46

"Caroline?" I shake my thoughts off, looking straight into his eyes. "We need to go." I shot up from the couch, being pulled back from his grip. "Hold up cowgirl," He laughed holding my elbows. His sigh wasn't just like any, it held something.

"Do you understand what it means when I say I love you?" I opened my eyes wide, looking at him in confusion. "Yes of cou-"

"It means I want you, and only you. It means on my list in my messed up head, your at the top. It means that I'll do anything for you, cause your more than I knew you'd be. Even though my head can coordinate with recent memories, I still know that I love you." His words shot me in the heart with an invisible arrow, swelling it with every sound.

"I.." I was speachless. He kissed my forehead. "I already know." Smiling down at me, he placed his hands on both sides of my face, breathing heavily. I looked up at him, flustered. "I'll be in the car." He held onto my hand until he couldn't reach anymore, letting mine smack against my thigh.

"Mom, dad, I'm leaving. I'll be back as soon as I can!" I heard my mom's voice echo through the hallway. "Okay!"

I walked down the steps, noticing how cold it got just from a few hours. Climbing into the car, I breathed hard. I instantly felt calmed from the heat Derek had turned on. My phone buzzed, showing my dad's name on the screen. "Dad? I just left, what's up?"

"We're moving." My eyes almost popped out of my head, making me go slightly blind. "What?!"

"I know.. but I was thinking.." He paused.

"You and Derek wouldn't want to come with, would you?" My mind rambled as I looked over to Derek. I didn't think that he was ready to move into my house?! Let alone in another state! "Uh, dad I'll have to talk to you later. I mean it's a lot of thought, but I will definitely give you an answer."

"I'll make a call if you can, just let me know." It wouldn't be anytime soon. I'll have to break the news to him after we are done with his parents. "What was that about?" I slid down in my seat. "My dad was telling me something from a while ago." He nodded his head slowly, forming a "o" shape with his lips.

Five minutes later, we pulled into Derek's parents driveway, Patty still standing in the window. We sat there, looking at her. Charles came into view, pulling her into a hug. "Let's go." He says looking away. "Hey," I pull his face in between my hands, looking his directly in the eyes. "it'll be okay, we'll get this done and over with, the. We can move on and go home." He looks down, his eyes glossy and all.

"What's wrong?" He moved away from my hands, looking in the window at Patty and Charles. "I don't know if I can.." My face drooped, feeling like it lost color.

"You can't what?" I dared to know what was coming. "I don't know if I can move on. I can't get away from her Care.." My eyes burned, trying to not pour.

"Just ten minutes ago, you told me the big thing of how you loved me? Was that all for show?" I felt like breath was decreasing on me. Every one I took, it became slower and slower. "I mean I think she's haunting me.. I can't get her out of my head, the horrible memories, and she doesn't know when to quit." I sighed closing my eyes. I didn't care if she was trying to mess with us, I just wanted to know that he was being honest and truthful.

"We will fix that." I said looking straight at Candice, just coming out of the hall.

-

"Mom. Dad." Derek nodded.

"Sorry for earlier, I had just remembered that the kids were at my parents house." I lied.

"Your fine honey.." I looked down at Derek intertwining our fingers behind our bodies. I looked back up, finding Candice watching my gaze. "Derek?" She says looking at him in fear. He looked at her for a split second, then looking away, turning his attention back to his parents.

I just hate being in the same room as her, maybe it's a good idea to move out of state. To get away from her, from all the lies, and to start fresh. "I have a few obligations, and you of all, will not like them." He says pointing fingers at Candice.

"Why.." She pleads, not meaning a word to him. "Because you drive me nuts! I feel like I'm being haunted by you, and I need you to stay away from me as I try to move on." Frozen in place, my eyes widen at his words. Stay away from me as I try to move on.

"You told me you loved me just two hours ago!" She blurted out, covering her mouth after speaking. Tears brimmed at the edges of my eyes, not knowing what to say. "You bitch.." He says. "I said I didn't love you, I loved her, and then I ran out, to go find her!" He looks at his parents for coverage.

"Candice, I didn't think you would take it this far, if he says he doesn't love you, then let you need to let him go." He shakes her head, taking in a deep breath. "You all are fuck ups!! You don't know it means to have to go through something like this!" I rolled my eyes, turning the opposite way and letting go of Derek's hand.

"Your the reason I can't be with him!" She darts her finger at me. "It's all your fault!!"

"Don't you dare bring her into this like that! She has done nothing wrong." Derek spat at her.

"I fell in love with her, she replaced the hole I had in my chest for your absence. So don't even start!" I looked out the window, seeming as it was all being thrown on me. Every thing she said, was an offense to me. Things about my brother, they way she played him, her rubbing in my face the night they made love, making disgusting thoughts roll through my mind.

"The way he grinded me, holding me tight with each thrust," she speaks in my ear. "Moaning my name, I bet he hasn't done that to you has he?" Anger boiled in me, making want to burst. He hasn't done anything like that, and I didn't need him to. I loved him just enough as it was, I didn't need him for sex?

"Did he tell you that he liked the way you sounded against him? The way you felt? I guess not.." She smiled, looking up at the rest of them. I silently cried as she backed away, I wasn't going to let her get to me, it was the last thing I needed to worry about.

"Leave her alone!" Derek says, coming to my side. "Don't listen to her," He whispers to me. "please. Don't let her get to you." I didn't say a word, looking straight at the window. He turns away from me, still kneeling beside me on near the couch. "You know, Candice. There is one thing you never knew." He stood up, making me look over to him.

"What?" She grins.

"I think, I actually love her more than I ever loved anyone." I could see the anger sturr up in Candice, making me feel a little better.

"No." She says vilently. The corners of my mouth curve up, looking at them. "Yes." Derek fires back. "No! You loved me!! Tell me then, why did you have a kid with me? Hah! See, I knew it!" I saw him shake his head, then I heard a chuckle escape from him.

"You don't get it, maybe I just wanted to be a father, then go find the right one for me? Maybe I felt suspicious after I found out you were pregnant, and slipped away?" My smile grew, not being able to contain myself.
"You don't mean it!" She squeals. I look away, trying not to laugh at how stupid she sounds. "Expect the unexpected Candice." She pushes past him, opening the door, then looking at me. "All your fault!!" Slamming the door behind her. I watched as she ran down the driveway, not stopping.

The next thing I knew, I heard numerous honks, and screaming. I shot up, looking at the light impacting with her body.

I scream- not knowing what else to do but run outside.

"Derek, she was hit, this car hit her!!" Derek ran past me, running into the street. "Oh my god!" It was bad. Her body in forms that couldn't be reached unless broken. Her chest was broken open, revealing blood on her clothing.

I covered my mouth, looking in horror at was once the girl who almost killed my brother.