, that scumbag! Just throw it away and forget about him, I thought you were already doing just that?" Words that I didn't even know the meaning to were going through my head I couldn't believe he even thought that was a possible solution. "I know, and I am. I'm over him. I'm stared over, moved out of that house, got a new status. I'm all in for a change."

I got dressed, saying my goodbyes to Grams, Mom, and Dad. Alyssa, Bailey and I made our way over to the local bowling alley for the rest of my birthday. Alyssa used the bumpers and made a strike at least every time.

Alyssa was at a table with us near the bar, even though she wasn't supposed to be this close, we didn't care. I turned to look around the room and sitting on a bar stool was Drake. I walked over to the seat next to Drake and sat down. "Your seriously crying?" He wiped his eyes and turned, looking very surprised. "Oh, uhm no I was just looking at some old photos."

Leave. That was the only word that was running through my head. I had to say something. "Well, I was just checking to see if it was you or not." As I turned away, he grabbed my arm. "Is that her?" He knew it. He knew it was her. There should have been any questions about that. "Yes, that's Alyssa." He let go of my arm, knowing I wasn't in the mood.

"She looks like you." I wanted to slap him so badly. "Excuse me? Don't give me that crap. If your wondering, I got your "hidden" letter."

"Well?" He looked up at me in the corner of his eye. "I told you this before Drake. I'm done. I'm done with you, have a nice life."

I turned and walked away. I knew I never wanted to be within five feet near him ever again. As I got back to the table, Bailey had a blank face. "Your last time, huh?" I was still mad, but not at her. "Let's go."

As I got Alyssa into her car seat, I got a text from my mom.

How was your day bowling?

I thought it was funny how she takes her sweet time to text me, or see how I'm doing. The little things your parents could do for you, I never let go of that.

Good.

We drive to my house letting Bailey in for a short visit since she hadn't seen the house. We talked for a couple of hours, watching Friends on the television.

It was a re-run of the episode where Chandler and Monica first start dating and they are trying to hide their relationship with the others. I don't know how many times I've seen this episode, but I'ts okay cause I get used to it.

Alyssa fell asleep on the floor with pillows surrounding her, I laugh to myself. Bailey on the other hand, made me laugh even harder. She wakes up to me laughing, I instantly stop and focus back to the TV.

"What?" She says and she looks at the time on her phone. "Oh Shoot! I have that interview at eight tomorrow!" She gets up from the couch, putting her shoes on. She grabbed her purse form the counter, running to the door.

"Bye! I'll see you soon!" She says, I wave to her goodbye.

The day slowly ended. I'm exhausted. Bailey left with a gift for me on the table.

Happy birthday, I'm glad you had fun! P.S. Alyssa helped me out.

I opened it, and in it was a $50 gift card to my favorite store. I smiled, seeing Alyssa lay there on the ground. I was going to miss these simple nights, wanting to catch up on my sleep, and receiving it.

I picked her up, letting her lay in my arms as I brought her to her room. Tucking her in, I felt the slightest bit of pain, not knowing why.

I kissed her forehead, walking out and shutting the door. I noticed I had held in my breath, and let it out.

Going to bed that night was somewhat of a relief. I didn't have a fussy girl on my shoulders, and I didn't have an annoying ex on my back.

But waking up the next morning was even better. I turned to my right, seeing Alyssa lay there, her eyes fluttering as she dreampt. I touched her face, seeing how fragile she really was. She moved a bit, so I scooted her closer to me, holding her tight as we slept in the morning light.