23

*Derek's point of view*

"Alright, your good to checkout anytime you would like. Just make sure to checkout from Sally's board." The nurse waves at me, saying goodbye and letting me have my privacy for the last time in this room.

I'm so glad I am going back to the house to see my beautiful girlfriend. God I miss her so much. She had been gone all week for school, I won't be mad about that. I hadn't seen her for awhile, I guess she's just giving me some space.

I miss Wren, I miss his smarting off. I miss Caroline as well, I miss her kisses, her touch, I miss everything about her in general, and I can't wait to see everyone again. I just hope they don't throw a party for gods sake!

I wheel my way out to the lobby and stop right in front of Sally's desk. "Ready to go home?" She asks and I laugh at her comment. "Yes. I miss everyone terribly." She gives me a frownie face, but I accept it. "But you won't miss me?" I look up at her and she is shaking her head in laughter. Sally and her jokes, I will miss them. Sally made me happy when I was sad in the hours of her absence.

I found it hard to be entertained by the other doctors, but when Sally came in to check up on me, she changed that. She made me realize that it wasn't so bad, it was just me missing Caroline that made it worse.

A taxi pulls up to the curb and I wheel my way out to it. The driver helps me in and I barely make it in time as the driver sets my legs in place.

We drive down the familiar road and I can already feel my pulse rising. I look around outside and it seemed a little different. I couldn't quite get to it, but I knew it was something.

He pulls into the driveway, grabbing the wheelchair and placing it next to the door so I can sit in it. I wheel my way up to the door and knock for help. The door flings open with a man answering the door. "Oh I'll get Caroline." I am shocked as Caroline, the women I had been dreaming of seeing again comes into my view.

She pulls me into a big hug and I sit there, shocked as hell. "Jacob came to see you." She wheels me into the house and takes off my shoes. "And so did a few others." I fucking knew it.

There was like a whole classroom full of people on the house and my anxiety grows as they scream 'Welcome home, Derek!' My ears pop at the sound of the blow horn. Caroline must of noticed my sour look as she walked over to me and pulled a questioned look on her face.

"You alright?" She whispered.

"Yeah I'm just..exhausted. Can we go into the room for a minute while I unpack?" She nods and rolls me into he hallway.

*Caroline's point of view*

I already know he's pissed off by the look on his face. "You brought him over I see?" Great, I knew I wouldn't hear the end of that. "Yes, he is just a friend." I grab his hand and kneel in front of him.

"I swear, he is only a friend and I didn't hang out with him at all. Ask Bailey, she would know since I was with her, crying because I couldn't see you for a week." I missed him terribly and now he's here, mad at me for inviting my friend from high school.

"Wait, why couldn't you see me?" His voice was unbalanced and I was getting worried he wouldn't believe me. "I had school, remember?" I hope he trusts me still because I was at school this whole week. "Yeah, I remember." He looked down at his hands and they were shaking. "I missed you." He looked up and I smiled at him, making sure he knows I love him.

"I missed you so much, you don't even know." He held my neck and pulled me closer, soon enough, I was sitting on his lap, kissing him. We got interrupted by a knock on the door. "That's our cue." I say out of breath. Our lips were barely parted by the time I looked back at him.